1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shocking] Police Routinely Violate Rights Of "The Blacks" in Ferguson

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Mar 3, 2015.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Justice Dept. investigation finds a pattern of racial bias among authorities in Ferguson. <a href="https://twitter.com/RonAllenNBC">@RonAllenNBC</a> reports now <a href="http://t.co/95uYyF6esU">pic.twitter.com/95uYyF6esU</a></p>&mdash; NBC Nightly News (@NBCNightlyNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/573265523993149440">March 4, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Don't worry, Texxx will ignore this post.

3. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

the ubn( united blood nation) a vicious african-american new york street-gang has declared war on non-black cops... on december 17, 2014... 4 longtime nypd police officers were found hanging by their necks at upstate new york homes

blacks in new york have had enough, black on black violence has dropped in states like illinois, and new york, and gang leaders have shifted their targets on law enforcement," in the eyes of most blacks if nobody in the community called them over their, then they shouldnt be there.."... SCARY

4. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

i wonder what those cops think of jameis winston... im sure they are one of the many leaving those lovely racist comments on articles involving him

5. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Ha ha ha -- yeah, I am not sure which reactionary media outlet he picked up that talking point from, but he sure does seem impressed with it -- despite it being complete BS.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So the answer to the question about you believing in personal responsibility is "no". Thanks for making that clear.

7. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

i won't speak for those guys...but I can tell you that i'm not a racist

i do know this, if michael brown hadn't chose to be a criminal, he wouldn't have been shot

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Disgusting.

These people should be fired at minimum, and the worst offenders should be put in jail.

9. showa13

showa13 Member

Wait, there are people seriously questioning the report? I'm guessing cause it found out what was already pretty obvious. As an African American male in his early 20s who's been the victim of racial profiling, none of this surprises me. It sucks and it's sad that every time I see an officer of the law I have to fear for my safety instead of feeling safe. I really don't think some of you grasp this. I'm in college, have never committed a felony in my life. Yes I've made mistakes and poor decisions, but I suffer from this very common condition called being a human. Obviously some of the posters here don't value lives of minorities at all, which is something I've had to get used to. It just baffles me that people are questioning a report from the Freaking Department of Justice.

I'm guessing if the report found that FPD had not committed any injustices then there would be no questioning the report at all(but that's none of my business)

10. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Wait -- did you really just say that? This is Eric Holder's group. He's a complete laughingstock. You must not follow the news much. You've probably never heard of the gun running to Mexico (whose guns were used to kill a US Border Patrol Agent among many others), monitoring the press, and Holder simply deciding not to defend certain federal laws (DOMA, etc) just because.

ALSO, you must recognize the timing of the DOJ's release of this -- right before they determined that Officer Wilson wouldn't face charges. They needed to cover that piece of news up so there weren't more riots.

...and on your alleged racial profiling...how much of that is due to your age, rather than your race? Many youth are profiled... but that doesn't play well with your racial pity party. It's always easier to just pull the race card.

11. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

What an incoherent mess. The one argument you had that might be relevant and actually data-based rather than wild-eyed theory would be your last one--alleging mass ageism and implying that there disproportionate amount of black youth in Ferguson as opposed to white youth. Of course there's no substantiation.

As it is, I think you're trying to throw s**t at a wall and see what sticks. Amusing.

I'd like to see the data on ageism, and why you didn't think gender first given the vast majority of violent crimes are committed by men.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

So you acknowledge my point on ageism -- one simply cannot take the DOJ information at face value without asking these next level questions.

13. Remii

Remii Member

So what does Brown have to do with the illegal actions of the FDP... Which apparently has been going on before the Brown shooting. The criminal actions of the police department outweigh whatever criminal actions of Brown. Turning a blind eye to the injustices of fellow citizens is just as bad if not worst than being racist.

14. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

what next level questions--alleging ageism without evidence is one of the worst ways to try to derail this topic and the sign of somebody who either is really bad at research or is really desperate to make a bad point. I highlighted it as the only redemptive point because in theory, if you had some data, it'd be a better argument than anything you've had up to this point.

where are your answers, never mind your next level answers

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's just the nature of a select few vociferous posters to react with hateful emotion rather than accept facts and logic. Some of their best friends are less pigmentationally challenged so they feel they speak from a wealth of diverse experiences. What you've just responded to is the spectacle we like to call, the clown show. Welcome, my brethren.

16. showa13

showa13 Member

So when I'm walking with a group of my friends(all of about the same age and white) and an officer walks up to us and singles me out for committing a robbery, carrying drugs, dealing drugs, and 'being somewhere I'm not suppose to be' it's just my age I guess. When I get pulled over for going 42 in a 40 and have my car searched because I 'look like I'm doing something wrong' it's just my age. When I almost got arrested going to a job interview wearing a suit because I ran across the street moments after the ped crossing sign changed(although I wasn't the only one crossing at that point, I just again happen to be the only African American in the situation) it's just my age. Yes, I've been profiled because of my race. It happens all the time. Don't try to convince yourself otherwise. Ask any African American male and they'll tell you at one point in their life it has happened to them.

I'm not gonna sit here and say I stay glued to the bull**** that is shown on the news. I don't think Officer Wilson was 100% in the wrong that night. He handled the situation improperly, but he did what he did in a situation that he thought his life was in jeopardy, and I wasn't surprised nor was I particularly upset that he wasn't tried. That is not what this is about. This is about the obvious fact that the police in Ferguson have been shown to act with racial bias and repeatedly violate the constitutional rights of the African American citizens of that city. And I'm saying that that conclusion, based on my experiences, is probably true in many parts of this country. The DOJ(like all government) is most likely corrupt, but that doesn't mean that this report is not true.

17. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I've heard this many times before. Please don't take anything that clown BigTexx says seriously. He does add value to this board, though, b/c dolts like him are good examples of what not to follow.

#77 dandorotik, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  18. g1184

g1184 Member

This is my favorite ... one post trying to establish a definitive, end-all source declaring the rightfulness of the exonerated officer ... no questions, "case closed":

Followed by two posts attempting to undermine the credibility of the same authority he just linked to earlier, with questions galore:

Priceless.

1 person likes this.
  19. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Just for a complete picture. The median age of white males in Ferguson is 46. The median age of black males is 23.

Data from here.

#79 DCkid, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

DELETE DUPE