1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shocking] Police Routinely Violate Rights Of "The Blacks" in Ferguson

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Mar 3, 2015.

1. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Horrible injustice being done. Nobody no matter what race they are should be okay with this kind of injustice.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

Rudan was quoting the Ferguson police department's words, which we can all agree are wrong.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

So I take you guys have no problem with what happened here? Basically you are saying - this is to be ignored and not bothered with because it's not the reason for shootings of michael brown or justifying retaliation and they could just vote them out?

If that's the case, than I think you guys are basically admitting to being racists.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Really, because without any quotation marks and no condemnation of that "quote" I can only assume he condones the "joke".

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

I do have a problem with racist jokes. Like saying blacks can't hold jobs -- that's wrong.

I'd like to see the rest of the evidence. It wasn't clear to me what that was. If the whites that live in Ferguson are older than the blacks, then I could see a disproportionate number of blacks being arrested there.

I do think there was a desire by the Justice Department to "find something" in this case, since Officer Wilson won't face charges.

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Well we do know that searches of white motorists are more likely to turn up drugs and other contraband than searches of black motorists, but black motorists get searched twice as much.

7. DCkid

DCkid Member

I don't think this is anything new. USA Today had a report that across the entire country that blacks are 10 times more likely to be arrested than non-blacks.

If you apply that to Ferguson's population of being 2/3 black, the expected percentage of arrests would be pretty much exactly 95% (ie, for every one non-black person arrested 10 black people would be arrested, and then multiply that by 2 since there are twice as many blacks in Ferguson., 20/21 = 95.2%).

A huge issue, but Ferguson appears to be right at the norm.

2 people like this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

What do you think of FB's point that if statistically searches for white were more likely to turn up something illegal yet they were less likely to be searched? How do you explain that?

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

Need to see sample sizes on this. Also need to understand the circumstances of why the cars are pulled over.

This statement alone is not convincing.

10. Remii

Remii Member

The majority in this country are perfectly fine with it because this type of thing has been going on for decades and they don't complain and say the black people who do are just making stuff up.

Just look at the discrepancy in the amount of prison time that was being handed out for people who where caught with crack compared to people who where caught with cocaine and the majority was perfectly fine with it.

11. HamJam

HamJam Member

Thanks for mathing this up for us.

So, all we need now is the entire population to become as riotous and rebellious as the one in Ferguson, and then perhaps we can start trying to create the change we need in this country.

The government is going to act like Ferguson is the exception, but it isn't. They are going to try to dispel national anger at similar situations all over the country by claiming this is an isolated situation that can be treated as such.

This report shows that the anger and riots in Ferguson were necessary and justified -- and, by extension, I would say it is necessary and justified across the entire nation.

Direct action my friends, it gets the goods.

12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

So you would agree that the deaths of NYPD officers Liu and Ramos were worth it? Even though Officer Wilson won't face charges, despite intense scrutiny of the case?

13. Nook

Nook Member

Very true to the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Predictable but sad all the same.

14. HamJam

HamJam Member

What do you mean by worth it? Do I think they should have been assassinated? No. But I also don't think that millions of people should live under an unjust system silently, lest they create a dangerous environment for police officers.

The police and justice systems in place now are killing a lot more people and stealing the lives of a lot more people than 2. I see no reason why we should put up with that treatment.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

Question -- is there actually a vicious circle at work in Ferguson? Blacks disrespecting police, therefore police are more likely to pull them over and arrest them due to their disrespectful behavior towards the police?

#35 bigtexxx, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  16. Nook

Nook Member

How the hell have you not been banned?

17. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Yep, they were asking for it.

It's "vicious circle", by the way.

18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

"The blacks", disrespecting police since 1776. They've received police brutality the old fashioned way, they've earrrrrrned it.

Thanks, Smith Barney.

19. Bäumer

Bäumer Member

Well the D&D is the D&D and a total cesspool. His crap does spill into the Hangout in almost all of posts but he keeps it passive aggressive and not this blatant. I think he might just be a troll but I can't tell for sure.

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

Thanks. I did know that, but I'll fix it.