1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shocker!-A sports journalist defends Yao Ming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gatorfan76, Feb 11, 2005.

1. nyc2k2

nyc2k2 Member

The majority of those "sports analysts" who put Yao in the "most disappointing ones" were those guys who pridicted Yao is a bust before Yao joins NBA. Interestingly, they now have "high expectations" from this "bust". It is easist way to tell that they don't know NBA (period)

2. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

did someone say sexy party!?!?

[​IMG]

3. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

I was going to edit that post to remove my lame sexy party gif, but apparently I can't edit posts.

4. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

damnit I might have to contribute just to edit my posts, as this follow-up is annoying. I forgot which board I pulled that gif from apparently it was this one, I thought I found it on a different board.

5. scyman

scyman Contributing Member

Seems like all the writers and "analysts" who have never played or coached the game are the only ones with negative things to say about Yao. When it comes to current and past NBA players or coaches, they all seem to think he's coming along fine and will be a force in the future.

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

The guy is NBA fatasy stats show host. He always repeats "quit hate on Yao" in his show. I wanted to make it my sig.

7. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Calm down, man. You are cool, and don't worry about it. (This is the fourth posts about the .gif in two different threads.

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

It's 9:30 or 10 on the west coast, which is my dinner time.

9. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

His show normally airs about 5 or 6 times a day right after the NBA Daily. On DirecTV its 601. I'm not sure if you have to have League Pass to get it.

10. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

The trouble I have with Fantasy Hoops is that by definition it glorifies individualism over team success.

Basketball is the least suited sport for this fantasy league stuff. In other sports (esp. baseball), teammates benefit from a player having the most gaudy stats possible, because that player's success does not come at the expense of teammates. Basketball is played best unselfishly, which means not making filling up a stat sheet a primary goal. This is contrary to the fantasy league concept. Making the extra pass, the hustle plays, efficiency, court savvy, minimizing turnovers, etc.; all are ignored on this type of show. I know it's a fun diversion for folks, and I don't mean to make a big deal about it, but to have a representative of the league (the NBA-TV host) glorify the stat sheet rubs me the wrong way.

I salute what the guy said, but I do not care much for the concept. I'd rather NBA-TV put up an in-depth highlights and analysis show, like ESPN2's show.

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

The NBA TV Insiders do a much better show than anything BSPN puts up

12. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

13. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

It is included in Time Warner Cable's Digital Package for about $45 a month with all the other basic channels. It used to be that you had to purchase League Pass to get it before, but not anymore! :D :cool:

14. jcantu

jcantu Contributing Member

I don't understand why all these journalists bash Yao for every minor problem Yao may have with his game.

Nobody criticizes Kenyon Martin (who was also a no.1 pick and has a max contract) as much as Yao and I don't think he has had a season as good as this year's Yao.

15. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Please keep the Laker lovers' "BSPN" crap off of our board. It's unoriginal and stupid. Don't sink to their level.

16. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I hate to ruin the party, but is this guy paid by the NBA? I wouldn't call that a true "jounalist". I wouldn't expect him to bash Yao, the NBA's moneymaker.

Still, I like his points.

17. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I'm not saying that this couldnt be true, but he tells it like it is... He is a HUGE T-Wolfs fan and talks how bad they suck now...Also, Its a fantasy show he's gonna talk good of the players that play well and sell the ones that dont.. He also stresses that Yao is an Ironman, which seems hard to come by anymore...

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, he is. He calls the wolves his boys. Maybe hes from there.

19. fa7999

fa7999 Member

He just gave Bobby Sura some major props this moring saying that he is one of the keys for the recent turnaround of the Rockets.