1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

She's sleeping on the couch...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by gatsby, Jul 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It could have happened to her before and it's happened to other chicks. Guys stringing along girls never to commit to marriage. Girls approaching 30 start freakin out

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I never saw more commercials in my life for a toy that I never saw once in my entire childhood. Skippin and a jumpin and a bop do bop.

3. gatsby

gatsby Member

She's spending the night with some friends. :(

4. TheresTheDagger

No matter how you feel about it, she's made her feelings clear.

And it's pretty obvious she doesn't trust you're serious about her. This problem didn't begin upon the break up...it began way before that. The fact you missed the signals that she was getting restless means you are either incredibly self centered OR you knew and were hoping she was bluffing.

She called your bluff. She's 27. Biological clock and all that stuff.

Time to man up. You're 27 too. Old enough to decide this stuff. Propose or let her go.

Honestly, if after 2 years and being 27 you aren't sure, my guess is you probably ARE sure you don't want to marry her. Its just it sucks for you because you like her and will miss her. That's relationships man. Timing is always a big part of it.

I get that breakups suck. But divorce (especially with kids 5 years down the line) sucks much worse.

5. Nook

Nook Member

So I just got a text from Honeybear telling me he banged some chick on her couch while her boyfriend was crying in the bedroom while on the Internet.

6. Nook

Nook Member

I agree... A pen of BBW's a kiddie pool and a lot of Hershey's chocolate syrup. Get some of candied cherries too, the chubs like them as treats for being obedient.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Oh god, the mental image left me scarred.

And man the **** up OP. Marriage isn't something you jump into like this, you'll know when its right.

8. Asian Sensation

That's what they all call them. It's time for you to find some new friends to have some sleepovers.

9. Buck Turgidson

Inflatable blue plastic pool, 5 gallon bucket of Wesson cooking oil, Ann Coulter vs Nancy Grace.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn, plural? Ain't wasting no time.

The clock is ticking, OP.

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

I wish I can help you OB, but im usually the one who sleep on the couch or running away, sometimes for no apparent reason other than trying to figure out how does it feel to be in a sweet November movie

12. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Yeah I'd say she's probably got creampied at least 12 times by now. You gotta move on

13. Nook

Nook Member

Nancy Grace won with a nasty move ripping out Ann Coulter's hood piercings. OP celebrated with a chocolate shake from the Hershey's syrup whiped up in the BBW pen.

14. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Relax. Don't worry about her going out with friends for the night. It's probably her just "getting away" from the stress and/or hurt of the situation you guys are going through right now. She's probably just venting to her friends. Remember, you BOTH are going through this and she's hurting too. You were living a "married life"... living together without being married, telling her how you can see her being with you forever and raising your kids together, but not SHOWING her that commitment. Right now it's all talk... just an act. Again, put yourself in her shoes.

You keep telling us how much she means to you but why aren't you doing anything about it instead of hanging on a basketball forum talking about it? You must have a real big hangup over marriage. Did your parents divorce? People around you marriages in trouble or not work out?

There's NOTHING wrong with marriage. Marriage isn't a problem. It's the people in a marriage that's the problem. People bring in baggage, hurts and character flaws into a marriage. It's two "broken" people committing to being together in every way for the rest of their lives. There's going to be issues. But people these days give up when things get tough instead of honoring their commitment and sticking it out TOGETHER. They give up in the things meant to bring them closer together. Marriage isn't easy... at all. Trust me, it down right sucks at times. It can be annoying, hurtful, crazy, maddening, etc. But, it's so freaking rewarding once you get through all that crap, realize you both are still there and both learn to live life, not as as an I, but as a we. To live life together, putting the other before yourself. I think maybe you're afraid of marriage because you're afraid to look into the mirror and be honest with yourself, not because of her or some lack of "feeling". That sounds like just an excuse. From the things you've said, she sounds like a good woman who you should feel lucky to have. But this all is about you. Either you need to figure you out or allow her to go on and find her happiness. Again, thoughts and prayers to you both.

3 people like this.
  15. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Damn this is harsh. But probably true lol

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Well said.

17. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Pics of this girlfriend will help us help you in turn helping y'all as a couple

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Damn....some of y'all are crazy harsh...

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Why does it matter to her that you get married if you're together all the time anyway?

There is nothing wrong with getting a divorce, it's as likely to happen to anyone as not.

You don't have to get married, it's ok to live unmarried, there's nothing wrong or missing or lacking from unmarried people.

Once you understand these two things, all the pressure of marriage goes down. Fear of divorce and fear of missing out are as likely to end your marriage as cheating or whatever.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm sure it's cool with some women but it's obviously not cool with her.

She's free to leave his ass and marry another guy and shouldn't feel ridiculed for it. This isn't about OP's idea of what his relationship should be like, it's about her and she deserves to live the life she wants even if (God-ford) that means she needs to get married.