1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sheridan Hoops] Bobcats Shopping Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Deuce, Jun 25, 2013.

1. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Really dude

2. Swishh

Swishh Member

Kawhi Leonard.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Obviously Kawhi at the current moment.

But he's benefitted from 1 more year of experience, better players, coaching, and organization. Hard to truly compare them.

4. thething

thething Contributing Member

If we wait till after Howard is signed, we could trade some young prospects for him to make the salary match.

Nothing to do before the draft, though.

5. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

MKG has been trending on Twitter for the last few hours. I saw a couple of tweets asking who started the rumor, and I didn't see any credible source. I saw 1 tweet that suggested MKG and the #4 pick to CLE for #1 and #19.

Normally, I would dismiss this rumor, but it is Charlotte we're talking about here.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

MKG might not be as good as Kawhi now, but I wish it was possible to see how he would have performed with an organization like the Spurs.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Leonard by ten miles. Not even close.

8. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If they trade him for pretty much anything that's not a 25 or under star, this is why the Bobcats are the Bobcats.

MKG did pretty much exactly what people expected - high energy, + defense, and some good rebounding, but mainly garbage scoring while showing high upside.

They drafted him #2 overall -- if that's not what they wanted, they should've traded the pick or drafted someone else. It's not like they just landed a position to grab LeBron, and now think MKG is redundant for a draft pick who is still older than him.

9. Chamillionaire

Joe Kotoch: The Charlotte Bobcats have been shopping Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Potential that he is moved on draft night. #NBADraft Twitter @Probballdraft

10. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

If there was anyway possible, I would love to acquire him for some of our rookies, like Robinson, Jones, or White. I would then move Parsons to the 4.

Lin
    Harden
    Kidd-Gilchrist
    Parsons
    Asik

If we get Howard, it'll be even crazier. That's a great balance of O and D.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think every team in the NBA wants MKG. He could be unbelievable, and his work ethic and winning attitude makes him such a likable prospect.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I would gladly swap for MKG for Thomas Robinson. Like today. Just focus our efforts on trying to sign Dwight...MKG can be our insurance policy if Parsons becomes too much to keep. But once again..all of this is just smoke screens that most teams do right before the draft...

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Seriously?? MKG is a can't space the floor nearly as well, is a terrible shooter, and is defensively a wash with Chandler. Oh yeah, did I mention that he makes 5 TIMES THE SALARY of Parsons?? He might be younger, but it's not as if Chandler is old. Unless Charlotte is throwing in a Top 5 protected draft pick, I wouldn't even consider it.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

We can't afford to take on MKG's salary, AND sign Dwight unless we're sending out a heck of a lot more than just Robinson. MKG makes $4.8M/year.

15. basketballholic

I think the play here is Charlotte is going to see if they get a bite from Cleveland for #1.

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I guess if Howard comes, you could trade Asik for MKG and then slide Parsons over to the 4 spot. Not sure if I would do that though.

17. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

in a new york minute

18. bandwagon

bandwagon Member

I don't think so.

Chandler has the lower salary... for now. But he's due for a new contract soon, maybe as soon as next summer. When that happens Parsons could make twice as much as MKG, who is tied to a rookie contract for 3 more years.

It's not about youth. It's about potential. MKG averaged 9 ppg on 46% FG and grabbed 6 rpg in only 26 minutes per game. Pretty impressive for a kid who is still only 19 years old, and played only 1 year of college ball. That was more impressive than what Parsons did as a 23-yr old rookie in 2011 --- with 4 years of college experience to boot.

I'd do the trade in a heartbeat.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I agree...didnt really think about MKG salary...(makes almost 4 mil)

I do have a question, what if the Rockets are in the market of trying to ship TRob to the Bobcats, and use MKG for a trade with another team.

I was thinking if Aldrige or Love were in play if they received Asik, MKG and picks as compensation??

Could the Rockets see themselves adding a true PF to play next to Howard(assuming he wants to come)??

Howard
    Love/or Lemarcus
    Parsons
    Harden
    Lin

that lineup would make me really happy...

20. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

At what point do you stop trading for potential and let guys grow together? Parsons may not have MKG's upside, but he's capable of being the 3rd or 4th option on a contending team.

Furthermore, provided the Rockets get Howard, it's time to focus on putting pieces around him that make for winning basketball. Parsons is a better fit than MKG in this regard. The only way this changes is if MKG develops an outside shot, and the Rockets aren't interested in waiting a few years to see if he does.