1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sheridan] Dwight Howard Unhappy in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ron from the G, Dec 15, 2015.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Good luck finding someone like him that is willing to sacrifice and is just as good

2. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

That's part of the issue though. Howard's offense is that bad that I feel like his usage is a true reflection of that.

If we acquire Cousins or Horford I believe Harden/the team would have no issues giving them shots/post touches.

Both can shoot the three, mid range jumpers and can operate down low. Howard is only any good at catching a lob.

3. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

There really wasn't much of a team before Harden got here, so....

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Rockets offense is predicated on pnr, 3s, and Layups. They won't be dumping it down to anyone for the majority of the game. Cousins had turned into a perimeter big and horfard has always been. Neither of those guys will be getting any more touches than Dwight down there.

5. Red Glares

Red Glares Member

Howard is just a catch and dunk guy. Has no offensive moves for a Big Man. He's been like this his whole career. Need a real force down low.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Only people who have seen Dwight play this year would even think that

7. RESINator

RESINator Member

Wasn't he right about melo and lebron?

8. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Disagree 100%. You can still play Moreyball through the post (see Hakeem). Cousins is an exceptionally gifted passer for a big. He can be dominant inside, and if he starts getting doubled, guys will be open on the perimeter and he will find them.

So that still sticks to the threes and layups mentality. Cousins would absolutely get more touches than Dwight.

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

You're hearing the name Dwight Howard and thinking about Orlando Dwight. That guy is gone. Sure we catch a glimpse of him from time to time but for the most part he's gone. Dwight is nothing more than an average center now. He can't score on the block, his defense isn't too tier and more and he's becoming very lazy. Not to mention his athleticism is declining.

10. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

For Hassan Whiteside, that's not such a bad deal. But is Miami that stupid?

11. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I've seen Dwight play quite a bit and I would say he's just a catch and dunk guy. He was once a pick and roll, catch and dunk guy but now he's just a stand around catch and dunk guy. lol

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Why are you referencing Hakeem. That's not moreyball. Cousins preference isn't even to play down low with his back to the basket. Why do you think they moved him to the pf spot initially. So he can shoot more jumpers and preferably 3s that he supposedly added to his game. Cousins doesn't make anyone better. See Sacramento

13. alethios

alethios Member

paging cyberx?

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

A catch and dunk guy is deandre Jordan. Howard is not DJ

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

No I'm not thinking of Orlando Dwight. I realized he isn't that player a long time ago. What I do see is a player who has sacrificed for the betterment of the team without causing a big stir about it. Something you do if you really want to win a title. Yet you don't see the same from the other "star" on this team. Say what you want about Dwight but he has proven to bring it when it matters. I'll take that over these lazy unproven players any day

16. Raven

Raven Member

Considering that Dwight is declining (and can opt out and go anywhere) and that Whiteside is unrestricted and that Cousins is locked up, I'd rank their value in this order, 1. Cousins, 2. Whiteside, and 3. Dwight. Why trade Whiteside for Dwight if Cousins is available? I bet Kings would make the trade if Miami added their coveted rookie, but I don't see that happening. Not with Cousins' attitude. That leaves Whiteside for Dwight, both guys that neither of their teams expect to stick around. It makes sense.

17. rocketsmetalspd

Screw it do it now , why wait till February? Both teams need to make the move to stay in the hunt for the playoffs and try to get a HC for the first round.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Dwight's declining hard, but there's no way we're getting a better center than him in the next few years.

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Cousins and Whiteside are arguably better.

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

This season could be a total blessing if disguise if we can turn Dwight into Cousins. The early season struggles completely justify a shakeup. It would be much harder for Morey to defend such a trade if the team was rolling.