1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shenzhen has become the first city in China to ban eating cats and dogs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Apr 2, 2020.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

again you're missing the fact that its not just eating, kiling, its how. I don't think you'll find any pig, goat eaters that are going to roast them alive. Just stop at that and stop trying to create a false equivilency. If you want to kill animals, do so in the most humane way possible---which is the opposite of what china tries to do (inflicting more pain and suffering to make the meat more tender or fullfull some bullshit eastern medicine myth)

Astrodome, R0ckets03 and tinman like this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Again? If you’ve read my post in this thread you would see that I’m 100% not missing that fact.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t want to post more videos of dogs getting kidnapped or being killed alive on the street where kids are walking by to show the vegans the difference

If other people want to take it a step further why not stop eating plants?
    They are carbon based organisms too

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Reasons why you can't have a pig as a pet
    they get really big and if you can't exactly put them in your apartment

@R0ckets03
    Dogs and Cats > Other Animals as pets

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Just why torture and boil them alive. Why subject them to unimaginable suffering. Animals that stay by your side, trust you and would give their life before yours to protect you. I’ve seen just about everything gory etc from my profession and due to the internet, but i just can’t watch the animal abuse stuff.

Sajan, Yung-T, Roomba and 4 others like this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

Dogs are superior to pigs as friends of humans and as good pets

I know some people here think all carbon based entities are the same, we are not
    and our pets aren't either.

Yes you can get a pet pig, but in the other video, once they become 500 pounds and you can't afford to feed it, how's Snoopy looking now huh?

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So, I must have missed it, is there a law against eating dogs and cats in the US?

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not like it was really needed in our culture, but nevertheless...

Trump signed a bill banning it in 2018 ... a bill in the works for over a year.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_and_Cat_Meat_Trade_Prohibition_Act_of_2018

6 states had bans before that.

Not sure what years they enacted bans. Willing to bet California is one.

#148 heypartner, Apr 10, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

Some people here think eating chickens and pigs are the same as cats and dogs
    And they also think chickens and pigs are on the same level as pets
    I posted a video where some dumb owner thought a pig was just like a regular pet until it got to 500 pounds and they couldn’t afford to feed it any more
    Someone else thought New York City has wet markets on the same level as Wuhan

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Wheres the outcry for this...? If I was dead ass hungry or broke and had to eat a dog, I would. Wouldnt like it, but I would. But never in any of my days, would I ever be able to do something as low as this. **** that ****.

The plight of the Spanish Galgos

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

12. malakas

malakas Member

It will not be difficult for China and the CCP if it put its mind into it to stop the wet markets and the consumption of wild game.

Education, Brainwashing ,Stigmatising, Punishment

Educate every young child in every village

Brainwash every person through television and radio

Stigmatise everyone who is "caught" eating wild game or going to the wet markets and shame them.

Brand every wetmarket as a danger to the "nation" and antisocial behaviour that is threatening the lives of their fellow people, to be punishable by 10 years in prison.

In 10-15 years there won't be any more wet markets.

But will it want to stop a commercial activity worth many billions?
    So far it didn't, let's hope now they have changed their mind.

Eating farm dogs and farm cats is nothing. This law alone will do nothing.

I don't have any issue with eating cat and dog meat from farms, butchered under humane conditions.
    It isn't different than killing cows pigs and goats.
    The kidnapping of pets though should become a punishable offence as well.

Roomba likes this.
  13. noize

noize Contributing Member

That Galgos story makes me want to cry. So barbaric and inhuman. How can we be so cruel as human being?

deb4rockets likes this.
  14. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

So my biggest issue with the consumption of dogs in China, and why I'm so vehemently against it is that 1. They are not killed humanely 2. They are not farmed humanely, and in fact are often kidnapped animals, who somebody loves and treats as their own family.

I'm fully aware of my own hypocrisy, because I'm not vegan and I have no plans to ever be. However, at the very least I assume that in America we have the proper infrastructure to farm the animals we eat and have the proper education to know that what makes meat taste the best is letting the animals live stress-free, not torture them for a "firmer flavor" or whatever the f*ck the excuse is.

I'm pretty sure that Tinman, or me, or whoever has spoken out about this would be far less critical on dog meat if dog meat was processed how beef is in America, but the issue is that it's not. And now with the ban in Shenzhen widely celebrated within China it seems like it'll never be. Which is fine by me.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Saw this and it reminded me of this convo. Spitting image of what my dog does when I got a plate of food lol

Yung-T likes this.
  16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

What kind of idiotic logic is this, they are worth less and worse "friends of humans" because they are more difficult to care for?

None of that has anything to do with whether we should put them below other pets and only cry in outrage when dogs or cats are being eaten. Pigs and cows are as intelligent and bonding with humans, putting one above the other is pure ignorance and cultural brainwashing.

Not even gonna begin with your dumbass ham sandwich and delicious bacon posts, way to ruin the message of your thread.

jacoby likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I recently learned China is the largest pig grower now. Pigs are expensive to raise and will prefer to eat cooked food over raw likely because their intestines are more similar to ours than a dog.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Saw this today, such a cutie:

Exiled likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There's something about herbivores that don't have that same spark to me

20. tinman

Supporting Member

this reminds me of this story about the cute pet pig that got to be 450 pounds and the owner couldn’t afford to feed it anymore