1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SheMac - How can they stand her?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Jan 20, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Whatever dude, your little hero has been attacked and it bugs you. Wah wah wah.

Ignore the truth.......it will make you happier.

I thought it was colorful.

DD

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The title of this thread should be changed to:

"Oh god, not another T-mac thread!"

3. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Tic, tock. tic, tock.

Leebigez? any response? Or are you too rich to do so? :D :D :D

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm not rich, but I'm more than cool. Maybe I didn't word it right or came off high siding, my bad. What I really want to say is because a certain player isn't taking advantage of what you may think of as a dream job, don't bring your personal career into it. What I've been consistent with is they're human, that's it. We don't even know if tracy loves basketball. He may play basketball because he's good at it and it pays a lot, but that doesn't mean he loves it. There are millions of people that have jobs they're really good at, make a lot of money, but don't like it. Its a job or entertainment, that's it. Its like going to see a Dinero,Denzel, Snipes,Pacino or any other big time actor in a movie and it wasn't as good as you thought it should be. Then you look up and they made 20 m for the movie, and its like wow! That's sports for me in my world. When the team wins, its like going to see Remember the Titans or Heat, but when they lose its like The Mighty Quinn or Johnny Pnuemonic.

5. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

It's not haterade to point out that you're a blowhard that gives opinions on all sides so that you can always "be right".

Then, when you get called to task, you shrink like a young violet. You won't even put other's money where your mouth is. That must mean a lot of BS comes out of there...

6. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

It's funny how we see totally eye to eye on this. My memory sucks Dada, but I seem to recall that back in the Steve/Cuttino days, I disagreed vehemently with you about those two. One of the rare occasions that I started a thread was about Cuttino not passing if his life depended on it.

(or was my pissingmatch with Hay partner, who doesn't seem to post much anymore)

7. bbjai

bbjai Member

I really don't get the point of this thread to be honest. Was it necessary when its quite obvious he needs to shape up and put his money where his mouth is.

I didn't see this thread three playoff seasons straight when no one but T-mac and Yao brought it in the playoffs on a regular basis. About other players either other then T-mac and Yao.

Its amazing how people can jump on three months worth of mental mindgames/weakness and erase all thats happened in the past. IF T-mac was really a wuss we should have just called game on the playoffs last year and let him have his surgury before the playoffs.

I just don't get, do you all get kicks hating Rockets players? The dude is in shape, he looks good and his working his ass off (from Morey) and meeting his targets. You really need to calm the f down.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I want the women on this board to speak up. :D

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

LOL - I don't claim to always be right, and I am consistent in my discussions.

The only BS I see is coming from you who is afraid to face the fact that your hero failed to rehab properly and whined so much that the organization told him to go home for the good of the team.

Then he saw the team moving on, a young players stepping up in his place....and his Tmacness in question...and suddenly he goes back to work....and LO AND BEHOLD...his knee is fine.

Huh...really? You don't say?

LOL - it must be fun for you to live in denial land.....

DD

10. SmoothOperator

Yeah I'm sure McGrady is terrified of Von Wafer taking his minutes... :rolleyes:

Dude looks like he's about to hit the rookie wall given his 10% second half shooting percentage lately. I'm sure McGrady so scared....

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Listen dude, I listen to Sade too.

But all these frustrating years of very high expectations and very bad results has gotten to many of the longtime fans. the new fans think its all fine and dandy cause we have these big name players. gone are the days of the family atmosphere of the Rockets where can see Rudy T and his family go watch a movie and you can tell him "great game coach!" and he'll smile at you and thank you.

if a long time fan wants to vent, its his right, he's invested alot of time supporting the team and he wants his team to win and feel like his hard earned paycheck was worth using for a ticket to the game or to get that extra sports package.

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I get that, and can respect it, but the problem I have is that he could have done all this in the offseason, and the fact that the team is fighting for home court when it could have been in great postion fighting for the number one seed is my main issue.

I think, that Tmac looked at the situation, and saw we had Ron Artest and relaxed, figured he would play his way into shape, and when that didn't happen, he whined and pissed off his teamates.

Now, that he is putting the work in....IN FRICKEN JANUARY....he is all of the sudden feeling good about himself.

Well, super...glad to hear it.......why didn't he do that in September?

DD

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The fact that this thread is rated 3 stars shows how this board stands on this issue.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great post-5 stars

15. coolthunderz

coolthunderz Member

you spelled Tmac wrong

16. SmoothOperator

I can understand the frustration, but we weren't doing any better during the post Hakeem days even with Rudy T. I love Rudy T. Great guy fell a little but came back.

That's all the more reason to be thankful about T-mac. He's not getting into trouble. He's not raping girls (allegedly). Yet, some of you would trade him in 0.5 secs for Kobe. You don't buy a $90K ring if you didn't do anything right?

Let's team up and bag on the hated teams of the NBA like the Jazz and the Mavericks. Why do we have to hate on our own?

17. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Watching this type bickering back and forth is like watching video game fanboys arguing over ps3 vs Xbox360 supremacy.

18. coolthunderz

coolthunderz Member

If you hate him for that, then that is a dumbass reason. We are still in pretty good shape and if he can get back to form. We have something special going into this year. If he didnt pull this crap, we wouldnt have discover Von Wafer. Things happen for a reason and it might have work out for the best. Cause lets face it, I count it as a win if we are no longer playing luther head anymore

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Heck of a point...5 star point right there......well done sir.

DD

20. rockets_fanatic

If you want to have a mature discussion about the Tracy McGrady and all the vents surronding his return, you need to grow up. I am sick of punks like you, who cannot have a proper discussion without getting personal and insulting people. So I am not going to respond to you, because you are an idiot.

I know we need Tracy McGrady in shape for us to iwn a Championship. I also know, I have been saying since the end of November, that McGrady, should have been sent home to rehab properly. However, idiots like the guy above wanted him to play.