1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaving

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Vengeance, May 14, 2001.

Tags:
  1. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Have any of you guys ever had a hot towel shave at a barber shop?

Luxury, pure luxury. Kind of like getting a facial, only cheaper. I like to get one every once in a while, because I have a goatee. Since I'm half asleep when I'm shaving in the morning, I sometimes do an inadvertent chop-job on my goatee. When I get a hot towel shave, they make it all straight & decent looking again.

If you live in Houston, try the Bellaire Original Barber shop in the shopping center at Bissonnet & Chimney Rock. They do a great hot towel shave.

------------------
    "Blues is a Healer"
    --John Lee Hooker

2. beauford

beauford Member

Since I'm usually pressed for time.. an electric razor works for me. I use the Braun and found it to be pretty good. I get done in maybe a minute or two.. those pesky hairs where your chin meets your neck...

------------------

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I use the Mach 3 and Edge gel. I only shave on Sunday and on Wednesday or Thursday again. If I shaved any more, I'd be missing parts of my face. Yeah I get stubbly in between those shavings, but it's a small price to pay for the safety of one's face. [​IMG]

I have a Braun electric shaver and I hate it.

------------------
    NBA Draft Lottery is May 20th. Start praying now.

4. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

I use a Remmington Micro Screen 3 and it is great. I had a Norelco which killed my skin, but the Rmmington is great. A really close shave.

I think it all depends on how thick your facial hair is. Mine is thin so I can use an electric.

------------------
    - Beck

Dream...bring back the goggles

[This message has been edited by Beck (edited May 15, 2001).]

5. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I've got that Norelco Advantage thing. I've had it for at least a couple of years and haven't had to refill the lotion (I think a refill comes with it). I wouldn't worry about the lotion cost. Granted, I couldn't have a beard if I wanted to, but it works fine for me.

------------------
    I'm listening to 80's rock. What the **** are YOU doing?