1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaving

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Vengeance, May 14, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I hate shaving. More than almost anything else . . . my face hurts for a day after I shave. I use a Mach 3. Often, I don't shave for a week or so (you can't tell for the first 4 days). Finally, I've decided to say "SCREW THIS" and go with an electric razor. I had <a href="http://www.epinions.com/well-Personal-Electric_Razors-All-Panasonic_Sonic_1_Head_ES365H">one at one point</a>, but it was really crappy. I recently tried my friend's Norelco, and I liked it, but I'm not too certain as to what I want. All I know is that I'm tired of shaving with blades.

Anyone have any suggestions? I realize I won't have as close of a shave, but I don't care.

I'm looking at:

<a href="http://www.epinions.com/well-Personal-Electric_Razors-All-Norelco_Advantage_5615X">The lotion-dispensing Norelco Advantage</a>. It seems okay, but the lotion is expensive.

What about the razor design? Do you like the 3 rotating blades, or the long blade thing better?

<a href="http://www.panasonic.com/pppc/model.asp?CatId=342&ModelId=9953">This one looks cool</a>. It's from Panasonic, and is the fastest razon in the world. I'd love to try it out.

Anyone know somewhere where I could try these things out before buying?

Thanks!

------------------
    "Up and down, inside out, outside in, some you lose some you win"
    -- DMB -&gt; "Sweet Up and Down"

2. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Aw man! Try using this stuff called, "The Ultimate Shaving Solution" (or something thereof).Its this herbal shaving liquid, they sell at Whole Foods. I'm very weary of anything herbal. Whatever it is I've found herbal, its a weaker version of what you really want(cleaners, shampoos etc...). Three drops in your palm, rub it into your wet face and thats it! This stuff ROCKS! I used to have a really bad problem with those red sploches after I shaved big time. It really didn't matter what kinda razor I used, till I found this stuff. It smells kind of mentholish but not overbearing. A small bottle will run you about ten bucks but a little goes a long way depending how often you shave. One bottle lasted me for over a year.

------------------
    "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever."

3. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I hate shaving too. Tough beard--wimpy face.

I learned to shave in the shower (without a mirror), and it's saved me from considerable agony. I also use a Mach 3. The problem with good razors is the same problem with TV's. Once you move up to a big screen--or a better blade--you can't go back down.

I'm definitely going to check out that ultimate shaving solution though.

------------------
    stop posting my damn signature

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Best shaving tip ever: Wash your face clean with water right after you shave. I used to just wipe off with a towel when I finished, but that little water scrub makes all the difference in the world. [​IMG]

------------------
    My dream job is to be a Houston Rockets towel boy.

5. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I absolutely love my Quadra action Norelco. Also never use a Remmington or Braun unless you want all layers of skin removed.

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams and Lisa Malosky fan club.

atheistalliance.org

6. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Never Shave Angry.

I'm serious, you're tempting fate if you do.

------------------
    Charles Barkely on the Raptors defeating the Knicks in Round 1 :"I think it was the Lord. The Lord was with the Raptors. You know the Knicks like to talk so much about religion, but I think the Lord was a Raptor fan."

7. jamma34

jamma34 Member

grow your beard.

------------------
    president of the sleepy floyd to hall of fame club.

http://www.it-is-truth.org

http://members.fortunecity.com/omar369

8. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I too use the Mach 3. I have to shave daily, or I'll look like Homer Simpson by quitting time. I bought one of those mirrors that attaches to your shower water line to keep it from fogging up, and I shave in the shower. I never use any shave cream, just soap and water.

And I hate having to do it. I had a beard for a couple of years, but I am not allowed to have one on my current job. Bummer. I thought it looked pretty cool, and so did my wife.

------------------
    I always thought "With my talent, it's only a matter of time before I'm discovered". Now I think "With my talent, it's only a matter of time before I'm found out".

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Shave in the shower, get one of those mirrors that hang from the shower head, and then use a nice sensitive skin lotion/lather.

The steam and cream will get rid of your soreness after shaving.

DaDakota

------------------
    If you like RTS games, check out this one.

www.frontierwars.com

coming soon to a PC near you.

10. Vengeance

Currently I do the shower thing, but I don't use a mirror -- I just feel my face to see what's shaven and what isn't. But I don't like it . . . maybe it's just because I hate shaving in general.

Maybe I could wax [​IMG] hahaha

------------------

11. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Don't buy any of that Panasonic "world's fastest razor" BS. That stuff doesn't work it just takes a bit off the top and leaves uneven patches of hair.

------------------
    ------------------
    Hakeem: "Exit Suugar Lan"

12. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I feel your pain Vengeance. I'm 25 and I HATE shaving. I only have to shave every 2-3 days. I use a Mach 3 with Noxema Sensitive Skin shaving cream.

I will never change shaving creams:
    -After I shave, I wait for a few minutes and brush my teeth, fix my hair, whatever. The I rub a small amount of the shaving cream into my skin. Thats it. No more razor burn.

------------------
    "I have no regrets except that I wasn't up to keep Randy from getting on that plane."
    --Ozzy Osbourne on guitarist Randy Rhodes

13. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

The Nivea After Shave Balm is also a great companion. Although "No one can tell what a balm's gonna do. They're unpredictable". [​IMG]

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams and Lisa Malosky fan club.

atheistalliance.org

[This message has been edited by DEANBCURTIS (edited May 15, 2001).]

14. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Double Post

[This message has been edited by Smokey (edited May 15, 2001).]

15. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I often leave my Mach 3 at home so I have to use disposable razors at school.

Now that's pain [​IMG]

------------------

16. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

You guys make me feel old. I use the same razor (not the same blade, obviously, ha ha ha) that Gillette sent me when I was 18. I'm the old-fashioned type: shave after shower, Colgate shaving cream, Old Spice after-shave. And weirdly enough, I like shaving (good thing since I end up doing it five times a week).

Two tips, one of which fadeaway hit on: one, rinse with warm water, then with cold water. Just splash some on.

Two, and I read this in a men's magazine so I took it to heart, make sure to really rub the shaving cream on well before shaving. That's what makes the stubble stand up so it can be cut more easily. I mean you're talking about a microscopic improvement in how much the stubble stands up, BUT it makes a noticeable difference in terms of how the shave feels.

17. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Wow what good timing on this thread.
    I just tried a Mach3 for the first time this morning. It works great. I also shave in the shower using no mirror. I use the feel your face method to see where I missed. Occasionally I use shaving cream if I want an ultra smooth shave but that usually leaves my neck scraped up.

CK

------------------
    CC.Net Sim Homepage
    For stats, standings and team information.

18. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I'm jealous of you guys who only have to shave every 3 or 4 days! My 5 o'clock shadow starts coming in around 10 in the morning.

Ditto to those who suggested the Mach 3. Its a fine razor.

------------------
    We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I hate shaving more than anything in this world. Well maybe not, but I really really hate it.

I always shave right before taking a shower, I imagine it has nearly the same effect as shaving in the shower.

------------------
    www.swirve.com
    "Pre-born, you're fine, pre-school, you're f*****."-George Carlin

20. Vengeance

"Who told you to put the balm on? Did I tell you to put the balm on?

So a maestro tells you to put a balm on and you do it? Do you know what a balm is?"

------------------