1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sharing food at restaurants

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by bigtexxx, Jul 9, 2012.

1. ling ling

ling ling Member

I'm ok w/ sharing as long as everyone cleans off their chopsticks before picking from the community plate.

Lick that chopstick clean before you pick please. ;)

well... I'm ok sharing w/ family, but outside of the family, not so much.

2. rimbaud

rimbaud Member
    Supporting Member

Haha. Stupid white people.

1 person likes this.
  3. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

sharing is the only way to live

some people will never learn

4. joesr

joesr Member

I will stab someone with my fork if they reach over and try to take my steak!

5. HombreDeHierro

sharing is caring...

share the love, food...

share it all man

6. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

:confused: :confused: How did you get that idea? You never ask people for food off their plates unless it's obvious that they don't want it.

Ok, I'd definitely admit some Chinese places can be pretty low, but Japanese? Some Japanese high end restaurant beat French, Italian, whatever hands down (been to those beore too). Come on!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. LCII

LCII Member

typical ignorant american, dont know about other cultures food habits.

but i will admit it is weird to ask to share in a 'white' restaurant. most of the food u order there is designed to be eaten solo, not shared.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Member

no, no -- i like Japanese food. Especially sushi

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Like others here, I am OUTRAGED AND OFFENDED that bigtexxx chooses not to share his food in restaurants.

1 person likes this.
  10. van chief

van chief Member

just eat alone...........all alone.................forever

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

My friend and I have been to a Turkish friend of ours for dinner. He had upside-down cone-like rice with all sorts of things in it on the center of the table. We (like 4 of us) all just reached and ate from that huge plate. It took me and my friend a while to realize what's going on, but the food was dee-lisssh.

Also who the hell shares a bowl of soup??? that's just gross.

12. Depressio

Depressio Member

Yeah, I don't like food sharing either.

Primarily it's because I'm picky and certain things upset my stomach. If I order something, it's because it's one of the few things on the menu I'll like... and I'd rather not divide it among others and have to eat their choices (which I don't like) to substitute.

I'd never say anything along these lines in a public setting, either, because it seems rude and/or self-centered. Mostly this would come up with a work celebration at a restaurant or something (side note: I hate Maggiano's) where I feel like since I'm not paying, I should just go with whatever. With family or people I'm close with, I'd have no problem saying "y'all do that, I'm just going to order my own thing."