1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Share your worst "I thought I was on mute" story

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by droxford, Oct 26, 2020.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

One time, I was interviewing a candidate via Zoom and realized that my cup was on another table so I just stood up and walked to the other desk to retrieve it. The entire time I was in camera view.

I didn't realize that I was just wearing boxers @J.R.

TWS1986 likes this.
  2. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

My.
    Man.

3. Buck Turgidson

I've never Zoomed in my life, but back in the day you should have seen the West U moms put hand-earmuffs on their precious kids when I blew out my knee at the neighborhood basketball court. I cleared the adjoining playground out...screamed profanities that those sheltered women and children had never heard before or since.

4. droxford

droxford Member

"Mommy? What's a motherf***er?"

King1, boomboom and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I just got off of a virtual 'town hall' with around 400 people. In the middle of it, someone yelled "Eff it, I'm just gonna start the dishes now!" followed by an awkward silence.

Invisible Fan and jiggyfly like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

RustyHarden and Buck Turgidson like this.
  7. adoo

adoo Member

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why is that pic so ****in funny.

And how the **** did you find it.

God I love this place.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Different but similar.

When I was 14, I was Skyping with this butterface from my school, we talked from time to time as friends, she was very weird, but a nice person. She randomly Skyped me, both of our cameras are on, she ask he if I like her outfit, and then she starts undressing... she starts saying her parents are out of town for a week. Her body was ridiculous for a 14 year old, legit p*rn star body (I was 14 too no Chris Hansen plz).

Me, of course, being a complete ****ing dope, grabs my phone, turns the volume all the way down to what I think is muting everything, and try’s to snap off some pictures of my screen as my camera is high enough for me to do so, wonderful plump t*** on my screen and then CLICK SNAP CLICK SNAP, and I’m like oh fuccccck tell me she didn’t hear that

She stops, and ask if I just took pictures, I couldn’t lie, it was so godamn obvious with the old IPhone picture sound, so I told her yeah sorry I was taking some pictures with my phone I hope you don’t mind, she immediately gets dressed and after a couple minutes ends the call. My friend later tells me she hit him up, did the same thing, invited him over and gave him some head.

ThatBoyNick dun ****ed up fellas. The volume going all the way down was just for media sounds or something and not sound effects, god damn you Steve Jobs

RustyHarden and Nook like this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I have an old school mute story.

Back in the day, probably 10-12 years ago now, I had musical ring tones on my phone. Well, one day I had a meeting first thing in the morning because we had offices in Europe. So I'm in bright and early at 7:00am for a conference call. I'm sitting on the call and I get a phone call on my cell. My ring tone blasts loud and proud... full on Ring the Alarm. I couldn't get the damn ringer to turn off for a good fifteen seconds. Forever on mute every call afterwards.

11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

i have butt dialed lots of people then said something about them.

i was on speaker and this guy was telling me his roommate didnt pay rent and hadnt for a long time. i was telling him that he would never see the money.. talking mad trash about the rooomate and the roommate was there listening and finally stormed out saying "thats not true!!"

i worked with a dude that used to put people on mute then talk about them. it was really funny actually. he would ask a question then hit hold and be like "cmon b*itch hurry up" and would have this running commentary.

i tried to do the same and this lady was calling and i said "this b**** is going to want everything and still be unhappy" of course she wasnt on mute and she was like "ahem hello?" i probably should have gotten in trouble or fired she wasnt expecting me to say that and i was wrong to say that. i dont take mute lightly now

TWS1986 likes this.