1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

share your pregnancy stories

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TWS1986, Oct 30, 2020.

1. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

In the spirit of 80 pregnancy threads, here's the 81st :). My wife and I are trying for a little one. She got off birth control in early September and I'm wondering what to expect in terms of ... when to expect? What kind of timeframe are we looking at?

There's a pair of issues that complicate it a little:

1)
    wife was on birth control for like 2+ years before getting off in early September of this year.
    2) I do testosterone therapy (found via a depression blood work panel) , which means that I have to take HCG (just call me Manny Ramirez, the baseball player, not our local resident Manny) and Clomid to keep generating the little guys in order to fight against the evil vagina's defenses. Apparently, this was something they didn't discuss with me when I first started low-T therapy. Would have been nice to know that those shots would hinder sperm production if not mixed with other drugs.

Anyway, that's it. I hear varying estimates, and some people say even a year or year and a half. That's a little discouraging, but at the same time if it takes that long I guess it takes that long short of IVF. We've only been trying since early September too. So not that long.

#1 TWS1986, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Deckard, desihooper, Exiled and 2 others like this.
  2. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

my pregnancy started years ago when i got front row to a rihanna concert and she winked at me.

4. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

upload_2020-10-30_8-47-29.jpeg

Jontro likes this.
  5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good luck! I don't have advice for your situation because I'm not too informed about it. I just know that getting there can be difficult. For that reason, I especially hate people who constantly bug couples with questions like, "why don't you have a baby?!?!" Shut the **** up, lady*; for all you know they have been trying for a while and have had problems, or maybe there was a miscarriage(s), and maybe one or both are feeling down about the situation or themselves. So... just shut ya damn mouth.

*It's always a lady...

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

We tried for awhile without luck and someone told me not to do it everyday but once every two days. She was pregnant soon after.

B-Bob, pmac, Ubiquitin and 3 others like this.
  7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Sounds like you don't have kids, so you've never been through it.

Just know that you'll have no idea what to expect. Women respond differently. The different trimesters can bring about bizarre outcomes. In my experience, first trimester my s.o. developed this bizarre sense of smell. Certain things would smell awful to her, and that included me. I could literally take a shower and scrub myself from head to toe, wipe my ass properly (unlike the majority of men - according to some random sexpert), and it didn't matter. It really pissed me off, and obviously caused some tension. Second trimester was super chill, less moody, smell thing went away, basically chill vibes. Third trimester she became obsessed with making sure our son would come on time. Wanted to avoid a C-section at all costs for selfish reasons. Wanted the D all the time because, without getting too graphic or scientific, it basically helps coerce labor. I'll just say it wasn't exactly my thing, the baby kinda gets in the way.

And depending on how your wife is, be prepared for helicopter mom status. They'll do weird things. My s.o. literally called the OBGYN office and demanded new U.S. bc the profile "didn't look like the ones she saw online." The OBGYN called her out on it, and she chilled out. She also had the nerve to ask the OBGYN if us arguing would "stress the baby." while I was at an appointment with her. The OBGYN looked at her straight in the face and said "No, but it can stress your relationship." LOLOLOL. I took that victory lap in silence.

It's not all bad though, like I said it just depends. Just try and be as supportive as you can, realize she will be unreasonable at times (I mean they are 75% of the time when they aren't pregnant), and pick your battles. Plus, it's all worth it when you see your little one for the first time.

Good Luck!

TWS1986 likes this.
  8. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Oh for sure, we don't have kids. The next kid we have will be our first :). Sounds like quite the adventure I've got to look forward to. I hope she won't be too moody, but one never knows lol. What's a "new U.S."?

STR8Thugg likes this.
  9. STR8Thugg

ultrasound

TWS1986 likes this.
  10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

My wife took Clomid for our first one. Her (my daughter) name is Chloe.

Honestly, the best way to get pregnant is to decide now is not a good time to get pregnant. The stars align after that.

#10 boomboom, Oct 30, 2020
    desihooper, Astrodome, Exiled and 2 others like this.
  11. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Ha, that's what I've heard man. Indeed.

boomboom and Ubiquitin like this.
  12. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

First time we tried took about 6 months, but she wasn't on birth control before that (pull out game is strong).

My wife didn't have crazy mood swings, no weird meal requests or anything like that. She would get cramps sometimes in the first trimester if she didn't eat. Other than that, she was pretty calm the entire time. Same with her other pregnancies (we have 3 now...2 boys, 1 girl...hope we're done).

boomboom and TWS1986 like this.
  13. STR8Thugg

I am trying to figure out if there is a joke I missed or if you just decided to volunteer this random information lol.

boomboom likes this.
  14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you trying or is your wife pregnant?

If trying:

Getting pregnant is harder than it seems. It can take up to 6 months to have a positive pregnancy if everything is working right.
    Miscarriages are incredibly common, and they're very depressing. My wife and everyone else I know who has kids has had miscarriages. Generally they're early and it's because the embryo would not have been viable. Some times they're late and its heartbreaking for everyone. But don't grieve alone.
    Don't have sex everyday, have sex every other day once your wife's period ends and take a break if her period stops.
    Don't masterbate because your goal is to have enough semen to make it to an egg.

Ovulation sticks work. Ultimately your goal is to get a viable sperm to a viable egg and have it combine and implant in the uterus. It does not matter how much viable sperm you have if her egg has not erupted from her ovary.

Prior birth control generally causes no delays assuming your wife's cycles are now normal.
    If your wife is older > 32 years old, it will be harder but not impossible. If after 6 months you have had no success I would consult an REI OB/Gyn for help.

Good luck and congrats on the ****ing.

If your wife is pregnant:
    Congratulations and my condolences. Get some rest.

#14 Ubiquitin, Oct 30, 2020
    desihooper and TWS1986 like this.
  15. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Thanks for the congrats on the ****ing my man, lol. No she's not pregnant, but we're trying :). Yeah, we're using the ovulation kit and accompanying sticks, so good to go there. Hmm every other day huh after her period ends? What's the rationale behind that one?

She's right on the cusp. She turned 32 in May.

16. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I updated my post. My wife took Clomid. Our daughter's name is Chloe. So in lies one of the jokes about her name...it's medicine-related. The other joke about Chloe is that my wife watched Days Of Our Lives...which featured a character named Chloe. :)

STR8Thugg likes this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Don’t know if I can raise another human being atm, so thank god for BC

TWS1986 likes this.
  18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

First kid was 6-7 months of trying, wife was on chlomid, it was very challenging and the secks got old, ovulation calendars on her end, and all that ****.

second kid happened on literally the first try.

They have been taking up all my time, sanity and money ever since but wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Good luck.

desihooper and TWS1986 like this.
  19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

when we stopped trying is when it happened for us.

My wife was on bed rest for 6 months for the first pregnancy. it nearly killed us all.

My kids are now 20 and 18. If I were 30 again right now there is no way I would bring kids into this world. I respect your desire to do so but man its a crazy world out there.

Best of luck

TWS1986 likes this.
  20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Best thing you'll ever do. Doesn't really make sense now but it will about a year after that little sucker gets pushed out and you realize what life is really about.

• My first was a dream. Took us six months of easy trying. Pregnancy was easy. He's an angel, still, almost 15. People comment on how amazingly sweet and smart he is. I learn lessons in kindness, calmness and love from him daily.

• Our second was rough. After seven years of trying we did IVF. Rough pregnancy, gestational diabetes kept my wife in bed for the last month. He was born pissed. He looks like his momma but he's me in the smart and crafty way. He's beautiful. Every picture I take I think, why am I not making money off this kid's modeling career.

• We didn't think we could have any more, so we weren't stopping anything and my wife ended up pregnant. Pretty easy pregnancy. Pull-my-finger childbirth. The largest of the three. He's a rascal and loves to **** with people, and my wife says he's my clone. At two he pushes around a recliner for fun like it's a tackle sled.
    No more for me, got a vasectomy. Easy **** except the needle in each nut. Funny when they want to give you privacy after staring at your junk for 20 minutes during the procedure.

If we do have another, I'm naming her Jesus.

#20 Xerobull, Oct 30, 2020
    TWS1986 likes this.