1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq says Howard coming to a "little town like Houston" a "safe move"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Gated section of rodeo palms in Pearland. He has been known to go to the bucees in Pearland.

2. Scarface281

Yeah if you include the Inland Empire and Venture, then the real LA area is over 18 million. The size of Florida. The Houston area is about 6.3M or so right now. I'd still separate Baltimore and DC. They aren't really the same and as close as the Bay Area, Twin Cities, or dfw.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

They're counted as one in CSA. So it doesn't matter whether they aren't as close as Oakland-SJ-SF or DFW.

4. #1fan

#1fan Member

Shaq is a bonnified idiot...that's right, I said it a bonnified idiot!

5. Scarface281

Yeah CSA. They can't even qualify as an msa because they are that far apart and dont share enough commuters (which is what CSA's measure). Those cities are more distinctly different than the other ones named.

6. Shaud

Shaud Member

I don't think Shaq is funny and don't care for his antics but the comments in this thread about him is hilarious.

Now you got folks saying he should be thanking Kobe for his rings. when in the past plenty of folks on this board have said that Shaq was the main reason Kobe has most of his rings.

Make up your mind.

7. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

I don't even see it as a diss toward the Rockets or the city, Shaq and Howard have had beef going back to Howard's days in Orlando, when people started saying he was BETTER then Shaq in his prime and earned Shaq's previous moniker of Superman. Howard going to LA, probably pissed Shaq off because it was just another way their careers were lined up, but with the move to Houston, he gets more ammunition by saying Howard wasn't able to handle the LA market.

The two videos below are just recent examples of the O'Neal-Howard beef.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/voT-n_oSRRo" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ak8zWr2H6KQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

I'd say they're the same area, they even share the same airport, one of them anyways. The suburbs in Maryland can go either way as to which has more influence. Wash and Balt. are like 45 minutes apart. I think that's technically closer than Clear Lake and Kingwood (both of which are actually a part of the City of Houston).

Now, they're distinct cities for sure but still basically the same area. It didn't used to be that way but times change, just like how Houston and Galveston (also distinct cities and areas) weren't always in the same metro area until recent decades.

9. stab

stab Member

Why are you upset with us? It was our job, being your opponent, to try and defeat you...
    You should still be upset with your boy Love, who essentially ran you outta town and made the lakers his team...

10. stab

stab Member

Kobe, not Love...damn auto correct....

11. parksn306

parksn306 Contributing Member

One of my favorite moments from the TNT show was when Barkley and the guys were praising Dwight and Shaq got mad and started saying something to Barkley. Then Barkley said something like "It's not my fault you can't keep your nickname after you retire!"

I actually like Shaq on the show. Can't really explain it, but think he adds something, makes it funnier. His hatred of Dwight is also kind of funny, he once said Brook Lopez was better than Dwight. If we do as well as I think we will, we will hear PLENTY from Shaq about Dwight. If we ever win a ring, Shaq's head will explode, and Barkley will have jokes. Can't wait to see it.

12. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Shaq thinks he owns a superhero nickname. I mean he even has it tatted on his shoulder.

Did someone really say that?

He did have it all though. The best perimeter player in his prime, ring chasers, Horry, Fisher, and Phil Jackson. He didn't win one with Penny against Hakeem.

I know he should be thanking Wade for one. He didn't do anything with LeBron in the East either. I would choose Duncan over him Shaq.

#172 BEAT LA, Jul 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  13. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

This is where HOHs come from, gives us insight into LOHs.

14. Illegal Machine

Really? I live like 2 exits north from Rodeo Palms. Cool.

15. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FPk_0nOIJEU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Raven

Raven Member

If Shaq doesn't drop some weight, his heart is going to explode before he's 50. I would think that would be a more important priority to him than continuing to take petty shots at people just to prop up his big fat ego.

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

ATH/Bomani Jones defending Houston after Shaq's comments

Hopefully this hasn't been posted yet

Bo Jones on Around The Horn used his time to talk up Houston after Shaq decided to insult the city while having his monthly Shaq insult at Dwight.

(Bomani claims Houston and is a big Houston rap fan even though he's been in Atlanta, Charlotte and Miami )

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Uo0vtgjSlJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also my apologies in advance, about 0:10 seconds in, my phone rings from a text and makes it difficult to hear some of what he says.

2 people like this.
  18. Illegal Machine

Bomani is from Houston.

19. Illegal Machine

And by "from" I mean, grew up here.

20. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Ha, love the swept comment. Good stuff.