1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq on Playing the Rockets in the NBA Finals

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, May 2, 2001.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

"Hakeem never said anything. He just took the pounding and came back at you. He'd go into a herky-jerky move. You'd be over here, he'd be over there, shooting a fade-away jumper. When he had that Dream Shake going, it was lights out, buddy."

:)

2. Wale

Wale Member

rockets r us, KD. If only you knew (about Nigeria that is) you wouldnt even say what you just did. esp. about Hakeem having a fridge and tv and all. Dont beleive what you see on tv dudes. Nigeria is an Oil Rich country....and 20 years ago everyone got a taste of the spoils. Hakeems Parents where in fact into the construction business , they were/are no means poor by any standards........his sibblings have also done well for them selves.....2 lawyers, a doctor and Taju (Hakeems younger brother) who I believe also tried Basketball to no avail....hes ok though.
    By the way I am Nigerian and know pretty intimately the story of the Olajuwons. Take care.....God bless. ;)

3. FranchiseBoi86

Does anyone remember that 1on1 game with Hakeem vs. Shaq? Who won that thing, i remember everyone was going crazy about it.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

He actually played Hakeem to a draw. If you check the scoring and rebs, they were about even. The diference what the role players and of course Drexler was ballin' out of control. That was a team, they shared the ball, and moved with the pivot. Offense was good, we had slashers and finishers and we actually had a 3 man in elie and clyde that could fill the lane. That team could beat you 110-109 or they could beat you 90 to 89. I wish we had half of that team

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I can't believe I started this crappy-ass thread. ;)

6. Nutcracker

Nutcracker Contributing Member

are you talking about the taco bell pay paer view one on one match? It never happened, one of the players from the undercard got injured and pulled out, so they pulled the whole thing.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Dream was injured so the thing was cancelled the day of. I was so pissed off because my buddy and I had ordered it on pay per view. I still have the Taco Bell cup. I remember that there were some badass undercard one-on-ones also...just can't think of the names. There were some geezers scheduled too.

If it was just an undercard, then the thing still would of happened; but it was the main event...and the Dream injury was legit.

Remember them ads in the Chronicle Sports about Shaq challenging Dream. No one knew what was going on. Then a couple of days later Dream responds. The whole promotion was awesome...probably the only successful Taco Bell promo of recent history...including up to the part where nothing happened.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew