1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq has started his typical war of words with his ex-team & ex-teammates

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by GreatOne1978, Sep 4, 2010.

1. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

http://tinyurl.com/2c7xqpe

"I like that they (Boston) play together and nobody really worries about shots, " O'Neal said. "When I was with Cleveland, guys who couldn't even play were worried about shots. Why was Mo (Williams) taking 15 shots, and I'm only taking four? If LeBron takes 20 shots, that's cool.

"So I said, let me get with a good team for the last two years. I don't mind people calling me a journeyman. I've been programmed to move around every three years."

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Well as long as he's not taking shots at Delonte. We all know the consequences to that.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Or every year, as he has done the past three (four if you include that he was only in Phoenix for a year and change).

I still respect him though. He went to a gritty veteran team rather than shack up with the Nazgul ringchasers in Miami.

1 person likes this.
  4. Shaud

Shaud Member

And yet the media lets him get away with it.

I guess because he has rings.

5. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

He's right though. Mo Williams jacking up shots was a big part of them failing.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Certain people earn the right to say what they want. Deal with it.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Why is it the media's job to 'punish' him, or something? The media feeds on this stuff.

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

C'mon, it's Shaq ......The Big Aristotle !

9. Steve_Francis_rules

I don't remember Miami showing any interest in him. He may have gone there if they were interested.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

I don't mean punish him. I mean when a guy like T.O. does something like this they make it a big story.

With Shaq they pretty much let it slide. I have always said that the beef between Shaq and Kobe was on both of them but it seems like the media tried to put it all on Kobe.

11. 757

757 Member

He wants to go to Boston because no one cares about shots? Trying to capitalize on the deference of others I see. I can understand his point about Mo Williams, but then he talks about his own number of FGA... :rolleyes:

12. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Mo Williams is a chucker. That's how he plays. He's like Antoine Walker in a less fat, less tall body.

And Shaq is a backstabbing teammate who has always thrown anyone under the bus for the sake of a good quote.

These be the facts.

13. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

So was Lebrons disappearance game 5 & the last few minutes of game 6. Funny how the so called leagues "best player" doesn't take majority blame when he quits :rolleyes:

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i believe theyd did show interest and he couldnt have gone there because he would have been chasing lebron, for the second time....shaq won't do something like that.

Are you refering to the quote? He's not talking about his FGA, he's quoting the other players

15. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

I dont see anything wrong with what he said.

16. 757

757 Member

"Why was Mo (Williams) taking 15 shots, and I'm only taking four?"

If I haven't grossly misunderstood something, he mentions taking only 4 shots as opposed to Mo's 15. Am I missing something here?

17. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I disagree.
    Per Marc Stein, Shaq did show interest but the Heat(Riley and Wade aren't that stupid).
    http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/18437/latest-buzz-rj-shaq-t-mac-more

I can't think of any of Shaq's old teams that would bring him back because he burns too many bridges upon leaving.

With Miami, he went on the usual verbal diss/blame train he does and then you factor in his insults over the years at Chris Bosh and there was no way Miami were bringing him in.
    Shaq i believe had two main options-Boston and Atlanta and the Hawks couldnt/wouldnt guarantee him a starting role(I think) while in Boston, even if he doesnt start he still has a better chance at winning it all.

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I like how shaq tells it like it is without worrying how other people are going to react. The man has balls. He reminds me of a younger cheke64

1 person likes this.
  19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Shaq is a big-mouthed jerk and is just as big a "ring-chaser" as anyone in Miami. If they had asked, he would have joined the Heat in a second, but they didn't want anything to do with him. He also "ring-chased" unsuccessfully last season in Cleveland.

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I don't mind it either - took a page from Barkley. It's tough to slam him when it's the truth. Media love it because it makes for good press.

He's doing attention w**** the right way, unlike the TO types.