1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq Files for Divorce

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BEXCELANT, Sep 4, 2007.

1. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Miami Heat center Shaquille O'Neal wants to divorce Shaunie, his wife of nearly five years. "The marriage between the parties is irretrievably broken," says his petition, filed Tuesday by attorney Ira Elegant.

The O'Neals have four children together - Shareef, 7, Amirah, 5, Shaqir, 4, and Me'Arah, 1. Shaq has a daughter, Taahirah, and Shaunie has a son, Myles, from previous relationships.

The family lives on Miami Beach's exclusive Star Island. They bought an $18.8 million estate in the summer of '04, at the time of his trade to the Heat. It is for sale - No. 32 is asking $32 million.

Shaq, 35, and Shaunie, 32, wed Dec. 26, 2002, in a lavish ceremony at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Shaq, then with the Lakers, gave Shaunie a ring with 17 carats of diamonds.

The two have a "Cohabitation/Prenuptial Agreement and Acknowledgment of Property Disclosure and Waiver of Further Disclosure," the petition says. A copy of their agreement "will be filed ... under seal" - if the court allows - and "contains extensive provisions providing for confidentiality and non-disclosure."

In the petition, O'Neal refers to the Star Island mansion as "the former marital home."

Shaunie, he says, has been "secretive about her assets ... particularly with respect to certain properties owned or titled in either her name alone or in other entities." He wants the court to order Shaunie to give a "correct accounting of all money, funds, stocks, bonds, and other securities (including bearer securities)" that she came into during the marriage.

He makes $20 million a year, with three years left on a five-year contract worth $100 million.

Shaunie should be "primary residential custodian" of their children - meaning they'd live with her - and he should get "liberal rights of visitation," he says.

Neither the O'Neals nor Elegant could be reached for comment. No word on who represents Shaunie. Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Roberto Pineiro has the case.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/s...vorce_0905.html

2. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Wow...if this was 2002 and one were to wager which marriage would last longer--Shaq/Shaunie or Kobe/Vanessa--I would have put good money on Shaq's.

4. abundance

abundance Member

I have no idea what bearer securities are. Here is the google answer.

She couldn't be happy with Shaq taking care of her for the rest of her life. She had to empty his bank accounts and hide it in other entities or non-traceable securities. Now she is going to have to come clean.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Told you Shaq about them Gold Diggers in Florida!

6. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

I was thinking the same thing. i can't believe those two are still married, especially when she popped out a rugrat. in california once you get somebody pregnant, be it a wife, girlfriend, or ho, the courts will give the mother of the child pretty any money she ask for.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'd pity the man who dates Shaq's ex wife and the momma of his 4 children....

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Listening to 97.9 this morning
    one would think someone already has that job
    ergo the Divorce

Besides. . . .She rich . . . some dude will sit there and ride on the Shaq Gravy Train

Rocket River
    they did all the hinting and allegations without actually saying so

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm surprisingly disappointed.

10. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am biased to the first mother of Shaq's child so I don't care and am not really surprised about this breaking up. Taahirah's mom went through a lot with Shaq and he wasn't that great to her with the Shaunie situation.

11. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

"so you take my money.....well i'm in need.......yea she's a triflin friend in deed ;)

12. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Finally, a single woman who can accomodate my massive man-sausage.

13. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

The working relationship getting sour, with the parting of ways from a previously good situation onto a newer one...
    Yep, how could you not implicate that Kobe's behind the scenes again wrecking things

For as many kids as Shaq has, I've never thought "father" or "dad" when I've seen him. Not saying he isnt a good one, just always picture him more as a fun loving single guy than husband with big family.

And when will women learn that the "Britney Approach" (having more kids to bring them "closer together" :rolleyes: ) doesnt work long term. If he's an ass, he'll just be an ass with more kids

15. windfern

windfern Member

Isn't that something,

Shaq out , Yao in ( on court and in marriage ). :D

16. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Guess we can add "the big alimony" to his long list of nicknames.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Doesn't she live in Sugarland?

18. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

After Shaq hit it, how could you hit it?

19. famicom

famicom Member

Why? Would it be like throwing a hot dog down the hallway....ziiiiing!

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yao is smart. Marry the girl who loved you BEFORE you got rich.