1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq broke my Yao!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shot caller, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Shot caller

Shot caller Member

Since the Lakers game our Yao doesn't work right any more. Can we sue Shaq or something? I want my Yao fixed!

BTW, something is wrong with my Cat as well.

In all seriousness, I feel for Yao. He is too proud to admit how tired he is. He really pushed himself in the Laker game and I don't think he has ever recovered.
    He also looks beat-up.
    He has scratches and bruisies you can see on TV.

He is tough. I he will march out every night and play as much as Rudy asks him. He hope he can slowly play through it. I am a little worried about his health though.

2. tie22fighter

tie22fighter Contributing Member

Actually, his funk started two weeks ago. If Shaq met Yao 3 weeks ago, Yao would have schooled the big Shaq (at least for the first three quarters). Yao missed all kinds of easy shots in the LA game.

By the way, I am not quite sure you want Yao to play thru. it. The best way to get career ending injury is do things ones body are not designed to do.

3. silvercatt

silvercatt Contributing Member

In all seriousness, I feel for Yao. He is too proud to admit how tired he is. He really pushed himself in the Laker game and I don't think he has ever recovered.
    He also looks beat-up.
    He has scratches and bruisies you can see on TV.

Watching the detroit game when they shot a close up of Yao's face. It appears Yao has another scratch on the upper right side of his nose. It's amazing how Shaq get all the calls when he virtually ram into his defenders even when they already established a defensive position. Yao on the other hand get no calls when he get scratched, grabbed, pushed, held and elbowed down low. I hope the refs treat him better next year.

4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Yao is so exhausted right now; it makes me wish Rudy would just sit him for a week. For a whole week, just tell him to go home and sleep. He needs it. That would be better for everyone in the long run.

5. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I think giving him a couple of games off might help out in the long run.

No Games
    No Commercials
    Some Practice
    Mostly Rest

He's been play for like 2 years straight if I'm not mistaken. It will definately help. Maybe they can fake an injury. ;)

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

You're joking, right? Yao has been telling anyone with a microphone or a tape recorder how tired he is, starting over a month ago. He's also mentioned repeatedly how he can't wait to get home. Like it or not, the kid is severly homesick and fatigued half-way through the season.

7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Try a gynecologist.

Sorry couldn't help it.