1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SHANNON SHARPE] on Green “Houston’s got something here”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jalen Green OnlyFan, Aug 11, 2021.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I remember seeing a report of him playing at a pro am type deal that said he looked like he'd got taller. These are young dudes, it wouldn't be unheard of. Imagine if Porter comes back as a 6'7/8 PG this season? Crazy.

3. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Say what you want about hot take shows I’m a huge skip bayless fan. Spot on

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You're smart.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing wrong
    As long as you know it’s just entertainment
    And it’s well produced for shock value and ratings
    It’s not like you would sports bet on their takes

6. liveguy

liveguy Member

KPJ musta had that summertime growth spurt.

7. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I dunno man, I saw KPJ after the game yesterday and even took a picture with him and he's a lot shorter than I thought he would be. I wouldn't think he's actually more than 6'3 or so.

8. liveguy

liveguy Member

if that’s the case, he either had on some Timberland boots, or Jalen Green is actually only 6’2”

9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Might be posture too, Jalen does seem to kinda slouch a bit at times. I feel like if he straightens up he'd be a lot taller then he looks in that video. I'm 6'0 and in my picture with KPJ I was about nose level with him so I'm not too sure he's actually 6'4. Granted I was wearing 1's and he was wearing Gucci slides so there's that.

10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Skip I like because I love to hate him and I think Shannon’s funny I like the way he talks. I just look at them as entertainment. Where as Stephen A and max I just find annoying and not entertaining especially max.

durvasa likes this.
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

They make me feel like I am losing IQ points by the second. It's just so cringe.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hmm, this Jalen Green guy is surprisingly good. Who would have thought I could be impressed by a number 2 pick???

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

i think green is plenty athletic but the Tmac comp is weird.

Tmac is almost 6’10 and was a legit ball handler playmaker.

green at 19 is A better shooter than Tmac ever was and they prob have similar verticals and all that first step stuff.

but they don’t play the same way at all.

14. bmelo

bmelo Member

Told you we gonna be new baby faces of the league. Everybody loves Jalen because he is 10/10 marketable, says all the right things, good looking, crazy athletic, his game is great to watch, guard play shooting threes.... this ****ing creep Silver gonna push him to the top of the league for sure

Rileydog and HardenVolumeOne like this.
  15. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i think he's just talking about their athletism and first and second steps.... i doubt green will ever have the handles of TMAC, but he looks like he may be a better shooter. like he might be reggie miller good.

16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Lol it’s early in his career but there’s not nothin that Green does better than Orlando TMac besides maybe shoot free throws. He might have more consistent range than TMac but they play in difference era’s. TMac handles are far superior.

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Wheel of Fortune has Jalen Green,. Rockets.

Talk about popularity. Hopefully Adam Silver promotes Jalen Green more than Cade Cunningham.

18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Extremely Disagree

Jalen Green dribbling is far superior at 19 than Tracy McGrady was. Tracy was a shot blocker on the Raptors. Was a sidekick to Vince Carter. Tracy didn't know if he lead the Magic when Grant Hill got injured.

Jalen Green has a stepback, a sidestep 3
    Something McGrady never had at 19 years old.

Jalen Green is More of hard worker than Tracy McGrady. Better Leader in getting teammates involved, he doesn't mind when teammates go off.

It shows that Jalen Green is physically more bigger and stronger than Tracy McGrady.

Ron Artest said that Tracy McGrady never lifted weights. Kobe Bryant always lifted weights from 3 AM to 5 AM

19. HardenVolumeOne

green is also is part asian too, which im sure makes him even more appealing to adam silver. the only issue i see is that he is with adidas. The NBA dont really promote adidas athletes too heavy

bmelo likes this.
  20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Adidas struck Gold.

Remember Kobe Bryant and those Adidas Commercials