1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shane on Jim Rome 1:15 CT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Gascon

Gascon Member

*grabs popcorn*

2. mi0304

mi0304 Member

Shane is the man. He deserves to be the captain of this team.

3. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

This is getting silly, probably due to desperation on your part. First, Shaq in his prime showed up on both ends of the court, Battier doesn't. Second, wow, I hate to point out the obvious, but I think your emotions have gotten the best of you. Nobody expects Battier to be a strong scorer and fg% is not about being a strong scorer, it's about how efficient you are with the shots you get.

Here are my questions for you:

What do you think about Battier's horrendous fg%?

How is Battier a proven winner at the professional level?

How many playoff games did his Memphis Grizzlies win?

Why hasn't he improved his game since he's been in the league?

Why have Kobe's numbers increased against the Rockets since Battier arrived here?

How is it that he had almost as many fts and ft attempts his rookie year as he's had in 3+ seasons with the Rockets?

Now the issues raised in my questions are based on facts. Of course people like you will label even questions as "hate," but that's just a propaganda tactic to take attention away from the issue at hand. I would like Pizza_Da_Hut and Pizza_Da_Hut only to address all the questions I raised.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Kwame, seriously, it would be easier for you to make a thread titled "questions about shane battier" and just list them and that way you'll have everyone's answers instead of asking the same set of questions to everyone who replies to you more than once. It's very repetitive, regardless of what player it involves.

1 person likes this.
  5. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Why in the world would Jim Rome ask Battier about his poor shooting this year. Battier is a career 45 percent shooter who is in a slump 8 games into a season and you think a national tv host is going to ask about that? You simply wanted to throw a jab at Battier for no reason and thats what makes you a hater.

You are right stats point things out. So give Shane his props for working his ass off to be shooting a career high from the FT line this year. And also to be committing a career low in turnovers so far this year. He is also committing a career low fouls per game. Yes I know its stupid to point these stats out, but so is b****ing about someones horrendous shooting 8 games into a season.

1 person likes this.
  6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I can't believe you peeps getting in a tizzy about the same prerecorded regurgitated crap that Kwame likes to cut and paste into new Battier threads. I find myself laughing at times at his dogged determination to get someone to hear him out.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Kwame's got a point. All he's doing is "asking questions". Why isn't anyone else asking these questions? Maybe because they, along with the "mainstream media", don't WANT you to start asking these questions. You see, there's really something deeper going on here, and we as fans have a RIGHT to know!

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

And he's got a right to ask, all i suggested was it would be easer for him to make his own thread, that way he could get several responses, which is what he wants, right? It's much better to have them all in one place than spread out over several threads going back years. The problem isn't what he's asking, but that posters have replied before and he just moves on to the next poster and asks again. The answers to those questions aren't that difficult to answer yourself to begin with, he just wants others to say it. The answers won't vary much, so he's not going to get any further by asking someone new every month. One thread would solve that. Technically it has, since there's been shane threads in the past where those questions were brought already.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

okay that was brilliant. imaginary rep points for you.

thanks for the recap, I missed Rome today...

10. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

Shane was on jim rome?....was he there by himself, or did his offense show up too?....

11. hodgo

hodgo Contributing Member

TBH i fail to see why people continue to rag on players on our team regardless of who they are. Ill throw it out there im not a Mcgrady lover yet i hope this year he comes back fully fit and helps this rocket team tear it up.... you know why..... cause he plays for the rockets. I agree shane isnt an ultra maginifcant shooter but you know what 8 games in we have a +.500 record with a team full of workers who all look to him to set the tone. Ariza has attempted to many shots a game has tried to take over in situations he shouldnt but ya know what i like him because his a rocket. AB is having trouble closing out games, cook is a pleb, JT isnt getting any playing time but i like them all because they are gutsing it out for the team i support.

So i guess what im saying is its easy to be critical from the stands these boys are busting their butts and a few shots arent falling or one misses an assignment they are still working as hard as they can and you cant say that about alot of teams so.....................

Go rockets and all who play for them

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

annoying.

13. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

Anyone who thinks that shane's fg% wont be back up around 40-42% by the end of the season is just plain crazy. He is just in a slump, and he will work his way out of it. And there is no way shane was talking crap about mcgrady. He knows damn well how good mcgrady is when healthy and how much better he can make this team. IMHO I think he just said the team doesnt pay attention to anything outside of preparing for the next opponent...Stop the hating, start appreciating.

14. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

The guy does disappear in 4th quarters like houdini, but I agree...Kwame kinda took it over the top

15. Kwame

@Yao#1: I guess interviewers can't ask Shane any tough questions because he's such a nice guy.

@Pizza_Da_Hut: I had a hunch you would disappear and not rise up to the challenge. After all you were the guy who said that you didn't know if you would continue to be a Rockets' fan if Shane was no longer a part of this team. I see where your loyalties lie.

@RV6: You ask questions, make comments, and receive answers to your queries from me, but you are quick to dance around issues when I pose questions to you. You won't even give me any realistic trade proposals involving specific players vis-a-vis Battier. If people like you would answer those questions that I asked above and, as a result, admit that your blind Battier love has prevented you from seeing the truth, we could all move on. I don't think you have any room to tell anyone anything.

Also, for those that quickly dismiss Battier's poor offensive production and are quick to point to Battier's so-called leadership, locker room presence, intangibles etc..., guess what other Rockets was horrendous offensively, but constantly praised for his "leadership," "locker room presences," "ability to the run the offense" etc... Here's a hint: He's in NJ right now and the team has done much better without him.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

They didn't ask that question for the same reason they don't ask why Mario Williams hasn't thrown any touchdowns and why CC Sabathia hits so few homeruns...because it would be a r****ded question that would make it obvious they knew little about the sport.

17. Kwame

Larsv8, as far as delusional Battier fans go, I have a little more respect for you than the others. At least you offered up scenarios (although they weren't realistic) on what you'd like to see the Rockets acquire in return for Battier. RV6, for example, won't do that. In the other thread you called Rudy Gay overrated and overpaid, but you didn't or couldn't explain why you felt that way. If somebody says that Battier is a winner, is it not appropriate to ask what he's actually won (whether it be an individual or team honor) at the professional level? What about when Michael Lewis has a 7 or 8 pg article in the NY Times talking about how Battier guards Kobe so effectively, but the #s show that Bryant had done better against Houston since Battier arrived. Look at how a guy like Chuck Hayes has improved since he's been in the league, Battier hasn't. Why can't we question these things? I can go on and on, but I think you understand what I'm saying here. Your football and baseball analogies don't make any sense by the way.

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Sorry, Battier haters, Shane is not going anywhere. Morey and Adelman just happen to love him for all the things he is able to do which offset the things he cannot do.

That speaks a lot for his intangibles--defensive leader on the floor, locker room leader, first option defense for the opponents' best shooter, basketball genius the way he analyses defense.

Go read Chris Bullard's The Art of the Beautiful Game (if I remember correctly). Sports writers love him for being articulate and making a lot of sense when he tallks basketball.

Anyway, I'm new, this is my first post here. Rockets fan from the Philippines

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kwame,

It boggles me that you have the balls to question the great basketball minds. Anyone that has the slightest inkling of basketball intelligence can see how unbelievable and rare Shane Battier is. You point out stats, but If you were to look at an advanced stat book like DM uses, it would paint a different picture. Shane is one of the best ball players in the league.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You sound like Cartman on the most recent episode of South Park when he acts like Rush Limbaugh.