1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shane Battier appreciation thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Feb 24, 2011.

1. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Goodbye Shane Battier, he will be missed. Good luck in Memphis!

31 - Shane Battier - He is the epitome of a team player and leader. I will never forget the blood gushing from his head in the lakers series in 2009 after all those b%11572 calls!

2. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

Even with all of our appreciation, he was sent to Memphis. He could have been sent as part of a multi-player deal to get Perkins, Celts wanted him and he needed a chance to win a title.

3. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

eh . . . I kinda feel the same way. BUT Memphis is five games above 500 and has a good chance at the playoffs. Memphis is a decently cool city and closer to his alma mater. BUT it woulda been way better if Battier could play and Horryesque role on a contendor!

4. Macfly

Macfly Member

Farewell, Battier,

Most of Chinese fans will miss you.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

For a guy who never was a star Shane definitely became one of my favorite rockets. He always was humble and a true professional. One thing that I will always remember that JVG said about Shane was (paraphrasing here) "As hard as it is to find that all-star for your team its just as hard to find guys like Shane Battier"

I am upset he is leaving Houston, its good that he is going back to a place where he started his career (though its going to be weird seeing him in a different jersey now)

I really hope that the Rockets do try to sign him back in the offseason

I guess the biggest compliment I could give Shane is that I hold him in the same regard and esteem as I do the guys that were on the championship teams.

Godspeed Mr. Battier and all the best.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Thanks Shane!

What I will miss about Shane is the hard work he put on and off the court. He was a good guy on the court, and off of it.

What I will most miss is during time outs, when they have those sponsored crap on the video screen. You know which ones i'm talking about. Some of my favorite ones are from the same segment. I think it's the Pyramid show. The best ones are the one with Aaron Brooks, and Carl Landry. Dude was smooth with the descriptions, and always entertaining in them.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Miss the guy already.
    But good situation for you, Shane. Back to where you started off eh?

8. iohudave

iohudave Member

thank u Battier. love u forever.
    now one more team i need watch from now on.

9. H-TOWN

H-TOWN Contributing Member

One of my all time favorite Rockets because he led by example, and we never had to worry if he was going to play hard every game. I wish that he could have been traded to the Celtics or Heat so he could win a title. My family had the opportunity to meet Shane a few years ago as he is a spokeperson for the Servicemaster company, and my brother had won a scholarship to own one of the Servicemaster franchises. My family said that he was such a cool person to talk to and was very approachable. Anyway, I am hoping the best for Shane Battier, and was glad that he was a Rocket.

10. jocar

jocar Member

To our future president and/or Rockets coach, thanks for all the great memories! You are a man among men. Hope you return to Houston after you win your ring.

11. Houston22

Houston22 Member

All the best Shane!

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Agreed!!!

Going to miss this guy...

13. jocar

jocar Member

According to a Nostradamus special on the History Channel... (see sig)