1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shane Battier appreciation thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Feb 24, 2011.

1. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3cPeGvRsiCc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. lalala902102001

I still believe that Shane Battier is going to be the President some day.

Good luck Shane and thanks for all you have done for the Houston Rockets. Too bad we couldn't win anything to show for it.

3. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

i will miss you

4. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

Shane should never return to the Rockets, he deserves better. The organization dumped him for one of the worst players in the NBA and a mediocre draft pick. I hope to see him on a contender next season, and in the future as the coach of a franchise that appreciates him.

5. FullMetal Sage

He will be missed. Maybe he'll be with the rockets organization some time down the road.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

If Battier is what yall say he is then the grizzlies should make the playoffs.

7. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

ya played hard, tough, and unselfish Shane. Hate having to see you go. Come back though, you have a GOLDEN singing voice.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Without Gay? That's like houston making the playoffs waithout Yao. Pretty convenient timing to make that statement.

9. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Good luck to Shane and I was happy to have him as a Rocket. He was professional, a good guy on and off the court from all indications, and really represented the Rockets well. Sadly, everything he could have brought to the team was minimized when we suddenly ran out of superstars. Thanks for your efforts, Battier.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

Battier was one of my favorite Rockets. Too bad we lost our star players, he was the perfect supporting cast. Thanks for everything Shane.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

last 10 games grizzlies are 7-3. When did Gay get hurt?

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

It has been posted but this is the epitome of Shane Battier:

[​IMG]
    Great leader to have around the locker room. I will always miss his hustle but still like the trade though..

13. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Thanks for the 2nd round push and 22 win streak Battier. You were always a class-act. Best of luck.

14. Burko

Burko Member

Mr Intangible. Thank you.

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Only Rockets player I've ever had a jersey of (my friends gave me the Rockets one for Christmas, and my roommate gave me the Duke one!). The years he spent here were his most important by far; when we think of him as an NBA player it will be synonymous with the Rockets. He was never as good as his greatest fans made him to be, but also never as bad as his detractors said he was. Most importantly he played the game the right way, and to this day he's the epitome of the player I try to be when I play pick-up myself. (Yeah I'm that annoying guy on the basketball court that gets a little too into it on D. And the face guard! Lol.) I'm definitely gonna miss Battier, but it was time.

Goodnight, Sweet Prince!

16. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

Gonna miss your karaoke voice ;(

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Why not? :grin:

18. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Will miss Shane but Chuck can take his leadership role now. I'm not high on Thabeet but I guess we have to take chances when we're in the situation we're in right now as a team.

19. Dei

Dei Member

He's intangible.

20. Roxs-Redemption

I could type a whole lot of things he did when with the Rocket's organisation but right now I can only say..Good Luck in Memphis, we will miss you :( .

Side note: I wish he could have coached the Houston Rockets