1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shane Battier appreciation thread.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

true leader

started this season horribly

really sad to see him go, if we had a star he would have stayed, but it looks like our rebuilding process has started

Would have been sweet if we gave up Jeffries instead of Battier, but it is what it is

thanks you sir, you inspired a lot of people

2. yahboyryan

yahboyryan Member

yes finally!!

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I wish we could have acquired him under different circumstances, like as a free agent pickup. He always carried around that stigma of having been acquired for a lottery pick.

4. pillardsap

pillardsap Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Will miss you Shane, have not felt so Rocket upset since Otis was traded...you gave it your all!

5. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

I'm just upset we didn't trade him to a contender...

6. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Dear Shane,

I've waited many years for an update to your website: http://www.shanebattier.com/ I'm assuming this trade just may be enough encouragement to do so and that makes me sad (which is ironic, I think? I'm never sure when something is ironic and when it isn't... Alanis Morissette screwed me up... you'd know the answer, though). My point is that without you, I feel dumber already and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet.

Seriously though, you will be missed. And keep your website picture as-is, in a Rockets jersey! :)

7. chief

chief Member

I will always remember Battier bleeding rockets red in the playoffs--championships are built around leaders like battier and i wish he could have retired here--his stats will never show what he means to a team--and i hope he wins a ring before its said and done-

8. lived

lived Member

I think the organization will eventually come to regret losing Shane's veteran presence and vocal leadership in the locker room.

Also, the younger players will miss out on learning the concept of humble professionalism from him.

However, we are desperate to up-size, so can't fault Morey for doing this deal to get a younger, bigger player.

Overall, Shane's time with the Rockets has been a huge positive (not just measured by W-L). He remains one of my favourite players and it'd be awesome if he returned to the Rockets in the future in a coaching position.

9. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

i want shane to end his career in Htown, bring the batman back this summer!!!!

10. caneks

caneks Rookie

Shane was my favorite player on this team before last year. Best wishes for him.

11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Gonna miss the "Face-Guard"...Hope he scores 40 when he plays us...

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Boston showed interest, but what exactly would the trade be? We probably want Perkins (despite his injuries), but Green is clearly more valuable than Battier (younger rotation player on a good team) so Celtics wen that way. Makes sense.

The rest of their rosters are either guys they need for a playoff run or guys in which we don't have much interest. They offer a pick, but that's likely a lower pick than what the Grizz pick will end up being. So, trade with Celtic falls through, Shane goes to the Grizz (where he fills a Rudy Gay injury replacment/veteran leader on young team role).

13. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Would you guys vote for him to be the 48th President of the United States?

14. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

A true professional.

It was a pleasure seeing him on this squad and he will be missed. I really hope he comes back in the offseason or goes to the Lakers to win a championship.

Memphis giveth and Memphis taketh away :(

15. erimanila

erimanila Member

We all love you Shane, from the fans to even my household as a true gentleman, a warrior and a hellof a ball player. Hope you can come back one day!

16. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Shane Battier has always been my favorite player in the NBA so all I can say is this hurts. Bad.

All I can wish for him is that he gets a rightly-deserved championship and retires in Detroit like he always wanted.

17. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

One of my all-time favorite Rockets.

Hopefully he'll come back next year.

18. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I'm glad he's gone. He can now take his losing ways back to where it all started. Good riddance!

19. returningfan

returningfan Member

THIS. Is it possible?

20. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member