1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams via The Athletic] Signs of Tension between James Harden, Rockets teammates early on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Dec 22, 2020.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not going to make excuses for Harden, he obviously is a big boy and knows right from wrong, however, those first 4 bullet points, they happened already and it's over with it. Yeah, it was a bad look, no ****ing doubt about it. However since then, he's been engaged, he's been going hard at practice, he's talked to the media twice, he's talking to Silas and developing a relationship and he is attempting to play within the system that Silas is building.

I think at some point we need to look past his initial start and look at what he is doing now.

He has goals of being a top 3 seeded team. He is mentoring the rookies (if you watched the 2 preseason games, you can tell he was on the rookies ears trying to train them up for game time situations). He hasn't been partying anymore. He's being a professional about everything now and continuing to work with the team.

Now, if James decides to be a hindrance to the team by breaking COVID protocols in the next few weeks, then criticism will be totally warranted.

2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

If Harden can go full intense CP3/Jimmy Butler mode, I am all for it. Every championship team has someone straight up intense.

coachbadlee likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

James Harden is whatever fits the narrative for that day.

This isn't the first time Harden has done stuff like this. He and Bev used to get into it and Harden and Tucker in the past have screamed at each other... FWIW Harden isn't the only one, some version of throwing stuff, pushing and screaming happens often enough for it to do little other than raise an eyebrow.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Morey is just kicking back relaxing as he’s releasing all this bum ass **** to drive Hardens value down so he can swoop in.

5. BreakYoSelfFool

Harden using Shams to drop hints at the future. Codman level genuis!

Harden in heated exchange throws ball at Jaesean Tate, barely missing. = Harden will end up on the Heat with the Rockets getting back Bol Bol and Jayson Tatum in exchange!

I actually hope we get Murray, Porter, and Bol Bol. I think Bol Bol should able to trade just in time for Christmas; 30 days after his contract was signed. 3 'potential' all stars for one generational talent sounds like a steal for Denver. Not sure if offered, but seems like a good deal on both sides. It is possible to win in these type of scenarios if the potential pans out. I think the Pau/Marc Gasol trade is a good example. I think at least 2 of Bol, Porter, and Murray will be all-star level, but it isn't certain even though all have shown flashes of greatness.

Erbnwarfare and matchesmalone like this.
  6. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Media Hate is real. Harden must be a real ass to the media because this is a nothing burger. It happens all the time when guys are competing. Harden could very well get traded in the next 24 hours but him throwing a ball at a rookie is nothing.

fattz and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Olajuwon got calmer to win a championship, Harden needs to get more intense.

DeBeards and heypartner like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

If the Rockets had received a good trade offer, they may well have traded him.

Also, Harden's value isn't sinking by the day, it is the same it was a week ago and two weeks ago.

No NBA team is going to be concerned about media reports or BS leaks by the Celtics and other teams.

The only way that leverage falls is if Harden becomes extremely disruptive or refuses to play.

In fact the Rockets have more leverage than right before he reported or before he agreed to practice and play hard.

So far Harden is practicing and playing hard which is more than many expected.

The question for the Rockets is how long will Harden stay cooperative, and that is a judgment they have to make.

DeBeards, HP3, malakas and 4 others like this.
  9. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Jordan and Kobe punched teammates, Draymond said winning teams argue more than losing teams. Teams argue all the time during seasons.

This is another agenda media piece, have they created any positive hit pieces to balance things out?

He threw a ball and it didn't hit anyone, it's kind of a non story and reaching imo.

10. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

James Harden is a famous nba athlete. You are not.

While he can and probably does have skeletons, he’s been around enough people and scrutinized enough that we have a good idea what he is like personality wise. That’s the nature of being famous. Not much can be kept secret.

If harden were some type of hard ass in practice or was prone to outburst like this, we’d have heard about in the past.

Again, I believe it happened and I believe it’s out of character. Occam’s Razor and all.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is how I want him to be.

lnchan likes this.
  12. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

What do you mean a full Jimmy Butler? What did Jimmy do?

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Tigers don’t change their stripes.

This is just another example of his coddled character.

They guy who went and partied during a pandemic and didn’t show up to camp on time and won’t directly address his trade request is not the guy who is suddenly all business and intensely focused.

14. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

15. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

16. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

They can drive his value down all they want but if harden makes it to regular season as a rocket, it won't mean a thing bc once he starts playing and balling out then his value will be restored. He was awesome last year without the lob, and now he gets a pick and roll lob or pop option? Not to mention the ability to shoot midrange?

fattz likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. daherro^_^

daherro^_^ Member

off topic but i heard tucker turned down $19 mil/2 years last week

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Where you hear this from?

BHannes2BHonest and saleem like this.
  20. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

LOL FR, his yelps and facial expressions are something else. I honestly feel like he gets FEWER foul calls because he pleads with refs every single time he drives.

DeBeards likes this.