1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams via The Athletic] Signs of Tension between James Harden, Rockets teammates early on

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joshuaao, Dec 22, 2020.

1. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

"Winning cures everything"

"Once the season starts and we start off hot things will get better"

Ummm yeah... This season is gonna be a disaster lol.

J Sizzle, dragonwill and csc177 like this.
  2. Salvy

Salvy Member

Not CNN, not Fox not NewsMax... They are all biased, I don't rely on not any one news source. It's good to look up information and articles from different sources. Compare, contrast.

dragonwill likes this.
  3. Nimo

Nimo Member

Are we about to see James go full villain ?

4. Chasing_Chase

Chasing_Chase Member

tomorrow baby!!!!

Reeko likes this.
  5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

This is true but no doubt James Harden is in fact a teenage girl. Saw it with CP3 and the handslap. Saw it with him and Morey always whining about individual accomplishments. His IG is no different than a teenage wanna be influencers.

6. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

dude do u know how many times this happens with almost every team lol the media is just trying to make it out to be a problem when it's not

Patience and ktbballplaya like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m very interested in seeing if Murray’s sudden leap in the Bubble ends up being real or if it was just a mirage. He went from nice starting PG to top 20 player. I’d much rather take a chance on MPJ’s potential than acquire Ben Simmons.

Patience likes this.
  8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I often tend to err on the side of caution and logic.... but we can't ignore the signs and reports on what Hardan and his camp have going as well as what the Rockets FO has been spinning through the media.

This is an ugly situation and if the "trade by Tuesday" or "sooner rather than later" reports are true, this falls well in line with the notion that Hardan will do anything and everything he can to push his way out of Houston, not by words but by actions.

Plus, it's too early to be getting this aggravated with a rookie player that is fighting for a spot on the team and a bigger role at that. Hardan is just doing what his plans are... push his way out. Frankly, it seems to be working.

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

MPJ is one of the only players mentioned that I could see an argument over Simmons for. Definitely depends on the package. RJ Hampton would be a nice attachment.

I'm a huge Simmons fan but MPJ is very intriguing. I follow the Nuggets kind of closely. I'm not sure I trust Murray to sustain but it wouldn't be shocking either way.

Reeko likes this.
  10. onreego

onreego Member

11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Which sources do you find yourself gravitating to the most?

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

We don’t even know the context of this exchange with Tate. Maybe he kept fcking up in practice, Harden got on him, he yelled back, and then Harden threw the ball in his direction. We saw Harden talking to Tate a lot during the preseason games. It seemed like every time a TO was called and they were heading to the bench, Harden had his arm around Tate and was telling him something.

This article was 17 short paragraphs, and this thing about Harden in practice took up only 1 of them, so how big a deal was it really? Shams spent more time talking about Jimmy Butler than he did Harden in this article.

ElPigto likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Come down for what exactly? Being competitive?

Yelling, and frustration and even throwing a ball at a teammate is pretty damn common stuff.

I knew it would be Tate though LOL, he doesn't back down and he is going to do everything possible to compete.

I remember when Larry Bird hit punched Jerry Sichting in practice for going all out at him.... the Celtics regulars were losing to the bench in practice led by Sichting and practice would not end until the regulars won.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

I really want Harden to stay. But at the same time this is making me like Tate more.

malakas and GotGame15 like this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Wasting Harden's time surrounding him with jabronis like Tate. Lulz.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If you watched Harden in preseason he clearly has taken a liking to Tate. Constantly working with him and giving him advice.

Tate is not a jabroni. He's going to be everyone's favorite role player within 2 years.

malakas, DonKnock, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

The General Manager and Head Coach both quit to not have to work with the owner of the team.

The second best player on the team demanded a trade and the starting power forward wants to be traded.

Let's not act like there is no reason Harden wants a trade.

18. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

The Media really wants to trade Harden. They'll never stop

J Sizzle likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's right you know.jpg

HP3, Deuce, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Tate could lock up Harden. Don't @ME.