1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SHAMS] Rockets waive Gary Clark

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Jan 7, 2020.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

16.1pts off of 38% 3pt sucks? This from a guy you spent the last year or so convincing us "sucked". You were wrong about Melo, now you've skipped to Gary Clark

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Looking forward to Melo getting isolated on defense in the playoffs...if he even makes it there lulz.

Also looking forward to Gary Clark in the playoffs lulz.

Why do you like players that suck?

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

We thought we were close on a few deals Jonathan but obviously nothing that crossed the finish line. We love the team we have. We still think we're one of the best teams in the West and now we'll have to go prove that but I love our guys, love the group we got. Looking forward to a strong finish to the season.

LOL But really, no one really believes that.

4. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Exactly, I think you just made my point for me... Need (veteran wings) over talent (guy who eventually became perfect 3&d guy)... We're saying the same thing.

I would take Frazier (better player/g-leauger), over Clark (fills a need, end of rotation)

D-rock likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

I am all about retaining talent but not to detriment of team competing for ring. Which of the 6'3 (or shorter) guards do you trade/remove to acquire 3-D wing 6'7 or bigger?

Russ Westbrook
    Eric Gordon
    Austin Rivers
    Ben McLemore
    Chris Clemons
    Michael Frazier

6 guards on 15 man roster is ridiculous. And this not even counting Harden. Worse, there are only TWO forwards playable on entire roster (Gerald Green is injured) and both Tucker and House are 6'6 or shorter.

Same at center, only 2 playable (Tyson & Harty are each half a player) while Nene is essentially retired.

treyk3 likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

House has a 6-8 wingspan making his measurements more akin to a shooting guard in today's NBA and Tucker is neither a 3 nor a 4 in today's NBA.

We essentially have 0 traditional small forwards and 0 traditional power forwards. Worst roster makeup of the Harden era (same issues last year) and it's not really even debatable. Talent - wise, we are about as good as we've ever been, it's just not fitting right to make a team.

It's almost like we needed to replace Ariza and Luc with length and height!

#386 treyk3, Jan 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    napalm06, snowconeman22 and D-rock like this.
  7. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Oh yeah mr gary enjoying this drubbing.
    How to fix em rockettes?
    Fall to 7-8 meet fakers first round exit

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

And in the blink of an eye drop to 7th. Rockets must be confident with a Lakers matchup.....just guessing.

hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets are not trying to manipulate seedings, they are just getting their asses kicked.

Tfor3, napalm06, ksny15 and 1 other person like this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I don’t think so.

This team is too good to get 20 to 30 points behind sub-500 teams.

Either Harden is hurt or burned out (first 4 out of 5 shots were 3PA’s). Not very aggressive.while knowing the Rockets
    can drop all the way to 7th seed pronto. Finished 6-19 (10 three’s.....means only 9 drives/floaters...FGA’s)

or

The players want D’Antoni gone

or

they are slumping. Doubt they this one. They can slump and still beat sub-500 teams like the Knicks/Hornets/Magic

#390 ApacheWarrior, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No mention of a MCW thread?

12. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Get prince or Faried. Trust me, they can help

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...ts-forward-Gary-Clark-considered-15115520.php

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Justin Anderson is longer (7'0 wingspan vs. 6'10 wingspan), stronger/thicker (230 vs. 220 lbs) and a better switch everything defender than Gary Clark.

Anderson is also an elite athlete while Clark is not, so Anderson is better lob threat and dynamic shot blocker. Anderson also able to create offense for himself, Clark cannot.

And Anderson is the better 3ball shooter (35% vs. 33%).

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Unless you have a link supporting this claim (players want D'Antoni gone) I strongly believe you are wrong.

It does not matter if players dislike D'Antoni (more to support that they LOVE playing for him), it only matters what Harden or Russ want.

Russ has been unlocked and is playing at his most efficient, even better than his MVP season. Morey and MDA changed entire system to maximize his strengths. Makes no sense that Russ wants MDA gone.

Harden has been MVP candidate and putting up historical production EVERY single season under D'Antoni. Harden is such an adherent to Morey and MDA that he is consulted on all the system changes before the systems are implemented.

Harden works extremely closely with Morey and MDA regarding every aspect, from personnel to philosophy to schemes. Harden never had that affinity and relationship with any other coaches or FO.

There is a trust and a belief between the 3. This relationship and loyalty took years to develop and I highly doubt a 4 game losing streak would jeopardize this bond.

Tfor3 likes this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Releasing Gary Clark was a mistake

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

This guy is better.

Justin Anderson vs. Gary Clark:

6'6 vs. 6'6

7'0 vs. 6'10 wingspan

230 vs. 220 lbs

43" vs. 33" max vert

35% vs. 33% 3P

And Anderson is better at creating his own shot by putting ball on floor and attacking rim, better shot blocker, better rim runner, better switch everything defender.

fattz likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

And stars hate him for his sticky physical defense. He just gets under their skin and in their heads.

Anderson has more junkyard dog than Clark.

fattz likes this.
  19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Rockets are at a counter seed to Denver.
    That's the option I'm saying the Rockets were going for.

The others were possible options.

I'm not buying the slump thing with teams nipping at their heels.

Rockets want to ride OKC cape while staying in front of Dallas..... depending on where Denver jockeys around to avoid us.
    They more than likely won't move up to 2 or 1st. seed. So Rockets are focused on seeding 6-4 and matching up with Nuggets.

I never said I thought the players wanting D'Antoni was the option. Of feasible options

BigShasta likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Maybe I misunderstood you, one of your options for Rockets 4 game losing streak was players wanted D'Antoni fired.

This is only point, or option, I contested.