1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Reggie Bullock to sign with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Oct 3, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ok, if it is the grammar, I am not really great at that.

I used it with KPJ's case in mind that his shooting would be missed.....

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think some posters are going to be surprised by how many minutes Amen is going to earn--simply because he'll be the best guy to put on the court.

I do think Cam Whitmore's minutes will suffer.

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Amen should be getting a lot of minutes, in my opinion he is the most important Rocket on the team. The future is on Amen's development.

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

You don't like a basketball player because of the way their hair looks and the fact they are an LGBTQA+ advocate is also 'not helping'?

You have nothing of value to add here - go away until you have scrubbed the stupid off you.

IvanLCPM, joshuaao, topfive and 4 others like this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That makes the signing even better. It might help with the public relations nightmare of domestic abuse stemming from your organization. Cut the stem, graft a good man.

The hair stuff is weird to me. If hair doesn’t block the players vision, who cares what it looks like. Get over yourself. This ain’t the dress and hair codes of the New York Yankees. It’s Houston.

FrontRunner, Deuce, joshuaao and 7 others like this.
  6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

you're missing the point. it's not about winning you a few more games it's about not costing you possessions and thus games. it sounds like the same thing but it's really not. the rookies need time to learn schedules, systems, schemes, refs, teammates, etc... basically everything about being a pro player on a team in the league. Bullock doesn't have to do any of that preliminary stuff and can put all focus on each possession which in turn doesn't lead to costly mistakes.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Okay, if he were that good at Defense, he would not have been a journey man....think about that.

Again there is no point, what do you people not understand that there is no friggin point.

There will always be guys that dislike a transaction......it is that simple, no need to convince people otherwise.

#87 daywalker02, Oct 3, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
  8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I am honestly so sick of people on this forum complaining about things like players painting their fingernails or their hairstyles. Especially when their criticism of hairstyles doesn't seem to extend to a guy like Matthew Mayer and his stupid mullet (I'm fine with him having a stupid mullet btw). It's almost as if it may be forms of discrimination.

Great signing here. We need shooting and defense, and even if he isn't the defender he was, he's still better than most of these kids. I suspect he'll be valuable off of the bench. He's also another vet who has found ways to stick in the league despite limited upside - and that's something all of our young guys, regardless of upside, can learn from.

HD729, Moe, FrontRunner and 17 others like this.
  9. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Why do people care what a player looks like? Are you dating him? Who the **** cares. We should only care about their production on the court and how they behave as a HUMAN BEING off the court. You guys are complaining about the dumbest thing. It's sad when you see grown men crying about stupid stuff like this. Anyways this was a great signing by Stone and I'm sure Ime did his magic and got Bullock to pick us over contenders. A good shooter and an ok defender for the vet min. That's what we should be talking about. Not about his appearance.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm not saying these guys are good or it's the best thing - but coaches are going to naturally default to playing guys like Reggie Bullock over rookies like Cam Whitmore and Amen Thompson - maybe even over Jalen Green at times

That's just the way the league works.

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Go Rockets!!!

DeBeards and Ancient Moabite like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Gotcha but I was disappointed, usually when things do not work with Cam, you have ample time to sign someone later.

Not even giving them a chance in Pre-season and early Season is a tad underwhelming.

Then someone's head should roll because of those questionable moves they make....

Why not take a 22 year old rookie who is more ready defensively, it is just mind boggling.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Bollocks means testicles in British slang, I should be able to have fun with this one.

He's been averaging about 30mpg on competitive teams over the last 3 years (Knicks/Mavs). I know some Mavs fans liked him, solid 3&D rotation vet.

Surprised we got him seems like he'd be perfect for a team like the Bucks or Lakers, I have to imagine we promised him real rotation minutes. Sorry to those who were expecting immediate minutes for Whitmore.

Rudyc281, topfive and i3artow i3aller like this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's a running joke with Salvy in the Hangout. Woke stuff ruins life for him. :) We like to poke him, about it.

fwiw: for complete accuracy ... Bullock's sister was T, not G. Reggie would probably want people to know the difference.

And yeah, it doesn't bother me. I get my volunteering on here in Montrose at a local LGBTQA+ center. Been an active "ally" for quite awhile.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Great signing. I'm not as impatient about Whitmore as most. I don't mind if his PT this season is dependent on how much he's impressing us in practice, I don't see why we should guarantee minutes for a mid to late first round pick. He'll be just fine and having fewer minutes will help him understand the game and sharpen his own. He can blossom late in the season or next season.

Before even hearing about this signing, I was ecstatic that we have so many good defensive players under Udoka: Brooks, Tari, Jabari, Tate, FVV, Landale, Uncle Jeff, Amen. I don't think you guys realize that's a LOT of great defenders. It's very possible we end up with a top 10 defense. Sengun and Green have both emphasized how important it is to give everything they've got on defense this season.

Sengun/Landale
    Jabari/Jeff
    Brooks/Tari/Tate
    Green/Bullock/Whitmore
    FVV/Amen

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

A 6'8 wing who doesn't need the ball. Excellent floor spacer and solid defender. Signing for the minimum.

What is not to like?

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm somewhat pleasantly surprised with this potential signing. I hope Reggie Bullock will sign with the Houston Rockets soon.

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

apparently many folks here have amnesia when it comes to unearned, unlimited, minutes given to teenagers and how successful that is. or maybe they like losing because they're also losers.

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Amen.

upload_2023-10-3_12-21-23.jpeg

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'll pass on calling people losers for having different opinions

But I agree about the end of unearned minutes being a positive. If Cam can't beat out Bullock from the rotation, he's not ready. If Amen can't beat out Aaron Holiday from the rotation, he isn't ready, and so on for the others.

Van-Vleet / Holiday
    Bullocks
    Brooks / Tate
    Green
    Landale / Marjanovic

These are the vets, a lot of them aren't that good and if the young guys want more minutes, they just have to become better than them.

Mathloom and ipaman like this.