1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams - Philly offered Simmons/Thybulle + draft compensation. Did we make the right deal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jan 13, 2021.

?

Which package would you have prefered?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2021.
  1. Nets package

177 vote(s)
    50.4%
  2. Phillys package

174 vote(s)
    49.6%
  1. roslolian

roslolian Member

You cant even find any media personality saying Harden is the best player in the world.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

https://in.nba.com/news/who-are-the...ing-2019-20-season/13vm1p03wlnre14hecrk060vn9

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/nbas-top-100-players-2019-20-ranking-top-25

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...2019-lebron-james-stephen-curry-dirk-nowitzki

All have Lebron ranked higher than Harden. Fact my ass. I'm sure I can find my more lists if I wanted too. Will take the opinion of all these people who actually write about sports for a living, or some random Harden fanboi on the internet? Hmmm tough choice...

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

You love talking out of your ass.

Harden won MVP one season, so he was the best individual player that year.

An argument can be made that he should have won 3 more MVPs.

All of these arguments are SUBJECTIVE and arguing for 1 player or another is based on OBJECTIVE criteria like MVPs, winning records, box +/-, individual stats, etc.

Championships are credited to TEAMS.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

So Jokic won mvp last year was he the best player yes or no? Or is that argument invalid cuz he isnt Harden?

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Right so nobody else's opinion matters except yours. Everybody else is wrong only you are right.

Who are you again?

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes, he WAS.

But he was not on the best TEAM.

Are you understanding difference yet?

The best player was sure as shyte NOT your princess Lebron.

Grizzlyshark and hakeem94 like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Look we all got an opinion if you think MVP = best player then thats you. Thats not how majority people think I never hear you say Steph Curry was the best player in the league in fact you were arguing with @wekko368 how Steph Curry was overrated the years he won MVP and esp when he won unanimous mvp.

So you arent even consistent with the crap you are saying just contort left and right just to prove your deluded take.

Princess Lebron will go down as a goat contender and def has much better legacy than Harden with better personal and team oriented accomplishments. Thats the only fact here.

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Curry was 2 time MVP, he may not have deserved ONE of those MVPs in my opinion but he certainly was deserving of being in conversation as best player that season.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah you said mvp = best player there was no conversation. Harden was in the conversation nobody really said he was the best player like I said best player was either Lebron/KD/Kawhi. Curry got more mentions as best player than Harden. I already showed you the list Harden was never the best player in any list its just your own opinion. You can say everybody is wrong only are right in the entire world but thats not very likely unless you are Galileo/Copernicus level IQ which I doubt.

See you are talking about being objective but then other players dont deserve the MVP IN YOUR OPINION. Make up your mind and be consistent. If you think being MVP is best player then thats that dont question mvp of others just because they arent Harden.

If others win MVP then thats questionable but if Harden wins mvp he is the best player no questions asked because he won mvp. Lol wtf dude.

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

I truly believe Harden should have been MVP those 4 consecutive seasons.

MVP is a factor to support argument for best player.

You are finding discrepancies in your own mind, there are no such in mine.

The contortions are yours.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

But he didnt win MVP 4 times he only won 1 time. If MVP is a factor to support argument then WB, Curry, Giannis and Lebron's mvp support their claim as well. How come you can question their mvp but others cant question Harden's?

Thats where your contortions are occurring it only applies to Harden doesnt apply to others. Plus when we say best player it includes the playoffs and you wont find anybody arguing Harden is a top 1 player even in the playoffs. Everybody always limits their convs to regular season when it comes to Harden whereas best player always has playoffs thats why Giannis was never considered best player until last season despite his b2b mvp.

This whole conv was talking about playoff matchup not regular season the GSW had more mvps than Rox so by your own def it wasnt even a fair fight. You are using regular season stats to prove Harden was rhe best player in their matchup vs GSW thats not how these things work everyone agrees playoffs are diff from regular season. Even people who voted Harden mvp like Stephen A ckarified it was only for regular season which obv doesnt apply in their WCF matchup vs GSW.

#1652 roslolian, Aug 15, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Who said it doesnt apply? I'm not stopping you from arguing your case.

Harden was THE best player in 2018 and 2019 seasons, 1 MVP and a near MVP supports my stance.

He also had 3 other near MVPs, but the difference between Harden and next closest player was closer (Curry, Russ) IMO.

Lebron, Durant or Kawhi were nowhere close to Harden in those particular MVP races.

For good reason.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Regular season right? Best player talks more about playoffs rather than regular season.

Why you think Lebron is higher on the list than Harden in every list? In lots of lists Im pretty sure Lebron, KD and Kawhi all ranked higher than Harden he was usually no 4.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lebron did not even make the playoffs in 2019.

Harden has NEVER missed playoffs his entire career.

You keep ignoring this.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lebron was finals mvp in 2019

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_NBA_season

Not sure what parallel universe you are living in.

I never said Lebron was the best player every year, I said it was Lebron/KD/Kawhi. In the year Lebron didnt make the playoffs it was KD or Kawhi. Harden was never in that conversation. Even if he didnt play as I have shown in my list everybody still had Lebron over Harden.

Just find an official list first from a publication or sports site that had Harden over Lebron other than your own mind. Otherwise find some way to dhow why the entire world is wrong and only you are right. And Harden. And his mom. And Lil Baby etc.

#1656 roslolian, Aug 15, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  17. HardenVolumeOne

lebron is a brand, his numbers dont really warrant him being a top 5 player anymore. But because he is linked with nike and with klutch they gonna keep promoting him as the best player in the league even when he is 40 years of age( the tv shows like first take, and undisputed wouldnt survive without lebron hot takes).

The reality is that guys like Durant, Harden, Luka, Kawhi, Giannis, and even Embiid are better than LeBron if you take away the rose colored glasses and the marketing.. LeBron in 2020 was great in the playoffs, but in 2019 he didnt make the playoffs and harden went nuclear that year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. HardenVolumeOne

that was 2020

in 2019, LeBron didnt even make the playoffs

19. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Didn’t they lose to Golden State? What did they overachieve in accomplishing, beating the Jazz? The 65 wins? They should have won more games. They were dominating the league.

You are vastly underrating that 2018 roster.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

You really are going to die on this hill aren't you?

2018-2019 was Lebron's 1st season with Lakers and he failed to make playoffs.

Kawhi was injured and missed a majority of the 2018-2019 regular season, was not even 100% early in postseason.

Durant was not even top FIVE in MVP race.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/awards_2019.html