1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams - Philly offered Simmons/Thybulle + draft compensation. Did we make the right deal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jan 13, 2021.

?

Which package would you have prefered?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2021.
  1. Nets package

177 vote(s)
    50.4%
  2. Phillys package

174 vote(s)
    49.6%
  1. raining threes

Quoted for truth

BamBam likes this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Imagine trading for a player making $30 million a year that refuses to improve his game for the betterment of the team.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Its karma for trading away the Rox past and future picks and then abandoning ship after he made a huge ass mess. When Morey left Rox hadnt picked in first round last 5 years and also almost sold their soul to OKC.

ElPigto likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Or just improve himself for love of the game lmao.

Was out watching Wimbledon a day sfter he got booed for being scared to dunk.

steddinotayto likes this.
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Dang… page 76 has some record setting TLDR posts. Oh my.

6. steddinotayto

I honestly scroll/swipe past all of that. My posts can get long winded at times but I don't make it a priority to write a dissertation for every single post.

Tfor3 likes this.
  7. steddinotayto

He's the ultimate beta. Wait...what's lower than beta because that's probably where he's at right now.

roslolian likes this.
  8. DonatelloLimestone

bro you would give up first roud picks just for cap relief for the owner. Hard to understand when some fans main agenda is saving the owner money. We're not getting top talent now, we're still rebuilding, we could send wall home and keep the picks!

csnerd84 likes this.
  9. DonatelloLimestone

Lol you can't just make up a fact and say its a fact and call someone a reality denier...I guess you can these days can you?
    @ChillyPete32 said it himself, you can't tie in the allen trade basically some time later having an affect and plannign that will make KPJ throw food which would be over the top and cause them to dump him.

Yes that would be amazing 4d chess for us to meme, but it aint reality. Sorry kid. No neither of them directly came from that trade bc for some reason you keep assuming like Allen and LEvert are floor raisers. They are solid role players. If you take pj tucker and put him on this team we're not winning, but he stil helped win a ring...thats what it is. Allen was already on one of the worst teams, levert can be sat, back to backs...so many options. you act like its the only way, and its not...don't be a reality denier;)

D-rock likes this.
  10. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Sixers about to implode because Morey wouldn’t offer unprotected FRPs for Harden. You love to see it.

NewAge, burlesk and Tfor3 like this.
  11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Look closer at my post. We are sending zero out.

12. DonatelloLimestone

my fault, you are ccorrect. Pelicans picks
    I had seen so many to add some of ours I was going off of that. In that case, as long as we don't lose assets then this would be golden jut to get rid of wall and maybe flip simmons too. Don't think itll happen that pelincans will pay 4 FRP, harden value, 3 is Jrue, for Simmons whose value is obviously tanked now .

Sixers backs are against the wall now. Pelicans might've lost Zion this ofseason. NBA will continue to look totally different in 2 years

13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The Pelicans are in a tough corner right now. If they want to keep Zion happy, they are going to have to make an effort to be good now. I know Simmons has developed a bad rap from the playoffs, but he is still a very good player and it may work out for the Pelicans. Those future draft picks will be good, but if they lose Zion, they will just be back at square zero. They don't have to deal their own, deal the Milwaukee/Lakers draft picks that you have in that stash.

Morey can't his cake and eat it too. I know John Wall is not the player he would expect back in a Simmons trade, but getting the draft picks does check some of his boxes. I don't think the picks are out there for him otherwise.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Trade him to Hornets instead, I want Kai Jones!

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Just looking at realistic deals though. This one checks several boxes for all three teams.

burlesk and D-rock like this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Gamma. Maybe delta... Delta is prominent nowadays. :(

steddinotayto likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Imagine the Hawks or Hornets with Simmons as their center:

Trae - Bogdan - Gallo - JC - Simmons

OR

LaMelo - Rozier - Bridges - PJ - Simmons

Those teams immediately become legit contenders in East.

IF Simmons agrees to play the 5 of course.

18. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Kind of funny that morey has to put up with this after quitting on us as we put up with harden demanding out

NewAge likes this.
  19. steddinotayto

I don't blame him for wanting to be as far away as possible from the Fertitta family, however, the situation he chose to be in by taking the Sixers job wasn't much different than the one he left here like you said. He has two All-Stars on the team but only one is a legit MVP-level player (Harden/Embiid) while the other one has a style of play that doesn't translate to winning basketball (Westbrook/Simmons).

20. DonatelloLimestone

i agree with you that the pelicans put their backs against the wall. This is the 2nd time in a row they were gifted a talent at the draft and they messed it up. With anthony davis when they got rondo, they went further than ever in the playoffs for Davis. He was glowing about what a difference it made to have a championship vet feed the ball and set teh pace in the playoffs, rondo himself said the chemistry was good enough where he would've considered a discount to run it back...pelicans never called, the gave Davis Elfrid Payton...

Now zion and Lonzo was one of the bright spots of that team last year. Their connection to push the ball forward was a perfect compliment. Zion is a playmaker and Lonzo adjusted well as a 3/d and zion is an elite finisher and lonzo is also perfect for that. The pelicans dropped the ball again and ned to fix it. I'm not sure zion is good enough of a shooter to balance simmons but i agree they need to make it.

I'm not sure with morey. I think they'd take that under teh assumption they can flip the picks for talent but other than that they are in win now with a star in their prime and daryl has let it known even in houston thats when a franchise should spend. He went to an owner whose going to allow him to do that rather than here in houston. John wall, however may jut be as close to as bad fit as simmons for embiid as you can get too though. Problem is john wall at his best is a flash of athleticism and creativity, but generalyl you expect low efficient oft injured player who forces too much in order to refind his stardom, hes not the guy to win now.