1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Shams) Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jun 15, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Double post

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Every time I see you post about something Kawhi-related, it's always about trying to defend Kawhi's character. From Pop being a dictator to Kawhi having supposed problems with LMA to Beadle calling out Kawhi.

It's like your radar for protecting him is on full alert, all the time. For you, Kawhi is squeaky clean. It's always the other party at fault. And that's what I don't understand. He never tries to defend his own character, but you're clearly so adamant about protecting Kawhi that you can't even remotely see it from the other party's perspective.

Pop and Kawhi? Pop rules with an iron fist and I'm so glad Kawhi is trying to get himself out of that situation.

LMA and Kawhi? LMA whines too damn much and wants to be the #1 option. I'm so glad Kawhi is trying to get himself out of that situation.

Beadle on Kawhi? LOLOL Beadle needs to stay in her lane and become more reasonable. I'm so glad Kawhi blah blah blah.

You know why I try to reply to you on ever single Kawhi-related post? It's not to try to change your mind. It's to point out that you just simply cannot see the forest through the trees.

I'm glad you think that I'm apparently scared of Kawhi going to LA. As with all of the Kawhi-related content you've been preaching, you're wrong.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Still laughing at that Beadle segment. She deserves every bit of it.

donkeypunch likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Kawhi is living rent free in Beadle's head.....probably.

slothy420 likes this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

To be honest I don't even know who Beadle is. My own opinion on Kawhi is not built on some kind of irrational hatred. I respected and liked him but after having been aware of such shameful cowardly behaviour now it's dissapointment and disgust.
    Respect is earned and respect can also be lost and Kawhi has lost any respect I had for him with his own actions.

Disgruntlement is enough reason to act like a coward? I don't think so. There have been many disgrunted players and stars but noone was acting like Kawhi.
    If anything it reveals the kind of person Kawhi really is.
    It's not speculation that Kawhi is not leader material it is just my opinion.
    I don't see how someone who doesn't have the mental fortitude to even do the bare minimum of communication and have the bare minimum of decency to face his long time employers is fit to lead anyone anywhere.

Juxtaposed Jolt likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Raptors 'Generate Buzz' As Possible Trade Spot For Kawhi Leonard

The Toronto Raptors have generated buzz at Summer League as a possible trade destination for Kawhi Leonard.

With LeBron James leaving the Eastern Conference, there is speculation that Masai Ujiri could be inclined to make a bold win-now trade of the magnitude of acquiring Leonard. The Raptors could package one of Kyle Lowry of DeMar DeRozan in a deal for Leonard.

Ujiri is known to have a strong relationship with RC Buford.

Tim Bontemps also reports that the Philadelphia 76ers have "consistently remained atop the list of teams expected to land Leonard."​

Deuce and Vivi like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Derozan or Lowry (both overpaid) with Valanciunas expiring, seems pretty great value for the Spurs
    [​IMG]

It also seems a good destination where Kawhi will eventually resign, why wouldn't he want to stay in Toronto and play with Derozan or Lowry and Ibaka for the next 5 years?

[​IMG]

justtxyank likes this.
  10. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

I agree with Beadle...

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Shocking.

FWIW: I believe that this would most likely be that much WORSE if Kawhi actually spoke out. At the likes of a T.O., Chad Ochocinco, or Randy Moss when they were labeled "Divas" for speaking their minds and publicly saying what they want and don't want.

Face it SA, he DOES NOT want to be there. Not everyone is as lame and boring as Tim Duncan to actually enjoy living in San Antonio. You guys tried to hitch your wagon to this next superstar so now you have to deal with the consequences.

lionaire likes this.
  12. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

ok. why not be a professional and honor your contract? is that to much to ask? or how about man up and stop running from your employer?

let me guess... but..but..but he doesn't want to be there anymore.. I'll take NBA championships and boring over ... well compared whatever you have to eat every year,...

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

No more championships for you!!! We don't have to tank for ours either.

It's happened more often than not, people don't like the place or people they play for. Just not to you guys, for this I'm happy.

Y'all deserve it.

14. MystikArkitect

Leaders can't be passive-aggressive. This is why CP3 was so huge. James is the better talent, but CP3 is the leader.

Kawhi needs to go somewhere where they have a CP3/Draymond/Kobe type to keep him in check. Dude is no leader and never will be.

15. Nook

Nook Member

No, Leonard is 100% in the wrong.

He is under contract with the Spurs and had the right to leave in 12 months if he wanted to.

Instead he has been incredibly unprofessional and has exposed himself as a petulant child.

BigMaloe and Vivi like this.
  16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FLASH21 likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

Not a Spurs fan at all.

Other than possibly Utah, there is no organization I have rooted against more than the Spurs because I have been a Rockets fan for almost 35 years.

Still, Leonard is a coward.

You seem to be letting your hatred for the Spurs organization cloud your judgment.

If a Rockets player was acting like Leonard, you would be irate.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You're on the wrong page.

You just got 3D Chess'd by Kawaii's Uncle.

Killer B's swarmin.

Endangered no more!

#618 Invisible Fan, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    plutoblue11 likes this.
  19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It is what it is.

The thing I find more irritating is that Spurs fans (especially Beadle) somehow because they seem to have built this imaginary 'almighty' Spurs throne around themselves and their players that they are somehow immune to a situation such as this.

Get over it. We eventually had to with Tracy McGrady now it's your f'n turn. Deal with it.

#619 FLASH21, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I dislike the Spurs. I dislike Beadle. I am looking forward to that organization having hard times.

Without knowing much and from what we see from the outside, I put about 90% of the blame on Kawhi. There might be some rigidness to the Spurs that might have caused some friction, but the majority of the problem is what Kawhi is doing. Just completely forcing his way out.

The Kawhi situation is fascinating. Wherever he lands, it will be interesting to see how things go moving forward. And to hear more inside stuff about the whole situation.

It is amazing that in this day and age we really don't know much about Kawhi and his motivations and what makes him tick.

BigMaloe and Invisible Fan like this.