1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

(Shams) Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jun 15, 2018.

1. malakas

malakas Member

The more info comes out the more it seems likely that Shams >>> Woj in this.
    You think that Kawhi can put up with Lebron? No way. There can't be two tigers in the same mountain.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yeah but lebron is a king, therefore a lion. Can there be a lion and a tiger on the same mountain?:D

roslolian and dragonwill like this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

it will end up being a zoo.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think you missed the point about losing Paul George. That's not just me saying that. The Lakers are Punting idea is mostly about Paul George not signing, and Cousins is just the kicker. Didn't Shams or Woj or Windhorst write about the Lakers being less interested now? And willing to wait a year or for SAS demands to drop.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Of course the Lakers are going to leak that they will just wait until the off season. Likewise the Spurs will leak they are in no rush to make a deal.

As for Cousins, there are reports the Lakers didn’t immediately agree to give George a similar contract so he went to GS.

So the Lakers screwed up waiting for George to be a free agent and now are going to risk the same thing with Leonard?

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. Caesar

Caesar Member

So much leakage.

8. riko

riko Member

This is really bad for Lebron. No one really wants to play with him. Rejected by Kyrie, George, Durant and not Leonard. George. Would rather play with Westbrook of all people instead of Lebron.

Zboy likes this.
  9. heypartner

Apparently, although I didn't mean to sound like I thought they will pull all offers, but are just pulling their best offer -- the Godfather offer (Sam Amick, reported June 28th). Others said Ingram was a key for Spurs and was offered, again before July 1st. Stephen A said Kuzma was off the table, but he said that on July 2nd. With George, I think they are all in. imso, you'd have to be really dumb not to trade everything to put Lebron, PG13 and Kawhi together, immediately.

I mean, it's OK to think Pops has all the leverage here. Is that your main point?

I'm not one to try to piece together Insider Info from multiple media ppl with proven sources. I'm just expecting pennies on the dollar, moreso because that is the historical thing that happens with disgruntled superstars. With the ability for the Lakers to create a 3-superstar team gone, I expect Pops leverage to drop the longer he waits, based upon history.

10. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t think Pop has all the leverage here, he has a disgruntled young star and it is unlikely he gets close to equal value. My point is that the Lakers already royally screwed up not trading for Paul George last year believing they could sign him as a free agent. I don’t think the Lakers would be smart to assume the same with Leonard. The Lakers could wind up with neither player by waiting. As for Leonard, there are reports that he would sign an extension with the Sixers. Also there are several reputable reports that Leonard would rather sign with the Clippers at this point.

How accurate are these reports? They were reported by well thought of reporters; but who knows.

Also the Lakers are expecting the Spurs to give up Leonard and take on Deng’s deal. In that scenario the Lakers better be giving up Ingram and Kuzma.

I don’t think the Lakers are punting, but maybe I am missing something. I think that they are posturing like the Spurs. Even for a rental; the Spurs can get more than the reports of the Lakers offer thus far; especially if Leonard really said he would extend with the Sixers.

11. heypartner

I think we have a disconnect here in what trades we a discussing. Sorry, it was probably my fault.

You keep saying "thus far", and citing reports *after* PG13 signed with OKC.

My whole point is that there were reputable guys reporting the best offers from the Lakers pre-George's decision. You saying the Lakers are posturing now, isn't really my point. My point is about the offfers before July 1st, before the PG13 decision. If the story is true of a "godfather offer," then Pops is the one who screwed up the most this time.

Will we ever know the truth behind offers prior to July 1st. Maybe not. But I do know that Chicago, Clippers and Indiana apparently executed their best offers between Draft Day and the last week of June last year, so there is recent history to not waiting. And fwiw: the Irving trade executed within days of Gilbert first finding out Irving was demanding a trade.

#571 heypartner, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

tiger would kill the lion in under 2min :D

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

#573 J.R., Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    houstontexans and Vivi like this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I bet if Kawhi was married this would be differnet.

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

Beadle going off on Kawhi. lol.

Invisible Fan and Deuce like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

76ers Considered Only East Team Kawhi Leonard Would Re-Sign With

While the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers are Kawhi Leonard's preferred teams if he is traded by the San Antonio Spurs, he would consider the Philadelphia 76ers.

"I want to add clarity to that," said Chris Haynes on The Jump. "Los Angeles are his preferred destinations. He will consider Philly. That's the only Eastern Conference team he would consider if they're able to put a package together."

The Boston Celtics have interest in Leonard, but he reportedly doesn't have interest in re-signing with that franchise if he's traded there.

The 76ers are believed to be keeping Markelle Fultz off limits in trade talks with the Spurs.​

17. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

They better give up Fultz and make the deal happen asap.

18. Remix

Remix Member

Beadle is just mad the Spurs are about to enter irrelevancy for the next decade. Sorry there also isn't a Tim Duncan to you can tank for that will save your franchise

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Nah, she is making solid points.

malakas likes this.
  20. heypartner

as well as a lot of non solid points.

And I'd go so far to say, in terms of her answering Jalen's question about players wanting to join forces or go it alone as leader (in this context joining Lebron or Clippers), she was way out in speculation land ... which was the tell that her whole spiel was for the feels, and little more.

And clearly, if that was just another superstar and just another team (not the Spurs), she wouldn't answer Jalen's question by attacking the player so viciously just for the butt-heart feels.

Little Bit likes this.