1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Hawks interested in Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jan 31, 2020.

1. malakas

malakas Member

WOW tons of information here, thanx so much.

I thought that OKC was saying left and right that they were gunning for the POs and they wouldn't trade any rotation players?
    Is also Gallo being shopped?

Looks like AG will be the biggest name moved this TD. Knowing Hammond very well I wouldn't hold my breath on the return the Magic will get.

JoeBarelyCares, D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  2. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I think the consensus around NBA media is that they are happy to stand pat and make the playoffs but if a really good offer comes through they are sellers. In other words, I don’t think they are trading Adams for something like Atlanta’s Brooklyn pick (lottery protected this year) in what is considered a weak draft.

malakas and saleem like this.
  3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

OKC has an internal replacement for Adams in Noel. They don’t really have a good option to replace Gallinari.

malakas and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Hawks want Capela and are dangling Collins. Collins is the stretch 4.

HOU: Myles Turner, Reddish, JSampson
    IND: Collins, Evan Turner
    ATL: Capela, Nene, House

clutchdabear likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sure but this would only affect offensive rebounding, and Collins is a very good defensive rebounder. I usually give little value to offensive rebounding, especially for players who shoot 3's on offense like Collins. Defensive rebounding, on the other hand, is of significant value for bigs.

You could also reverse this and say because the Hawks are so bad defensively, teams make more shots against them and therefor Collins defensive rebounding is underrated, you could also say bad teams don't box out and therefore it's harder for Collins to get DRBs. I wouldn't say that lol, but one could argue it, seems too nit-picky for me.

Collins defensive rebounding rate under basketball reference is this year is 27.7 %

Clint's defensive rebounding rate is 30% this season, and was 27.6% last season

Anything over 20% is solid for a center, over 25% is good, 30% is elite. Collins plays half his minutes at PF with Atlanta, so I'm confident in his rebounding abilities.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ewwwwwwwwww.

7. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I think Turner for Collins is somewhat of a sideways move for Indy. I think they will be after an SG/SF if they are trading Sabonis

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Gracias @ch44 !!!

Appreciate the validation!!

joshuaao and DeBeards like this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Man...Bogdonavic and Gordon would be terrific. I don't know much about Collins, but seems like a lateral move if we're trying to swap Capela for him. I guess we get younger and cheaper, but still...

We'll see!

10. DVauthrin

You think they want to shift Warren to power forward?

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Dipo and Brogdon are the guards. They could upgrade at SF from Dougie Buckets and TJ Warren.

But Pacers do not have any great options at PF, reason why IND playing Turner out of position at PF.

12. DVauthrin

Collins is averaging 19 points and 10 rebounds per game on 55% shooting and 34% from three (on 3.7 attempts per game). He’s also averaging 1.8 blocks per game.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/collijo01.html

13. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I don’t know, I don’t think they will make such a big
    move mid season with Oladipo just coming back and them having a good record. But they have been trying to figure out this two bigs thing for years now with Turner and Sabonis so it just seems odd that they would finally trade one of them for another big.

14. foggy94

foggy94 Member

They could still use a Bogdan Bogdonavic as a 6th man or to ease the burden on Oladipo if they want to load manage. I think Turner plays Center pretty much full time, he’s the rim protector on defense, he just spaces the floor on offense because he can shoot.

All anyone has talked about for years in regards to Indiana is them having to split up their two bigs, they stagger them as much as possible. I don’t see why they would trade a big for another big, wouldn’t it just be the same issue?

malakas likes this.
  15. DVauthrin

The issue with the Sabonis and Turner pairing is it forces Turner to play exclusively on the perimeter offensively and causes some defensive challenges. Turner is capable of making threes, but he’s not elite in that regard, nor can he attack off the dribble. Also, Turner is an elite rim protector, but pairing him and Sabonis together forces one of them to guard quicker players on the perimeter.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  16. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Capela for Vince.

RudyTBag likes this.
  17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Aaron Gordon does nothing for me. Pass.

18. foggy94

foggy94 Member

The same could be said about Collins, no?

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

This season Turner has been the starting 4 playing alongside Sabonis who is now starting 5.

Sabonis used to be backup 5.

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...rner-awakens-after-soul-searching/2772173001/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tonyeast/2020/01/06/myles-turner-comfortable-playing-new-position/

DeBeards likes this.
  20. DVauthrin

Yes. Indiana needs a Robert Covington-type player at the four, not Turner or Collins.

saleem likes this.