1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams: Harden has added bucks and heat to “preferred destinations”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 10, 2020.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

I am convinced that the 76ers are where Harden has been trying to get to all along. And frankly, I wouldn’t be surprised if this were coordinated by Harden and Morey.

Nothing really all that new at this point. The package is still the same...a centerpiece, young talent on rookie deals and picks and swaps.

From Miami that’s Bam, Herro and picks. From the 76ers that’s Simmons, Thybulle and picks. The demands don’t change because Hardens list changes.

I would still rather hold Harden for the next 2 years, with a chance we can improve and advance in the playoffs, than trade him for scraps.

2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I dunno, I'm getting strong Chandler Parsons vibes from Herro, and not just because of complexion. He had a nice playoffs, but he definitely seemed to think he is better than he is. Confidence is great, but dude was a rookie who had a couple of nice 3pt shooting games. What if he has already peaked? He is a nice complementary player, but I don't see superstar potential there. If he doesn't become a diva like Parsons, I could see him topping out as a Khris Middleton type. Other than shooting, is he truly elite at anything else? Will he still be putting up huge numbers once defenses focus more on him?

everyday eddie, HP3, Ramo$e and 3 others like this.
  3. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

Riley will bust his ass...something he needs.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is funny but such an important point by @Clutch. I think people underestimate the role of agents in brokering trades for stars. Teams don't just put offers out there like you might think. There's a process of agents and other people outside the organization going to teams to say "I think if you put X asset in the deal, Y team would be willing to consider the deal."

Harden's mom COULD actually be doing this, and doing it well, but it's unlikely she has that type of experience to be that intermediary to broker a deal like this. James Harden should have hired an agent for this reason alone.

It's this reason alone that people hire a Real Estate Agent. Anyone can sign up and put their house on Zillow. You hire an agent for the sake of negotiating for the amount you need to get your house sold, and get you in the house you need to get in.

YOLO, fckbandwagons and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I prefer to read that as "talks have not progressed"

lol

HoustonCRT and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Simmons for me is meh... Giannis or bust. Maybe Bucks are scared doesn't sign extension and go for two years of Harden. I doubt it.

bro2044 likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Could add in Robinson for McLemore swap as well. Nunn would be a nice backup for Wall too.

Everything the Heat have or value outside of Bam/Butler is still pretty underwhelming, but I think it beats the Nets offer.

LeVert, Prince, Dinwiddie, Allen + 4 1st

Vs

Iggy, Olynyk, Hero, Robinson, Achiuwa, Nunn + 2 1st

Would take Simmons, Thybulle and a couple first over both pretty easily.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Stone and Morey don't need to talk to know what they will and will not deal for. The guy worked with Morey by his side for what... a decade?

And of course Morey hasn't "Offered" Stone Simmons. It's Morey. But given Morey's personal relationship with Stone, it's unlikely we'd ever know for a second if they are texting each other, or had dinner together at the Ritz over 4 bottles of champagne.

Windy doesn't know what he's talking about, and I don't think one NBA fan believes he actually has insider information on a Morey/Stone trade talk.

HP3, Clutch, psaman17 and 2 others like this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I know it's not going to happen but Harden replacing Giannis with Holiday and MIddleton would make the Bucks pretty ****ign tough to stop.

BMoney, HP3 and Nook like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

I understand they want an all NBA caliber player back, I just think there is at best a 50/50 chance of that happening.

It really comes down to what the Rockets think of Herro and Achiuwa and how much they value taking 35 million a year off the cap for two seasons.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Herro looks pretty good to me, considering he's 20 years old espeically, great shooter and good scorer overall, can pass pretty well for a SG and has been working on his playmaking apparently, his defense is average though, but i mean, nobody expects him to be a franchise player. Still, he could turn into a Klay Thompson tier player.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  13. PatBev

PatBev Member

Harden to philly

Ben Simmons to heat

Tyler herro plus 5 first from Philly & 5 first from heat to Houston + a couple filler pieces

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  14. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Haven’t read this thread, probably mentioned but no way in hell Butler wants this right? He’s the man, they’re gritty and tough - I think Harden ruins everything they’re building

sirbaihu and ThatBoyNick like this.
  15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

He did it to LeBron when LBJ was trying to get Spolestra fired.

Harden can be coached, just needs to be the right situation.

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  16. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

My money is still on PHI but if we add some of the other teams in the East, then:

MIA: Harden
    HOU: Herro, Iggy, Olynyk, Robinson, Precious/Nunn, and whatever picks they have left

HOU: Thybulle, Simmons, Maxey, plus Scott and picks
    PHI: Harden

if it’s BOS:
    BOS: Harden
    HOU: Brown, Smart, Williams and picks

Less likely (unless it’s a three team trade with Brooklyn)
    if it’s DEN:
    DEN: Harden
    HOU: MPJ, Harris, Barton, and picks

TOR:
    TOR: Harden and Tucker
    HOU: Siakam, OG, and Powell plus picks

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Both Philly and Miami can only trade a couple of picks.

18. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

19. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

The only thing more hilarious than Harden and Giannis on the same team is Harden on the Nuggets.

It would be the thiccest team of all time. Harden, PJ Tucker, Jokic. They could then trade for Lowry as their new PG.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Herro certainly has the "it" factor.

What gets lost is that the Rockets are not just getting Herro and Achiuwa and a couple draft picks, but they clear 35 million off their cap for the next two seasons. If the Rockets trade for Simmons they are not really clearing any cap space at all.... so they are still really limited in what they can do. While Simmons is a really good defender and ball handler, I don't think fans realize how poor a shooter he is from anywhere other than right under the basket. He is like a 55% free throw shooter and now simply doesn't take shots anymore farther 3 feet out....... teams can shut that down in the playoffs easily.

clos4life, JayGoogle and onreego like this.