1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Durant requests trade out of Brooklyn

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ujuri would have to be off his rocker to move Barnes. PERIOD. Much less in a deal with Durant as the centerpiece. Forget about it.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah I meant all picks and swaps. I have no idea if that's what they would want. If they did they could trade Irving for a pick or two from the lakers. Then tank for a couple of years. Or, take Barnes and still have the Rockets controlling their picks for a long time with them being able to keep their next pick in 2028.

You don't think it's worth trading all of the picks and swaps for Barnes? I can understand that but i actually have come around to thinking it would. You still have the capability of adding another guard. Giddy or L Ball or maybe a taller guard in this next draft in the top 5 would emerge. You have a starting 5 that would overwhelming talented.

one of these guys:

#5 Pacers Anthony Black PG – Arkansas – HT: 6-7 – WT: 185 – WING: NA – Fr. – A big point guard/wing with great 3pt shooting ability and can play above the rim. Handles the ball well and is a great passer.

#2 Spurs Scoot Henderson PG – G League Ignite – HT: 6-3 – WT: 195 – WING: NA – USA.04 – Scoot could be no.1 overall in some years; he’s that good of a prospect. He’s an elite athlete at the pg position who stood out in the G League as a teenager.

SG Green
    SF Barnes
    PF Jabari Smith
    C Sengun

Bench: (at least some of these guys would stick around if these scenarios took some trading to get that starting 5)
    Eason
    TyTy
    Garuba
    Christopher
    Tate
    KPJ

Over a 3 year span that would be about a billion dollars in extensions lol. I dont know know or think really you could keep that team together though.

Trackwell likes this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

If Brooklyn are thinking they have a chance at Barnes, that pushes them past the point of delusion most GMs have when looking to trade a player. This is straight mental illness territory.

I watched a lot of Toronto as I drafted Barnes in my fantasy team, and was dumbfounded with how little they gave him the ball. It was no surprise when he was featured more/got to initiate more of the offense, his numbers went crazy.

He is an absolute stud.

hakeem94 and Plowman like this.
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

If it's just Jalen Brown and fillers with picks I totally disagree.

Smart Brogdon Tatum Durant Williams
    With Horford. grant Williams, Pritchard.

Tatum got locked down as the number 1 option in the finals by Wiggins. No chance Wiggins can guard KD and if he does it frees up Tatum.

Should be back 2 back champs.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Celtics trading for Durant is like the Rockets trading for Chris Paul. It's definitely an upgrade and can push them over the hump. But the high risk of injury is always there.

jiggyfly, Plowman and JumpMan like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

the rockets gave up 0 stars for Cp3. It was a bunch of role players/guys out of the league/a protected 1st rounder.

Boston trading for KD would likely have to include at least one all star in Brown and way more, which would gut their team

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course the situations aren't exactly the same. The Rockets only had one star and wasn't considered a serious contender before the trade. The Celtics has just gone to the Finals.

I don't think the Celtics will really "gut" the team other than Brown, although the Nets are asking more than that. If the overall talent gain was not significant enough, why would they even consider?

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't think the celtics are really even considering it, especially when they just addressed what they really needed to do this offseason which was rotational depth. Cause the haul for KD is definitely going to take more than Brown and random fillers/scrubs

9. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Feel like scottie barnes is extremely overrated. Hes not particularly great at anything. The other 3 rookies cade, green, mobley all had something you can see them being elite at

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Barnes is a do it all wing archetype with elite potential on defense…his offense might not become good enough to be the undisputed #1 option on a team, but the type of player he is is extremely valuable and sought after

Trackwell likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Barnes seems about as untouchable as you can get right now -- he's in that young elite tier of possible franchise players -- Toronto got a unicorn.

Trackwell likes this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is exactly why the Nets won't get a star AND a bunch of good role players back. Why would any team that has that kind of talent want to trade for an aging Durant? They'll either get one star and picks or several good role players.

Barring injuries, Durant is clearly an upgrade over Brown. So they might consider giving up Brown and future picks to win now. Barring injuries. That's my original point.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

We know the offseason a lot of teams try and play hard ball and hold firm. Because they hold his positive outlook since nothing much is going on. And I'm saying in general. But Boston falls into that category especially with their offseason additions and coming off a finals appearance. As far as other teams, we've seen time and time again how it can change in an instant and a team underwhelms for a significant period during the season that comes in with high expectations and then suddenly it becomes a sale. Eventually whatever haul morphs itself, it's going to happen unless KD takes back his trade demand

Easy likes this.
  14. i3artow i3aller

15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Is this anonymous GM Sean Marks?

Nobody's going to trade a 24 year old 1st Team All NBA player for a soon to be 34 year old All NBA 2nd Team Player coming off achilles surgery and having played 90 games in 2 seasons after.

Would not ever be done, not even by anonymous GM.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

can nyc absorb durant and mitchell? that would be fire af

17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I don’t like this. Feel like KD might back down.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

is ok. he’ll get injured again and miss most of the season. kyrie will be kyrie, while simmons is stuck at mentally sick

jiggyfly likes this.
  19. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

If I'm the Nets I don't trade KD unless I'm getting Barnes, Ingram or Brown and a bunch of picks.

Tsai and Marks should simply tell KD they will try to trade him but will only do for the right price; knowing KD is not going to hold out and waste the last few years of his prime.

For Boston I probably wouldn't trade brown+ multiple picks due to KDs injury history/age and due to the fact that they are already one of the favorites to win the title the next few years if not longer.

If I'm the Raptors I'm 50-50 on trading Barnes + Trent or OG +Boche and picks. KD would def make them contenders but favorites? And only for a couple years Maybe? Raptors with Masai have been very competitive and already have a recent title under their belt.

If I'm the pelicans I'd have driven Ingram, Dyson and picks to the Nets weeks ago. This is a franchise that has never been a contender and struggled for relevance the past 2+ decades. KD + Zion + CJ immediately makes them contenders. Ingram likely isn't getting much better and had fit issues/problems playing with Zion in 2021.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I agree with this.