1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

(Shams) 76ers expected to pursue Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 3, 2020.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

18/29 draft choices were in the 2nd round.

Of those remaining picks, 5 were in the 20s and NO pick was higher than 12th.

Could anyone have more hits than misses drafting in those spots?

Most players drafted in the 20s or later don’t make it. At all.

2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I wonder how many iPads it will take for Morey to get Harden

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Its also the quickest way to become a non-contender.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Look, if Philly wants to be super aggressive, you can't not listen and if you get what you want, take advantage.

Both Embiid AND Simmons as key components of package in return.

Those 2 don't fit together, but you won't find a better return for Harden, and can make moves from there.

5. Mr. Space City

Almost everybody would be available EXCEPT Embiid.

Clearly Morey wants an Embiid / Harden pairing and wants to dump Simmons because he doesn't fit with what Morey wants to do analytically.

There would maybe even have to be a 3rd team, because there is no way Simmons and Westbrook could coexist.

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

We are already at that point though?

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree, in a trade scenario like this, you gotta assume Harden would have sort of say in where he'll eventually end up so, when you consider teams he might actually agree to get traded to, i feel like you can't find a much better partner then Phila, they make sense because they actually have big names that are still young to trade, the L.A teams, Brooklyn, Golden State for example, have nothing close to Embiid/Simmons to move, and aside for the n.2 the Warriors have, they have no or meh picks.

I still highly doubt Phila would move both Embiid and Simmons for one star though, i don't really think it makes sense for them, that would leave them with Harden, Horford, Tobias Harris, Josh Richardson and i guess maybe either Gordon or Tucker, or maybe Covington, but still, with:

Horford
    Harris
    Covignton/Tucker/Gordon
    Richardson
    Harden

...they'll go nowhere, that starting five just isn't good enough to compete, at least in the playoffs.

I feel like it would've to be something like Simmons or Embiid plus picks/swaps and fillers.

#67 Vivi, Nov 3, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I mean, as soon as Harden is out, Westbrook follows, that's something to take for granted, not even worth discussing i'd say.
    ...Russ is Patrick's favourite player :D:eek:

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

If by "quick" you mean "five or six years minimum with no guarantee the new pick we acquire will ever pan out and the players we trade for will even want to be here, much less work as hard as you need to for a title," then I agree.

MettaWorldPete and Reeko like this.
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Probably right, but if you give them an EG I guess, and filler.

I'd rather hold on to Tucker and Covington.

In any case... is there a package from Philly that includes only one of Embiid or Simmons that you'd be interested in?
    I wouldn't... though if I have to choose, I'd choose Simmons, and a **** ton of other assets.

11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

lol

Kawhi was taken at 15. We had the 14th pick. Maybe if he wasn't busy drafting undersized PF that nobody wanted to trade away instead of drafting best player over all or by team need I would give him a pass. He is not with the Rockets so every little f up he made I'm calling it. Like when he passed up on Mark Gasol because of the man boobs comment. When he himself has man boobs should have drafted him anyway. lol

I'm glad we didn't have to deal the Kawhi drama because he was going to a LA anyway. We could probably have used 2Pat he has expanded his range. Morey like to narrow in on niche players instead of players that can improve overall. Harden is his only crown achievement. We not even going to bring up all the times players left Fat Elvis and his Ipad at the alter.

The Rockets were just one big experiment for Morey.

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Interesting strategy cotton.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, i can see your point here, don't get me wrong, Phila doesn't exactly have good picks to trade, but i'd still say yes in the scenario where Harden asks for a trade and so forces our hand, and if at that point he's willing to commit to 4/5 teams, Simmons or Embiid plus multiple picks/swaps, and maybe Richardson (should be able to flip him for at least a solid pick later) would likely be the best return we could get from any contender out there, aside for something like Tatum and picks/players from Boston maybe...i actually wonder what Ainge would be willing to offer for Harden.

14. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

It's not a strategy corn. It's FACTS.

15. Mr. Space City

you never know with tillman. his dumb ass would probably try to keep westbrook and sell that we still have an """"MVP""""

Ramo$e and Vivi like this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Fair enough lol.

HP3, Mr. Space City and Ramo$e like this.
  17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

lol That's what they are betting on.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

LOL

HP3, HoustonCRT, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  19. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

This feels like a predator (Morey) waiting to pounce on the weak prey (tillFern)...

only a matter of time before it happens

YOLO likes this.
  20. riko

riko Member

Tillman is Moreys biggest secret weapon to convince harden to leave. No need to sweet talk him just point out what a disastrous future lays infront of him as long as Patrick the Golden child is about to inherit the throne from the penny pinching father

YOLO likes this.