1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ShamesBomb: John Wall on his way to leave…?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Sep 14, 2021.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If Wall is gone or at least out of the rotation without issue, moving Gordon doesn’t seem as necessary.

2. fattz

fattz Member

Wow this is really happening. Ben Simmons being mentioned, just crazy.

DeBeards and don grahamleone like this.
  3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

This seems suspect. The Pistons don't have enough guys on moderate/large contracts to trade back and the Heat just traded for Lowry.

CriscoKidd, jch1911, Nook and 4 others like this.
  4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I have no idea how this plays out, but unlike most people, I’m not loving it. The last damn thing they need is to take on a bunch more bad contracts or give away draft picks. If not for the owner, I’d almost think they’d go balls to the wall on a buyout, but I think we all know that’s not going to happen. I’m honestly stumped here.

GotGame15 and MettaWorldPete like this.
  5. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

6. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Thats stupid. He can show the league what he's got from the bench. We are rebuilding. Who cares what EG has. Buy him out or trade him for a pick and move on. You dont get a Jalen Green at the # 2 pick and then sit him in favor of Eric Gordon on a losing team. I really hope the Rockets arent thinking of doing something so irresponsible like that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

But.......how, exactly?

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

thoughts never arose. Shirley…

9. conquistador#11

Who said what?

10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

This, if anything the publicity draws interest. Everyone knew it and we had no leverage before and after the announcement.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Twitter….so it must be true

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Great news! Wall is by far our biggest potential headache and standing four square in front of the minutes our young guards need. Gordon and House will likely get enough minutes to make themselves attractive to another team(s) and then we can hopefully move them, as well. Let our young studs learn and grow playing the games.

Heck, we may even win some, but if we end up losing more than we win? We own our next first round pick. No biting our fingernails while OKC, or anyone else, waits in hope of getting the luck of the draw, figuring that we couldn't be that lucky twice in a row, although back in the early '80's, we were that lucky.

I love it. Makes my day.

13. King Drew

King Drew Member

Knocking the Wall down, so let us not frown!

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Neither Heat nor Pistons could possibly put a deal together. Clips? Bledsoe, Kennard, Zubic. Wall and House.

Mitch Lawrence

The Rockets have been fielding offers for John Wall, including from the Clippers, Heat and Pistons, per sources. After taking a major PR hit for the James Harden trade, the Rockets aren’t rushing into any deal. One Houston exec: “We have to win this trade.’’

DeBeards, hajkov and hakeem94 like this.
  15. bigmatt482

bigmatt482 Member

Perineal, eww.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

The writing was on the...Wall.

But it's going to be hard. Working together to find Wall a destination must mean Wall has some say in where he wants to go - presumably for a contending team and/or a place where he's the clear-cut day 1 starter.

All that, coupled with his albatross contract? There's not a lot of teams that think a John Wall is the missing piece.

17. mightybosstone

I'm extremely skeptical on the part of the article that says a buyout is not a possibility. To me, if Wall wants out of Houston and you want him gone, that's by far the most likely scenario. I just don't see a situation where the Rockets give up picks or legitimate rebuilding assets to move him OR a team being dumb enough to take his contract without getting something in return.

Regardless, though, this is a good day to be a Rockets fan. This ensures we get to watch the back court of the future next season without Wall playing hero ball every possession and praying he sits out some games. This is a vote of confidence toward the rebuild and developing the young guys. I love EGo, but he needs to be next!

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

make him a player-coach and move Silas to announcers position

VickMackey likes this.
  19. GOOGOOMECHUCK

GOOGOOMECHUCK Member

The roids may be affecting his brain now :eek:

Deckard and hakeem94 like this.
  20. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

In the immortal words of Jalen (Rose not Green)......."Keep gettin' dem checks!!!)

hakeem94 and Jalen Green OnlyFan like this.