1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SHAM BOMB] Rockets and Cousins Parting Ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

My point was that people keep acting like it’s abnormal to not win a ring for 25 years. In fact it’s VERY normal.

hakeem94, RudyTBag and Sooty like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This assumes that we'd get rejuvenated and motivated CP3 that OKC got. I'm not as convinced that happens and there was no more contending with that core.

Rocket River likes this.
  3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think CP3 sucking had anything to do with motivation. I think it just took him a full year to recover from the injury and he's also gone vegan since which has helped his energy s

ak99999 and Dankstronaut like this.
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks, got my timelines mixed up. Well screw Thibideau for accepting a crappy trade and setting his franchise back years.

5. Fantasma Negro

6. fattz

fattz Member

I think this is a first for us. A player just quits mid season in hopes of get picked up by a contender. No trade or buy out. He was just offered a season long contract and then packs up his locker the next day. No it gets better, plays a few more games after publicly quitting. I guess he put in his two weeks. Dysfunctional at best; Stone is keeping us entertained.

D-rock and ak99999 like this.
  7. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

There is a huge difference between the two. One you’re trying to win the other you are unapologetically trying to do everything within your power to suck. The Sixers were one of the only teams that I have seen that tanked successfully. Almost everyone else was just bad.

Also to answer your first question, yes, I believe there are teams right now that will trade actual assets for Wall and no picks coming back from us but I don’t think that’s in the best interest for the Rockets right now. If you tank you better have gotten a no brainer franchise player as a result or no free agents will want to come and play for you. Also that culture is hard to change. Wall is being kept because he will be a huge expiring contract his last year. He will net you back a nice prize that last year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If true, I hope it means we also find a way to trade Wall for picks and stuff.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

He wants out. Quit on this situation. Sees no future in it, How do you want to put it? He got his loot guaranteed and now he wants out.

Rocket River and D-rock like this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

What a POS. Funny if it weren’t my favorite team.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Foot injury, huh? Yeah...

D-rock likes this.
  12. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Since I got into all three major sports in ‘87 there have been only 11! NBA franchises to win the title.

Compared to 16 in the NFL and 20 in MLB. It’s tougher to win in the NBA.

Kevooooo likes this.
  13. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Because most of them are happy to be on ANY NBA roster

payaso likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

wow wow....hold your horses.... all they ever done with the tank is just be mediocre and disappointment again....they won nothing....a big BIG bag of NOTHING IN IT... not even came close to it....not even in the regular season....

this season they started well but it means nothing in terms of winning .. first its the east ... second all they need is to string a couple of losses and they are back to being 5th seed... 3rd even if they win the east in RS, they are still galaxies away from winning the title....

and they are an embiid injury away from tanking again for 5 years and it would be a so fitting ending to their loser mentality

Scarface likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

thank you, tilman is cheap jokes getting cheaper by the day

JayGoogle likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Here is the thing, for me personally...

I think even if we had OKC CP3 we'd still lose to Lebron-AD Lakers.

Anyone that's followed my takes knows this is consistent because I think Lebron-AD Lakers STILL beat the Kyrie-Harden-Durant Nets...it's not a knock on Harden or CP3...it's just he's (CP3) not in his prime anymore, he was once an MVP caliber guy, elite, top 8 player...he's just not that anymore and he wasn't that during his time in Houston. He was just the best guy that Harden ever teamed up with here and that made the teams really effective.

#457 JayGoogle, Feb 21, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

It depends on what else is on the Team. I think the Nets have a realistic shot at winning it all. There have never been 3 scorers of their caliber on the same team. It's gotta be scary to play against. They are like 1 piece away from being out right favorites. Even getting a PJ Tucker or Another Big would push them over the too. I don't see how AD and Lebron can score enough to keep up.

In years past it was easy to just trap Harden at half court and the rest of our team couldn't create or shoot straight. What's the plan to stop James this year? You can't trap him with those shooters and shot makers.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, if they match up in the finals and healthy we shall see. My guess is they'll settle for AD holding Harden and they won't trap him and they'll live with contested 3s.

People here really downplayed AD's defense on Harden because Harden has always had issues driving on guys with length as any guard does and AD can lock down most guards because he's a center that can somehow stay in front of guards consistently. It's crazy.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

This is Silas's way of saying "We were stupid for telling everyone to offer us nothing for Cousins when we could have gotten a 2nd rounder from a contender if we would have kept our mouth shut".

#460 withmustard, Feb 21, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    Fantasma Negro and hakeem94 like this.