1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SHAM BOMB] Rockets and Cousins Parting Ways

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BMoney, Feb 20, 2021.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh are we? I miss that part where anyone said he did. dramatic posts attempts now eh. ouch

@Reeko did you post Harden won a ship? I must have missed it

@RHU525 did you? I must have missed that as well

Sooty and RHU525 like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, tagging other people to back you up? That's odd.

You...

So, did the rockets break up a championship team? Yes or no.

I know you won't answer that though...go ahead, fling more poo...

3. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

This has also been hashed out many times. Are you his son or Tillman? How do you not see this?

Morey who came in as GM doing nothing but collecting assets all of sudden just started giving away first and second rounders??? Why would he do this? Wanna go down this list?

Didn't resign Ariza. Worse never replace him with a serviceable player.
    Dumping Anderson and Melton for Knight.
    Then Dumping Knight and first for Shumpert
    Letting all our player trade exceptions expire.
    Then not resigning Shumpert after trading for him even though we had a deal in place.
    Doing the crazy incentive deal with NeNe that got vetoed by the league and ultimately led to Shumpert leaving.
    The game we played wit Danuel House sending him back to g league.
    Trading all out second rounders to dump salaries like Onuaku, James Ennis.
    Out right complaining about CP3 contracts driving his value down. Then trading him for Westbrook and all those picks and refusing to expand the trade to take on more payroll.
    Never buying second round picks anymore.

List goes on and on. How can you defend Tillman. Only owner worse is Cal McNair.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh hell nah

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, they broke up a championship CONTENDER.

When Russ arrived for CP3, we were dead at contending, imagine picking up C Wood and still having CP3, and Harden.....

DD

HP3, topfive and Sooty like this.
  6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Who I believe? It came directly from Tillman's mouth. He specially said my basketball people got cold feet and I said we are doing this....

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...tta-tells-final-hours-of-paul-westbrook-deal/

HP3 likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

when you literally post "you and others keep pretending james harden won a championship" I'm just asking them per your claim. I don't need there backup. never needed anyones. but this claim is just puzzling. Could you please provide posts where anyone said harden won a ship. Ill wait. but good luck

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Well, Tucker is more mobile and is a better post defender than Cousins by a mile. Hard to say it with a straight face, but Tucker is probably faster, quicker, and a better leaper and finisher at the basket right now too. Cousins takes up more space, but that is of limited usefulness when he is completely immobile both vertically and laterally.

HP3 likes this.
  9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I gotta say. This is not the next bit of news I was expecting after guaranteeing his contract.

Hopefully he is the first domino.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Other than Ariza and CP3 this is just one exchange of scrub for another scrub, none of these guys were the difference between being a championship team or not.

I know that the whole "He so bad he dont want to pay tax!" thing is just a narrative, dispensed by the fact most teams avoid the luxury tax. Although Melton turned out to be a nice player, them moving on from an undrafted guy and another team making use of him happens for literally every team.

11. riko

riko Member

Lol you have completely lost it

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That team still loses to the Lakers. CP3 just isn't an MVP caliber player anymore and the roster around him and Harden was always dubious and depended on Harden carrying most of them.

The Rockets also wanted C.Wood for a long time too. That's been like a 2 year pursuit.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

years of old news.

another reminder: He has sat on unused mle money for years.

Not bringing back Ariza for a measly year. The rockets searched for 2 years straight to replace him with cheap fringe players. Who could have as we now know been a valuable trade asset just in case. He's not only been able to get teams guys like Oubre/RoCo but has been signed to significant money since he was gone

Trading for Brandon Knight and Marquese Chriss by attaching De'Anthony Melton to Ryno. Knight/Chriss are absolute trash. Neither helped the team win games, but they did save the team a lot of money

Oh congrats to melton on signing a 4 year $35 mil deal btw.

Anthony’s time with the Rockets proved to be a disaster and within a month the team elected to part-ways with their high-profile free agent signing, but instead of releasing him, they kept him on the roster for close to three months even though he wasn’t in Houston or had any connection to the team. Why? They didn’t want to just eat the rest of his salary

Fertitta told SportsRadio 610 he had no issues with paying the luxury the night before last season’s trade deadline, but instead of adding payroll, the Rockets subtracted. They saved some money by trading Knight, Chriss and a first-round pick in order to add Iman Shumpert, Wade Baldwin and Nik Stauskas. Then, in an incredible display of salary gymnastics, Daryl Morey got the team below the luxury tax line by making a flurry of cost-cutting moves.

Morey pawned Stauskas and Baldwin to Indiana, attaching a second-round pick to them, and he finally found a taker for Anthony’s contract in the Chicago Bulls. To top things off, they just gave Ennis, who was in their rotation, to Philadelphia.

He dumped Gary Clark just before his measly contract became guaranteed.

Oh congrats to Clark on signing a new deal with the Magic btw.

Even in the Capela deal for RoCo, the Rockets could’ve added another player and more salary, but didn’t which allowed them to save money on the deal.

it's just a sheer coincidence that they duck the LT every time. He just needs more time. You'll see. :rolleyes:. It's amazing who acts like they pay attention but it's clearly obvious they don't.

[​IMG]

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, when you are arguing my point that "The Rockets broke up a championship team" then it's fair for me to assume you think there was a championship team to be broken up.

Again, either you believe they broke up a 'championship' team or they did not. If you don't then you don't waste the past few pages arguing it...

15. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

No one is pretending Harden won a ring. I just think he's unfairly criticized. No one in the history of the league has had odds soo stacked against him. Or run into as much bad luck and somehow is defined as a choke artists.

Dude out their carrying scrubs to the playoffs going up against the best team ever. Never even favored to win the series and yet it's his fault we lost. Like no other team could even win a game on these Warriors and somehow Harden is the only choker?

Everytime we get to WCF his second best player gets hurt. First Dwight then CP3.
    We started Jason Terry and Prigioni cuz Bev was out all playoffs. DMo who was our second best player all year was out.
    Luc couldn't play in the playoffs.
    We had weird officiating in game 6 and 7 and Game 1 next year. Blatant rigging by the league. Even in regular season KD can walk out of bounds line 5 steps with no call. Harden can make a dunk and the nba won't count it?
    Danuel House in the bubble??
    Like I'm sorry they didn't want us to be successful.

HP3 and YOLO like this.
  16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You don't get it. Having theses assets is how you improve on the team. We traded this stuff to get Harden in the first place. Shouldn't just be giving assets away.. it's not about the player it's about the opportunity the player presents us with.

YOLO likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

so you and others pretend he won a ship isn't accurate after all eh? got it. But i knew that already.

the person wasting pages is you with all this nonsense you've been posting.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Can you tell me which teams pay the Luxury tax?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

The team that stood in the rockets way for years. lmao what a question

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If you really believe the NBA blatantly rigged the series then why even watch?

Again, I said that Tilman did not break up a championship team, you took the opposite of that argument.

Who said it's Harden's fault he lost? I said that Tilman never broke up a championship team. That's it.