1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaedon Sharpe declares for the NBA draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by my time to shine, Apr 21, 2022.

1. H. Christopher

:D

J.R. likes this.
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Finally somebody who gets it. That type of lightning doesn't strike much at all if I recall.

3. Swervin

Swervin New Member

Chuck Hayes is on our scouting team and Jai Lucas is an assistant at UK. We should have some decent intel on him

18pbr, i3artow i3aller, xaos and 6 others like this.
  4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The last thing we need is yet another ****ing guard! Having said that. Screw it! Welcome, Shaedon! You’ll fit right in here.

jcmoon likes this.
  5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I generally agree with BPA, but on a team that has next to nothing at the beginning of their rebuild other that two dynamic guards, I think the improvements the team could see by adding a good two-way forward or a rim protector instead of another dynamic guard would justify drafting for “fit.” If they draft someone other than Sharpe at #5, I doubt anyone will consider it a reach.

6. PatBev

PatBev Member

If related to Shannon Sharpe draft him

Now that Lebron is dying Shannon will be hyping up the rockets everyday like no other

my time to shine likes this.
  7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

huge risk reward with him at #5. sure he was supposed to be a top 3-5 player next year... but if you go only by high school rankings teams would be considering hardy, baldwin, nzosa or Dieng at #5 this year. a year of college/gleauge ball makes a big difference to draft stock. a lot more translatable data.

palmsnbananas and saleem like this.
  8. CXbby

CXbby Member

I don't understand why this guy didn't play last year when others who are younger like Griffin and Duren played and played well. Red flag.

eliefor3, fattz, BigggReddd and 2 others like this.
  9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It may or may not be a red flag, but there's no doubt playing at college would have helped him. From what little I've seen of him, it seems he prefers to take jump shots and throw down dunks of cuts to the basket. That's fine, but I don't know if he can dribble through traffic and end with a nice layup. That's a deal breaker for me.
    @Nook Your insight would be appreciated.

10. Nook

Nook Member

He was a late enroll at KU. He didn’t get on the roster until January. Calipari made the decision to hold him out because he was so late.

Sharpe does need to work on his handle and being more physical. He isn’t going to win ROY next year but he clicks every box as 1-2-3 when it comes to what teams want.

jcmoon, mikenm268 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

He was a late enrollment guy.

JusBleezy and saleem like this.
  12. saleem

Thanks.

JusBleezy likes this.
  13. i3artow i3aller

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What's so hard to evaluate? Lots of Twitter videos. Get to it!

15. MystikArkitect

"Sharpe truly has the potential to be one of the most prolific scorers in the world but the NBA teams have yet to see it live in an organized structure against high level competition. Not only that but he has questions raised that haven't received answers in regards to his competitive nature, often coasting through games and playing with a demeanor that seemed to be "too cool" on the floor."

Hmm.

saleem likes this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Most of the highlights I've watched of him just seemed like he was that much better than the people he played with/against and that included kids that are considered top 20 high school players. It just looked like the game came easy to him without too much effort. But ... it's high school, so I don't know how it'll translate going straight to the pros. Some of the EYBL/Peach Jam highlights I watched looked like a bunch of playground basketball and was helter-skelter, for the most part, so I don't know.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  17. vator

vator Contributing Member

18. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Brandon Roy/Tmac hybrid. With his 7 ft wingspan he can play the 3 to me.

19. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

The best part of Sharpe is that he might push one of the three bigs down to 4 or 5 if the Rockets pick there. Not every team wants a big and some have the development time and minutes at SG that we don’t.

Corrosion likes this.
  20. saleem

I hope so too.

jcmoon likes this.