1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SGs]Ball Don't Lie Top 10

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown's2kFinest, Aug 20, 2010.

1. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

I feel bad for you if you are older than 17. Clearly, our society has failed. You're not a very smart guy, are you?

Where did you come with 42-40 and missing the playoffs when the Lakers were 3-1 without Kobe this season? He averaged 28, so what? He shot 40%. There are plenty of NBA players capable of putting up that stat. He also had a mediocre series against the Thunder, too, but Gasol and co. carried him. The Lakers length is the strongest arsenal LA has, followed by Kobe.

You don't seem to have much logic or intelligence, so it's probably best to just ignore you, which I (and I'm sure many others) will do.

2. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

It doesn't matter what people say, Kobe is better than Wade. His offensive arsenal is relentless. Kobe has a much more polish offensive game and when he retires, he will be considered one of the all time lakers great.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

wade > kobe since 2 years ago. durant will surpass him this year. kobe will be borderline #5 or fall out.

players will decline.

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Agreed. The decline of Kobe is about to get real steep. I've seen him fall off significantly over the last two seasons and as he gets older it is only going to happen faster. Let's hope he doesn't accept that and continues doing his best to shoot the Lakers out of playoff games.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

i think phil jackson will convince him (phil can do that). we will see how kobe is after the knee surgery and how an offseason of a lot of rest can help him.

he's going to be top 5-7 for another 2 years at most. in 2 years, i think you'll see his production decline pretty rapidly to like 19-20ppg.

6. devin23

devin23 Member

My thoughts as well. Kobe is the most competitive player in the NBA today.
    You can't measure that with stats.

7. leibs2002

leibs2002 Member

I feel bad for you if you are older than 17. Clearly, our society has failed. You're not a very smart guy, are you?

Where did you come with 42-40 and missing the playoffs when the Lakers were 3-1 without Kobe this season? He averaged 28, so what? He shot 40%. There are plenty of NBA players capable of putting up that stat. He also had a mediocre series against the Thunder, too, but Gasol and co. carried him. The Lakers length is the strongest arsenal LA has, followed by Kobe.

You don't seem to have much logic or intelligence, so it's probably best to just ignore you, which I (and I'm sure many others) will do.

funny since everyone on here for the most part seems to be agreeing with me
    yes 3-1 is a huge serving sample. it definitely would translate to a 50 win season. that makes sense the rockets were 2-2 vs the lakers without yao in the playoffs. we should have won over 50 games last year, but we didn't.

no way the lakers make the playoffs without kobe. if they do it is as the 8 seed. nuggets, jazz, thunder, blazers, mavs, spurs, houston that leaves 1 seed left. suns, hornets, and maybe lakers. so the lakers might make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed at the very very best

8. leibs2002

leibs2002 Member

i guess 28 points 8 rebounds and 4 assists per game in the finals sucks
    funny since everyone on here for the most part seems to be agreeing with me
    yes 3-1 is a huge serving sample. it definitely would translate to a 50 win season. that makes sense the rockets were 2-2 vs the lakers without yao in the playoffs. we should have won over 50 games last year, but we didn't.

no way the lakers make the playoffs without kobe. if they do it is as the 8 seed. nuggets, jazz, thunder, blazers, mavs, spurs, houston that leaves 1 seed left. suns, hornets, and maybe lakers. so the lakers might make the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed at the very very best

my bad for posting twice

9. leibs2002

leibs2002 Member

grizzlies also

10. leibs2002

leibs2002 Member

3-1, hahahahaha and you translate that out. if you think the lakers will be great without kobe that is one thing. but to claim it because they were 3-1 without him. wow

11. Asian Sensation

1) Kobe
    2) Wade
    3) Roy
    4) Kevin Martin