1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SF is losing value. Trade him now!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mag, Nov 29, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Juugie

Juugie Member

Read my post.

I said I would trade ANY Rocket player in a trade that improves the team.

Steve and Boki for TMac

Yao and Moochie for Todd Murphy, Nick Van Excel, and a number one pick

I am willing to trade anyone if it will make the team better.

2. m004378

m004378 Member

yeah right, statement said above gives the term "naive" a new definition.

3. MLC1MGC2ALC3

MLC1MGC2ALC3 Member

OK

Houston trades: PG Moochie Norris (2.9 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 2.3 apg in 14.9 minutes)
    PG Eddie Griffin (2.9 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 2.3 apg in 14.9 minutes)
    PF Maurice Taylor (10.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 23.4 minutes)
    PG Steve Francis (18.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 4.7 apg in 38.7 minutes)
    Houston receives: PG Antonio McDyess (18.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 4.7 apg in 38.7 minutes)
    PG Charlie Ward (9.2 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.7 apg in 26.2 minutes)
    C Kurt Thomas (11.9 ppg, 10.9 rpg, 2.5 apg in 35.1 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -10.9 ppg, +3.6 rpg, and +0.3 apg.

New York trades: PG Antonio McDyess (18.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 4.7 apg in 38.7 minutes)
    PG Charlie Ward (9.2 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 5.7 apg in 26.2 minutes)
    C Kurt Thomas (11.9 ppg, 10.9 rpg, 2.5 apg in 35.1 minutes)
    New York receives: PG Moochie Norris (2.9 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 2.3 apg in 16 games)
    PG Eddie Griffin (2.9 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 2.3 apg in 16 games)
    PF Maurice Taylor (10.6 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 10 games)
    PG Steve Francis (18.5 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 4.7 apg in 16 games)
    Change in team outlook: +10.9 ppg, -3.6 rpg, and -0.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED
    :D

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

That trade is so awful, I can't think of a witty metaphor.

Although I guess it would be good for ABC if the Knicks got to the finals.

5. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i agree the trade is awful, but how does it get the knicks to the final?

6. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

no one is gonna trade a superstar point guard for steve francis right now, or even later. i think we have a good solid core of players, a good coach, and good management. yeah, it might get rough at times, but hey, we arent the lakers with 4 superstars, etc. we are gonna have off nights, and probly some losing streaks in there. but if we stick with this team, 3 years down the road i think we will be awesome. yall just gotta be patient. enjoy the good games, and just get over it when we lose.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

How do they not? They play in the East?

8. thesaint

thesaint Member

Guys give a break!! New coach(management), many new players, it will take time for the rockets to build up. I say in two years this team will be awesome. I know its frustrating to watch our team loose when we have such amzing talent, but they r all just learning right now to play as a team and it will take time. They need to start doing that by focusing Yao being the team leader and aggressive and be 100% strong center in 2 years.

9. sweetie

sweetie Member

why would they want Yao? The rockets are proving even with an allstar pg Francis + Yao is still a lottery team last year and probably this year. Gs doesnt have a Francis. Heck they lost Arenas,and Jamison for nothing. Yao by himself on GS wont do jack squat. If he was a championship cornerstone,then wouldnt the rockets be championship contenders ? The answer is yes,but they arent,so GS is fooling themselves. They need more pieces than Yao,and dumping every player just to clear space for Yao will cost them everything because Yao wont go there then,and they will be left with nothing like how Utah had cap this year and noone wanted to go there. If Yao is going to goto GS just for the population and not winning then he wouldnt be wanted here anyways.

10. Miggidy Markell

You people make me sick! Trade this, trade that... Steve sucks, Yao is weak, Cuttino wont pass. I am convinced that half the people on this board aren't even looking for a win, they are just looking for something to b*tch about. If you don't like the current roster... perhaps you may find the Lakers more desirable... root for them! :mad: