1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Several Rockets will work out in LA with Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jul 11, 2013.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They all agreed on a one week "camp" and from what i could tell, all arrived by sunday, if they weren't already there.

I understand any player can leave, as it wasn't mandatory, but the whole idea was to have the team together for the entire week and that seemed to be understood by all attending. It's not like they held an open gym, here, where guys were expected to pop in and out as they pleased

I guarantee the same thing would happen with Harden or Howard if they took a whole day off during this week. It's not about Lin this time. Maybe they cut the whole thing short, who knows, but originally, the whole point was to be together for the week. The bench players would probably get a pass, but not what is believed to be the core group. why do you think people were giving Asik a hard time about being absent?

#641 RV6, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Jason Friedman on yesterday's Rocketscast edition already addressed this issue regarding Lin isolating himself and it does not have anything to do with his teammates or the management whatsoever. Just go to rockets.com and watch the video. And stop speculating. For all we know, this might be one reason why he's avoiding people right now. Give the guy some space and quit being so sensitive and paranoid. LOL

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So what was the reason?

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I believe that is a picture from the Japanese Tea Garden in San Francisco, in the Golden Gate Park.

6. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Damn. I thought I was going to see some hot chicks at the bunny ranch or at the playboy mansion :(

7. RoxDC

RoxDC Member

Essentially that he doesn't want to be in the media spotlight. Turned down a number of interviews to keep as low a profile as possible, so that he can focus on himself and improve his game as he's actually healthy this off-season.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Yoyo yo, you're my favorite Rocket spy. My next divorce if I need damaging info I'm calling you. ;)

9. TTNN

TTNN Member

low profile and skip training is different thing.

10. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

Calling these guys drama queens is an insult to drama queens

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure that if Lin left due to any "drama" or notable reason, he wouldn't have tweeted about it. The guy has been avoiding attention most of the summer, so why attract attention to something that no one else would have even really noticed if not for his tweets? Heck, if he really wanted to avoid attention he wouldn't have been out in public at all.

12. naesoon

naesoon Member

hahaha, seriously, some people here must be really bored. Maybe that's why Lin hasn't been tweeting as much because all of these weirdos read into it so much.

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Most of that looks man-made.......

14. Karolik

Karolik Member

Conclusion...Lin is EMO, probably stressed out and needed a break. Maybe he should see a psychologist #bewell.

15. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Jeremiah 32:17

17 “Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Asik was out of the country like DMo so thats understandable.

I am neither a LOH or a LOF - I do wish Jeremy well because when he plays well the Rockets do.

But the evidence is mounting - he wasnt part of the caravan that went to meet Dwight but Parsons was (their contracts expire at the same time) and then the lack of any thing after the signing despite others being pretty vocal.

It was a voluntary camp of course - but if he is going to be the leader that everyone wants to him to be he needs to see these sort of things all the way through. Again if he had something that was scheduled previously (appearance, famiyl event etc) that couldnt be re-scheduled thats one thing but to post a pic from a garden in SF is another.

Everyone else was there today - and the PG is the "qb" of the team for any chemistry to be built it must involve the PG.

I dont think its wrong for Lin to leave but it seems like a very passive aggressive move

17. ERC

ERC Member

What evidence? :confused:

Lin may have many flaws in his game (which we all hope he's working on improving this summer), but poor work ethics is definitely not one of them. And the guy is always classy. During last year's FA drama, from the Knicks publicly claiming they'd match any offer but didn't, to Melo calling his contract "ridiculous" and JR publicly saying it'd cause locker room tension, Lin remained classy and gracious throughout. What makes you think he'd be passive-aggressive now? :rolleyes:

18. PatBeverleyFan

Lmao people on here swear they know everything that is going on between the players/coach/management better than the team themselves just based of tweets and instagram pics.

19. Postcall

Postcall Member

This is what insanity looks like. Walk away from the keyboard and take a breath my dude.

20. gefforycook

gefforycook Member

With all these Lin this/ Lin that talk and speculation, Just want to tell you Lin has a prior engagement in SF, he had committed to it long time ago to be in the event. So He has to leave for SF.

1 person likes this.