1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Several Rockets will work out in LA with Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jul 11, 2013.

1. rokit

rokit Member

i think he wasn't supposed to be playing for his national team this year, wonder if dwight signing actually changed that...

2. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I like this kid... Our future starting guard.

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Go hard just to feed my team make sure we all good, dudes that made me stand up is the homies I'm gone fall for!</p>&mdash; James Harden (@JHarden13) <a href="https://twitter.com/JHarden13/statuses/357199874946633728">July 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. Solaris

Solaris Member

Yep, the dude earned for his time of resting. I remember each game how hard he was panting, trying to get another breath.

5. Solaris

Solaris Member

Can someone translate this for me? Don't understand all these lingos

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Building chemistry in other words

7. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Oh crap, he's "falling" for chandler

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am a bit surprised by Asik. I can understand he wants to be a starting center, but on a losing team? He has to know a trade can't just be done like magic and Houston is going to do what's in their best interest. But why not make the best of the situation while you are here? You have a chance to learn from Dwight and Hakeem, your body isn't going to be as taxed next year, and you will still get plenty of minutes.

Just seems like a bad attitude.

9. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

asik is the next cry baby. ha ha

10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think he's saying something along the lines of, "I will go hard to motivate my teammates to go hard, and make sure we are all on the same page. The guys that make me stand up (and lead) are the guys that will always fall for (in support)." I could be wrong though. In fact, I'm PROBABLY wrong.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

*I will always fall for

12. conquistador#11

what harden meant to say:

"Be patient till the last.
    Houstonians, countrymen, and female dancers. hear me for my
    cause and be silent that you may hear.
    believe me
    for mine honour. "

13. formido

formido Member

More than any other sport, basketball is a "star driven league". When you elevate individuals above the team to that extent, you have to expect players to follow the incentives. The constant questions on sports forums about "whose team" it is just reinforces how much prestige you lose by not being the top dog or a starter. Fans obsess about these things and thus so do the players.

And GMs, the ones who give contracts to players trying to play for a big deal and make a name for themselves while they're still in their prime and under contract for two more years at a price lower than they think they're worth.

Every advanced stat said James Harden was a superstar caliber player. Yet, a ridiculous portion of NBA fans argued he wasn't. The stigma of not starting is really hard to brush off.

I'd rather be an All-Star on a bad team than a back-up on a championship team, at least for most teams. If I felt like the team was truly a family and they gave me full respect for my contribution, and if they believed in nurturing talent and developing from within, that might sway my opinion. I don't know if there's a team that qualifies.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Bye Lin. Clearly Harden prefers Beverley, who is a "homie."

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Apparently Cuttino is out there with them working/watching.

The great thing is everybody loves each other. They like hanging with each other. That's the first thing. You gotta want to hang with your guys. I don't think that'll be a problem. It'll be an exciting year coming up.

16. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Hope his heart can take it.

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I don't think you can jump to assumptions about someone's attitude, in Summer for sure. We have a whole camp to figure this out and get some real quotes.

I wouldn't want to have to go against D12 every damn day though.

18. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

I damn near pissed myself hahahaha

19. rj3000

rj3000 Member

Who is the one in the red shirt and black shorts? Omri Casspi? Francisco Garcia? or perhaps a trainer or coach?

20. CertifiedTroll

What Harden meant to say........

[​IMG]