1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Several Rockets will work out in LA with Dwight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jul 11, 2013.

1. GIGO

GIGO Member

HTH were you able to jump from A to B?

2. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Nope... You make your money now and worry about winning later. Just look at Harden. He could have made less and stayed with OKC. But he was traded to a team (at the time) going nowhere and didn't hesitate signing a max contract.

You sound like the OKC fans that called Harden greedy.

3. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

I think fans are being to hard on Asik for not going out to play pickup ball with the rest of the team. Relax. As long as he shows up for training came and or required team workouts _ no problem.

4. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

getting that chemistry going early...

5. Nubmonger

Nubmonger Member

It's pretty neat that you took the time to re-write what I said, but didn't take the time to actually read it. I think they give out awards on the internet for that.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Bull****. Omer is training in Chicago. He could take a 3 day break to meet the New Rockets players and just say hi. Players hang out with players all the time and train during the offseason. It's not a requirement but obviously he doesn't want to be there and that speaks for itself.

Asik is not that excited about the team becoming a contender.

#526 REEKO_HTOWN, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  7. autoprt

autoprt Member

this is great to get through the break the ice period and come to camp ready to work.
    i know howard, harden and lin are LA anyway during the summer so it makes sense for it to be there.

8. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Asik requesting a trade is what obviously points to him no longer wanting to be on the team...Lol.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

This is the same guy who nuthugged KMart & T-Mac even when they were team cancers and going to the media behind the Rockets' back.

Then he had those disgraceful posts directed at Scola who maintained his class even when he was on the trade block for a couple of seasons... Go figure.

Thanks for quoting him. I've got him on ignore :p

10. PatBeverleyFan

Exactly

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. Oracle

Oracle Member

I just have a very good feeling about this team. Considering that only 4 players actually get a real NBA salary, this team will become a shocker for most of the NBA teams and especially those that are deep in the red with cap tax. No doubt Morey is a true genius here.

12. Karolik

Karolik Member

really Omer? ...sigh

13. Fighton

Fighton Member

dude, relax, uncle rico. all it says is that he's in chicago working out and decided not to come out for the "voluntary" workout. with the way he performed and worked last year i highly doubt players are second guessing his commitment to the team, and we shouldn't either.

again, it's july. it's freakin summer time. you know how fun chicago is in the summer? it's voluntary. withhold your judgement till mandatory training camp.

14. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Asik is in his prime money making years. He isn't in "sacrifice salary and role for a championship" mode. I don't blame him for wanting to be traded or even showing dissatisfaction by not making voluntary team workouts when he is just a few hours away.

He worked hard and was developing last season, I am sure he is eager to translate that into a bigger career and a bigger next contract. He is no in pretty much the situation he left in Chicago, only now the star player IS the center! It is unfortunate for the Rockets, but time will tell how Asik handles the situation.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

still needs to develop chemistry with new team mates.

16. Fighton

Fighton Member

you have plenty of time to do that. do that in training camp. or come early to training camp. not every team has these workouts, and every team has new players every year. he's already played a whole season with most of these guys anyway.

17. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

i dont see why yall are freaking out about omer not being there, i mean the dude barely speaks english and he's been around englsih speaking people all season, don't you think you'd want to get back around family and friends?

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

he's working out in Chicago and probably lobbying to go back which is fine.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

What do you mean that's fine? He's under contract with the Houston Rockets

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Right... so he can be back up to Noah again.