1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seth Curry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTOWNTAKEOVER, Jul 3, 2016.

1. htown7829

htown7829 Member

It seems like every time the Mavericks think the Rockets might be interested in somebody, they have to go sign him first. Same thing with Bogut. Think they've hacked Moreys computer

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

****, I wish we had Barnes and Bogut with Ryno and Harden.

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

missed out on curry and jennings today.

remaining PG options that we know morey likes are:

llull
    vazquez
    jack
    brooks

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Not enough cap space

5. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

when will people realize llull isnt coming over?

6. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Seth was garbage at Duke.

7. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

I think we should just forfeit the season. There is absolutely no reason to play now.

8. mightybosstone

I'd actually be totally find with Vasquez or Jack. Llull is probably never coming over to the NBA, though. I would pretty much put those odds at less than 1 percent.

9. abaker28

abaker28 Member

What about Mario Chalmers or Norris Cole? Both are FA's without a team.

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Isn't Isaiah Canaan still out there?

11. lionaire

lionaire Member

Not really. He put up 18 a game, first team all ACC his senior year playing on a bum leg that caused him to sit out every practice.

12. lionaire

lionaire Member

Two year deal for freaking 6 million!!! WE MISSED OUT.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A source said Seth Curry has been on the Mavs' radar all summer and the team moved quickly to get a deal done... <a href="https://t.co/ljuVV7iXF2">https://t.co/ljuVV7iXF2</a></p>&mdash; Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/750150801746595840">July 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. carib

carib Member

Sorry we missed out on Curry and Jennings. Curry was serviceable for the Kings last year. Mavs and Knicks got a good deals.

Here is to hoping that we find another playmaker (PG) to support Harden and a back up C.

Gordon can do some playmaking but with his injury history I hope we get someone else.
    As the playoffs has shown force the ball out of Harden's hand we can't score, hopefully MDA will have the personnel and a way to fix that.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Curry would have been a solid grab at that price, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Despite his pedigree, he's a bit of an unknown.

Ian Clark, please...

Him or try to bring over Llull (unlikely).

Vasquez is a solid player and could be one of those you-gotta-watch-him-to-get-it type acquisitions where his value exceeds the box score. The problem is he isn't really starting PG caliber, which wouldn't help us solve the Beverley issue of giving him starter minutes out of necessity (as opposed to a 10-15 MPG bench role doing the energy/agitator thing).

Jarrett Jack makes sense if he's healthy enough to play, but he's no spring chicken.

I'd be interested in any of those guys, but the player I really like that's not getting much attention is Ian Clark. He would be a cheap acquisition and worst case scenario is he's another Troy Daniels (similar strengths & weaknesses). But where he differs from Daniels is he's a more complete offensive player, IMO. He has a very quick first step, a nice floater and doesn't seem afraid to put the ball on the floor. Bring him in and let him compete for a rotation spot. Very low risk.

16. Play07

Play07 Member

Watch Curry have a better year than Gordon and y'all still make excuses for morey

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Damn, Dallas getting better..

18. carib

carib Member

I agree with the Ian Clark move, but Morey has to move fast.
    Jack is 32 if we can get him cheap and a short contract then yes.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What's the story on chalmers? Is he able to make it back to start the year?

20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

can't stand for the 3rd year in a row we open the season with patrick beverly at point. so sad.