1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seth Curry Hype thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Wangmuncher, Jun 1, 2016.

1. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

And we're going after Durant first while the players we need probably get snapped up by other teams

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Been wanting Seth on our team since he was tearing it up in the D-League last season!

3. theangrycanary

I don't see what's so terrible about Seth curry. I watched that game where he was lights out shooting and had like 15 assists for Sacramento. The dude is a legit starting point guard. And in a three point league, he's way more valuable than someone like beverley.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

He's got potential in an MDA offense.

5. alethios

alethios Member

I feel like we've been spending too much time trying to hit home runs when we could be just as effective with base hits. IOW, we routinely miss out on quality players who aren't stars but can contribute in many ways and bolster our bench.

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Now that we have D'Antoni, everyone's just about collecting one dimensional shooters. No one ever questions how a player is on defense at all anymore. I hope Morey is wiser.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Harden is going to handle the ball - that is a fact - we need players that compliment him not WEAKER ones to take the ball away from him.

DD

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Les gonna be like, I got me that offensive genius coach I always wanted...now gonna get me one of those "Currys."

9. rockets13champs

Wtf wangmuncher?

10. Swishh

Swishh Member

Here's some FACTS.

1) Seth Curry was touted as the best perimeter defender on the Kings.

2) The Rockets don't have a single GREAT shooter. Curry can be that guy.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I'm all for adding any shooters... Hell is Novak still around?

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

I don't know if his limited career will make him undervalue or the fact that he had that 15 assist game in his limited career will make him overvalued.

same thing for the last name curry. either people will think "are you kidding?" or "wow, i bet he'll be like steph."

if he could really be had for $5M or under, i would definitely take him and give him 20 minutes a game. maybe the 45% 3 point shooting in such limited time was a fluke, but given his genes that would seem unlikely.

and bringing back troy daniels would also be great. cheap shooters are something you can always use.

#52 francis 4 prez, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No harm in giving him a chance. Harden will probably trust him to knock them down.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn't have the greatest handle, and he is pretty damn slow. That said, I am down to throw Harden out there with an elite shooter. Jimmer, Seth, etc...

15. OTMax

OTMax Member

In D'Antoni's offense, we won't have to worry too much about defense anyway and as we saw this year, the defense of Ariza, Dwight & Beverley did not amount to **** so might as well get guys who can knock down those shots Harden creates!! Can you imagine all those wide open threes going in? We could've won way more games based on that alone.

16. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Stephen Curry is an unrestricted free agent next offseason. You bring in Seth this year to lure Stephen next year. We can have the real MVP and the people's MVP on the same team.

17. Muaz

Muaz Member

I looke at some of the game logs and the opposing guards did seem to have a lower field goal percentage? Westbrook, lillard, and wall.I thought he was a solid defender. Did he defend opposing teams points or their two guards? Some games where he played a lot were with rondo starting whose also pretty well regarded, but I believe more man to man

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">And don't forget, the Kings extended a qualifying offer to Seth Curry, so he's a restricted free agent.</p>&mdash; Jason Jones (@mr_jasonjones) <a href="https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/status/748200571945910272">June 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Here are some facts :

1. You have mentioned the Kings in your example, LOL.

2. You mentioned Curry and GREAT shooter both in the same sentence, but somehow you don't understand NBDL is a different league than the NBA.