1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seth Curry and the Mavs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HayesIsBack, Mar 5, 2017.

1. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Seth is quietly breaking out this year.

Dec 9.8pts/game 49% 3pt shooting
    Jan 13.7 50%
    Feb 16.7 46%
    Mar 22.5 47%

Overall on season 48/43/84% shooting.

Mavs have been better than .500 since the start of the year.

Just beat Grizzlies, Heat and Thunder, and lost a close one to the Hawks.

roslolian and Lawlruschang like this.
  2. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Rockets fans called it right on Seth. Seemed an obvious pickup for Houston if he was even within reach (never saw a link to Houston)

Having Lou Williams is great, he's much much more proven. Though perhaps with Seth on the team, instead of Lou maybe you fill the big man need. I'm good with what Rockets have. What sucks is its those darn Mavericks getting lucky lol.

BigShasta likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone could tell that Seth was a player. Super bummer that we missed on him. Oh well.

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Funny how everyone wanted Bogut but Dallas is doing way better without him, lol. Seth gonna give his brother fits if Cuban ever gets more talent on that team.

RocketWalta, roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I still don't understand why we didn't grab him. Dude shot 45% from 3 last year. Would have been a nice piece here.

roslolian and SF3isBack!! like this.
  6. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

I wanted him last year. That family has 3pt shooting genes. He just needed to get comfortable with minutes.

He shoots better than his brother because he takes better shots. Shots that he would get plenty of just by playing off Harden.

7. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

He shoots better than his brother? Unless there is a 3rd Curry brother i assume you mean that Seth Curry is a better shooter than Steph Curry....arguably the greatest shooter in NBA history. Yeah, Im gonna have to disagree.

Don't let the above post distract you from the fact that if you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to financial compensation.

#7 mdoggnic, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Shoots better as in better shooting percentages from 3.

mdoggnic and HayesIsBack like this.
  9. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Reading comprehension. Shoots better as in shooting percentage, because he takes better shots.

What's this about financial compensation? I know a poster here that lost money trading on oil prices. He probably needs your advice.

10. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Somebody with simple reading comprehension.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Here, here!

How cheap: $2,898,000 | $3,028,410

12. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If Clutchfans was drafting we would have Leonard and Seth.

ramotadab likes this.
  13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Good, I hope that the Mavs have a bunch of good but not great players and be stuck in the mediocrity treadmill forever.

napalm06, Fyreball, vtjsr2 and 2 others like this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm glad we got our Mavericks games out of the way early this season (by some quirk of the schedule). They've looked pretty good lately. They've gone from top 10 draft pick (silver lining for us, I guess) to perhaps sneaking into the playoffs (albeit with a sucky record, but still) and earning the privilege of getting destroyed by GSW.

vtjsr2 likes this.
  15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

How ironic would it be if the Mavs sneak by and get the #8th seed and upset the Warriors when 10 years ago, the Warriors upset the Mavs .HB return to Oakland, Curry vs. Curry, Matt Barnes in the same team, lol.

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes yes yes!!! Mavs should win all their remaining regular season games so they can squeak in the playoffs, miss out on a lottery pick, and then get stomped on Terrence Jones on a homeless man style in the playoffs 0-4.

Cuban should be hardcore like Les Alexander and mandate that his team build a contender while making the playoffs every year. They already got a head start when they bamboozled 76ers into giving away Noel for three 2nd rounders. Going on a tangent here but man, every time I remember that trade I just think how dumb the new 76ers FO is. Trade away Noel for scraps then lose Embiid for the rest of the year. Genius! LMAO

17. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

They're trying to do what the Rockets did with their rebuild post-Yao. Problem is, they don't have Morey and there are no Hardens out there.

vtjsr2 likes this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Btw on Seth Curry although he looks good we'll have to wait and see if he's real, Mavs were a trash team so other teams don't really pay them any attention, I mean they start some dude name Yogi whatshisname and they were the worst team in the league at one point.

Now they're stringing games together more teams are gonna pay attention and esp. teams like OKC who are in danger of missing the playoffs will go at them hard. That's when we'll see if SC really is more than just a flash in the pan. I remember Darren Collison as a rookie on NO, when CP3 got injured he came in and suddenly started compiling the same stats as CP3. But when he got the attention and teams scouted him and started defending him he faded fast.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Y
    You never know. Barnes and Noel are good building pieces and they have a top tier coach as well. If they can get a top 5 lottery pick this year and offer that to the Bulls for Butler you never know if Chicago says yes.

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

He's putting up his Daddy's numbers.

sirjesse likes this.