1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seriously, when can we end this JG experiment?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zjcblord21, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Buck Turgidson

Again...offseason

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Isn't it offseason already, might have just gone to All Star Break vacation and then Spring Break.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is still a good scorer, he just has to harness it into consistent games and he will be be paid 25+ million.

This entitlement issue is really frustrating.

4. Buck Turgidson

It's not Cabo Time, Is it?

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. cml750

cml750 Member

Sure. let Jalen go to Cabo for the remainder of the season.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

Does anything you see that Rockets is doing make sense?

7. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Next chapter is becoming a 6th man.

The Jordan Clarkson allegations seem to have won. Hopefully we can stay above the Corey Brewer ones.

ThrillaNManilla and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Fantasy land poster. Stone's doing a great job in only year 3. He needs a extension if anything

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I think its important to bench Jalen so the finger pointers can focus on the root cause -- this horrible excuse for an offense.

Carpe82, Zen Tabak and anthony59237 like this.
  10. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Blowing #2 overall, especially when you reached to do so, is fire-able in and of itself.

Look at Philly and Phoenix, wasting top picks on busts (Okafor, Bender, Jackson) probably cost each team a title.

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I didn't know that!!
    Guess I need to go back on Club Shay Shay .....

Go Rockets!!!

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

he's only 21! Wait 22 now ;)

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Barring him averaging like 25 a game the rest of the way, I don't see him retaining the starting spot next season unless he actually beats out competition on merit.

We are still balancing winning and developing, so he will likely be a starter the rest of the season is my guess.

topfive likes this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: How many years in the NBA do we give a player before you give up on them?
    At what age?

He's 22. Is next year a contract year? Honestly . . . I think that should do it.
    If he cannot bring it in a contract year .. . . then I'm gonna say let it go
    One more year . . .a full off season with Ime . . .and a contract year .. . . HE SHOULD BE A MONSTER next year
    If by all star break he is not . . .. . mid season trade

Rocket River

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The number 2 pick is blown far more often than it hits for some reason.

I think the pick is cursed.

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

OMG VERBAL .... Are you really doubling down on an inefficient chucker?? He has a fragile mind WITH an altered ego!! The Jalen Green experiment is DOA!! The quicker we peel off the bandage the quicker the healing will occur!! The finding excuses phase is over.....

I ABSOLUTELY HATE THAT WE FUMBBLED ON A #2 PICK!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Go Rockets!!!

17. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Bam you can feel how you want about it. You could take Jalen Green out of the equation entirely and this team would still be bad. What would be the excuse then? Jabari?

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can understand the rage but Udoka needs another offseason and probably a better management, a coordinator on Offense...

We need some time to digest this inefficient season, but it was a good defensive season.

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

They obviously can't trade him now past the deadline. I think the focus now is whether he's hampering the development of other players. He shot 14 times last night, most of anyone on the team. I don't know how long you keep trotting that out there when it takes time away from Cam and Amen....and even more when Tari comes back, potentially.

At this point the discussion isn't about waiting till the offseason...that decision has already been made. It's mostly now about playing time.

Having said that, there's others advocating giving him one more year to figure it out. I'm definitely not for that.

20. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

This summer is when the Rockets move on... The Rockets will attempt to extend Jalen at 4 Years/$80 million total with an opt out after year 3 and Jalen will say "I ain't no 6th man." The Rockets will then trade him to avoid drama of 2025 Free Agency and maybe having Jalen accept the $31 Million qualifying offer that would make him a restricted free agent...

Affordable Players that will be free agents that I think would provide more value than Jalen Green...

Malik Monk
    Grayson Allen
    Buddy Hield
    Tyus Jones

After watching Jalen's jump shot evolution, I don't fear that we may make a J.D. Martinez type of mistake. After 2+ years of working with this new jump shot form, he is still getting worse with more reps - because he only went half way with fixing his form and his shot is more broken than ever.