1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Serious] Why have Paul, Gordon , and Clint looked awful ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Honestly FIFA would probably get him in better shape than weightroom.

2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Anyone who watched the Rockets last year should know EG is streaky. He wasn't good in the playoffs either until the Warriors. Glad he showed up for that.

hakeem94, joeson332 and daywalker02 like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Woops meant 15-16. Thanks for the correction.

We made the WCF, lost to the Warriors, and then tanked the following season. Sounds familiar, hopefully we turn it around.

4. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the issue. It's not just that the Rockets are losing, its that they suck! Out of the game by halftime suck!
    That strikes me as an effort issue. That includes CP3 and I really don't understand that.
    I'm befuddled.

5. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

They've gone away from their old offensive scheme of hoisting up a lot of 3s and their transition offense has looked awful as well. It could be that their defense has gotten worse so it's hard to get rebounds to kick out and push to the other end of the court. I think it also has to do with our roster makeup and that our old shooters we trusted to nail 3s when given the open look aren't here and we're having to rely and experiment on different offensive schemes that better suits this roster.

Shots even when they're made just look so much more difficult going in than last year.

6. jb86

jb86 Member

The rockets need to move the ball more. When they run pick and roll plays, they run those plays a lot harder. Just flat out play more aggressive. So far the most aggressive team always win this year.

7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

On defense there is no communication on switches. Maybe Ariza brought that aspect of his game. What DAntoni needs to realize is that Gary Clark has experience communicating on defense in College. Vincent Edwards has that experience also but it seems he can't play at NBA level yet, due to injury I believe.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I agree EG is streaky , but I've never seen him this bad . Usually when he's off he's just missing 3's ...

Right now he's blowing wide open layups and FT's

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

cp3 and harden lost one single game this year playing together...

the difference between the bad and good players in nba aint that big in reality

(eg the difference between 30% 3pt shooter and 40% 3pt shooter may not be even visible in the span of 10 games let alone one game)

thus it all comes down to effort, availability, familiarity with the system and pure luck

double digit loss means only 3-6 possessions difference (or even less than that because 1 missed layup results in an open 3 in transition and thus 5 points swing) ....that could be explained by few lucky bounces, bad(or changed) officiating and variance in 3pt shooting

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

Capela's hair is the main problem; looks awful.

napalm06 likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

question @Deuce: Do those ESPN vids in Lowe's 10 Things article leave the Pause button in the middle of the screen for you, or is it just me? The Pause will go away when viewing within the article, but if you go Full Screen, I can't seem to make it fade out, as normally, any more.

grrr

that said, they allow downloading those vids now. that's cool.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Move your mouse to the top of the screen. Once the mouse is not hovering on the video it disappears.

14. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

hard to be motivated on the court when u just got a fat contract, maybe it's human nature.
    And I think EG's affected by being in the trade rumor, not feeling wanted?

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Eh...he was crying off the damn court in Game 7. I don't think he's wired like that. Maybe I'm wrong...but he's likely hurt and it's not being reported.

As for Gordon...yeah...I can believe the rumors are getting to him and he's cratering. I can see that for sure.

HP3 likes this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

thx. seems overly sensitive to me, and since I often hit pause a lot, for closer looks, the delay is too long. I like streamable's approach better, where there is no visual cue, you just know a click is a toggle to pause/play. Plastering the screen with a Pause button that has a delay is like "Hey, y'all inexperience interdweebs, a mouse click is a Toggle between play and pause."

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This is not the #NewMath I was hoping for, tbh.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The New Rules mean they should MOVE MORE
    Player Movement is key

Why is Capela not able to get more alley oops
    I was told the new rules would make it easier for him to slip screens

Rocket River

19. HotardAg07

HotardAg07 New Member

I don't think CP3 and Gordon have LOOKED so bad on offense as much as just missed shots. Defensively, I think CP3 is struggling the most with the Freedom of Movement emphasis.

I think Feigen mentioned that Clint is hurt, but not so hurt he can't play. He'd be resting, if the front court depth wasn't already decimated by injuries.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance