1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Serious Relationships and Girls on the Side

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CreepyFloyd, May 11, 2006.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Anyone who is in a serious relationship, but is thinking about having a fling with someone else and is asking for advice on a bulletin board, is not in a serious relationship.

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Thank you.

Saying you aren't that attractive and then saying that you've got all these chances to get laid (obviously hinting that doing that would make you feel better about yourself) really says more about your level of insecurity than it does about your manliness or attractiveness.

Any guy who thinks that being the best looking guy in a bar full of hot women is what makes you attractive doesn't really understand women very well.

And any guy who thinks other guys think he is cool because he gets laid often by different women cares way too much what other men think.

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Does this redhead want you to be a judge in a d*ck sucking contest??

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Your girlfriend is already dealing with this issue all the time. She has other men hitting on her all the time. She's turned down opportunities for your sake (as far as you know).

I only wanted to play
    I thought what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him anyway
    But he found out and someone else gave him her hand to hold
    And suddenly I find myself out in the cold

He trusted me all the time
    I thought I could see another man and he would still be mine
    Well yesterday I had a good thing worth more than gold
    Today he's got a truer love and I'm out in the cold

I had a love warmer than fire
    But I listened to my desire
    Now yesterday's dreams are tomorrow's heart aches
    I'm payin' (payin') for my mistakes
    Now girl, take a tip from one who knows
    If you open up a new door, you may find the old one's closed

So be true to your good man
    Take a lesson from the story I have told
    Or you just might get-a left now out in the cold
    You just might get-a left now out in the cold

Don't let yourself get left now out in the cold
    Don't let yourself get-a left now out in the cold

5. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

The mere fact that you have to ask means that it is wrong. Why do something like that unless the girl you are with means nothing to you. At least have the courtesy of dumping her first (and let her know the real reason) then you can bone all the girls you want. Cheating is wrong no matter how you spin it.

6. CreepyFloyd

CreepyFloyd Member

I've tried this and come pretty close a few times, but it's just way too much effort

Now as for the people criticizing me for starting this thread, relax, this is just a situation that I haven't really encountered before, thus, I was asking to see what others who have been in the same position have done...no need to over overanalyze

7. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

I strongly disagree. Attraction to other females and the temptation will always exists, even within the confines of a committed relationship. We're sexual beings.

The choice to cheat, on the other hand, would signify immaturity and unpreparedness to handle a serious relationship.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It looks to me that you were actually agreeing with Manny.

9. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Do what ever the hell you want, just don't lie about it.
    If you want to to risk your existing relationship for some strange tang, fine, just be straight with the girl, tell her exactly what's going on, you're young, you're not married.

I will remind you (as I always do) that when you go for the drama, the higher highs usally comes lower lows too. You may have some hot sex, you might find a better relationship or you may end up with nuthin.

My other applicable universal truth is my current sig.

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Thank you JV...

11. Stone Cold Hakeem

I'm sorry. I misinterpreted your post.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I don't see that at all. Manny said that if you're tempted to cheat, then you're not ready for a serious relationship. Stone Cold Hakeem disagreed by saying people can always be tempted, regardless of whether or not they are in a serious relationship.

I'm obviously in one and of course it would be tempting if a hot woman came up to me. I would never do it, but it sure would be tempting.

#72 Rocketman95, May 12, 2006
    Last edited: May 12, 2006
  13. Stone Cold Hakeem

Bingo.

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

To me, "tempting" implies that the thought would cross one's mind regardless of whether or not you choose to act. For me, the thought would never cross my mind even if the circumstance presented itself, but that's just me.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

not the thought to actually do it. but the thought that really simply that person is attractive. and that that said person would find you attractive would make you feel good about yourself.

16. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Quality > Quantity

Though you may not drive a great big Cadillac
    Gangsta whitewalls
    TV antennas in the back
    You may not have a car at all
    But remember brothers and sisters
    You can still stand tall

Just be thankful for what you've got.

17. Billyp

Billyp Contributing Member

I understand where you are coming from CreepyFloyd. Im 21 and I've been with my girlfriend for three and a half years now and she's the only girl I've been with. Sure the temptation always exist but if you are going to do it, I'd recommend breaking up with her first. Even if you don't get caught, it is something that will probably be in the back of your mind for a long time whenever you are with your girlfriend. The regret and hurt feelings and all the other stuff that comes with cheating is not worth it. One of the ways I've looked at it before is that a lifetime (or however long) is worth more than an hour with some random girl.

P.S. If you do cheat, at least get tested afterwards if you go back to your gf. It's bad enough to betray her trust but to pass something on is unforgiveable.

18. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

You can't make it happen, you just have to be at the right place at the right time. If your ever lucky enough, enjoy.

19. codell

codell Contributing Member

I agree.

There is a difference between looking at another woman and thinking she is good looking and thinking about whether or not you would be "tempted" to cheat.

20. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Jimmy Carter, anyone?